Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,387
    Forum Member
    that "pick-up" biscuit advert.... Makes my blood boil every time I see it.
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've watched mostly More 4 today.
    Every single ad break.....'gold for the price of silver' Enough!!!
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    China Girl wrote: »

HATE that advert! I reach for the remote every time it comes on! >:(
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    Brian is clearly a gloomy guts who won't let her dance like a maniac and huffs when she goes horse riding or eats massive prawns! I think Brian is the one with a problem tbh, she's better off without him :kitty:

Ah, I see what you're doing.... you're biased, as biased as me (probably), because I'm male and get peed of with all the anti-male adverts, and you're not.

Maybe I should try and see it from the other side? You're right, Brian does sound like a bit of a shit, I mean he doesn't even like seafood!! What sort of person doesn't like seafood?! Certainly not anybody I'd like to go on holiday with... :D
  • Options
    LilSoapyFangirlLilSoapyFangirl Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    HATE that advert! I reach for the remote every time it comes on! >:(

That advert was fine the first 2 or 3 times I saw it, but I also am starting to get sick and tired of it now too. :(
    It's very frustrating to hear someone repeating the same line, over, and over....... and over! I'm like, "SHUT THE HELL UP" by now. Have they not realised they have hammered it into our minds by now?! Apparently not! :(
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    When my vans off the road I'm not working...
  • Options
    TelenautTelenaut Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    That stupid digestive biscuit advert with the dogs. I don't see what they are aiming at, but it's just a small, flat, hard cake full of sugar and preservatives. Nothing cutesy about it at all.
  • Options
    EuanMebabeEuanMebabe Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Joan Collins Snicker ad used to make me smile, but I'm thoroughly sick of it now.

Man: "Dan, eat a Snickers."
    Joan Collins: "Why?"
    Man: "Cos you turn into a roit diva when you're huuungroi."

ENOUGH ALREADY! >:(
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Telenaut wrote: »
    That stupid digestive biscuit advert with the dogs. I don't see what they are aiming at, but it's just a small, flat, hard cake full of sugar and preservatives. Nothing cutesy about it at all.

its not just that its the theme tunes they are using that annoys me - whats the theme tune to Blockbusters/Murder She Wrote got to do with biscuits? Its one of those stupid ideas that has little to do with the ad!

Blockbuster one featured what looked like a gremlin.....
  • Options
    MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one with the annoying American housewife going on about some kind of washing machine powder or something?? I'm sure someone will correct me. I don't notice the product because her voice is so flipping annoying, we now turn over whenever it starts.

Also the breakfast biscuit one with the girl singing that stupid song. I want to punch her.
  • Options
    sianlovescatssianlovescats Posts: 1,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one with the annoying American housewife going on about some kind of washing machine powder or something?? I'm sure someone will correct me. I don't notice the product because her voice is so flipping annoying, we now turn over whenever it starts.

Also the breakfast biscuit one with the girl singing that stupid song. I want to punch her.

I’d never seen that washing thingy advert until yesterday and unfortunately it was on every ad break last night.....shut her up already!
    And don’t get me started on the biscuit one...grrrr
    The other advert that does my brain in is the ad for Taylor’s coffee. The ad looks as if it was selling herbal sleeping pills....but then we get bags of coffee floating across the screen. Shouldn’t it be a more perky ad rather than this bizarre little film?
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Victoria Plum >:(>:(>:(>:(

argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That annoying bloke is back on the booking hotels ad. crawling on the floor and hanging upside down, his voice is even weirder than his actions.
    He's the one on the Boots sponsor ad for This Morning. The smile one, he has fake looking teeth the size of tombstones.
    Where do they get these idiots from? drama school rejects?
  • Options
    middsmidds Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    That annoying bloke is back on the booking hotels ad. crawling on the floor and hanging upside down, his voice is even weirder than his actions.

If he hadn't spend so much money on computers, laptops and/or tabs he could have just booked them into the nearest 5* hotel he could find :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's the one on the Boots sponsor ad for This Morning. The smile one, he has fake looking teeth the size of tombstones.
    Where do they get these idiots from? drama school rejects?

If I know the advert you're talking about, the more annoying thing is the woman with that "oh, you're so silly" stupid face.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who thought that tone deaf singing would sell toyotas?
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lectrospin wrote: »
    Who thought that tone deaf singing would sell toyotas?

I love that Bruno Mars song and this ad infuriates me so much.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    Ah, I see what you're doing.... you're biased, as biased as me (probably), because I'm male and get peed of with all the anti-male adverts, and you're not.

Maybe I should try and see it from the other side? You're right, Brian does sound like a bit of a shit, I mean he doesn't even like seafood!! What sort of person doesn't like seafood?! Certainly not anybody I'd like to go on holiday with... :D

Although having said that, Brian really doesn't mind his girlfriend going on a luxury holiday without him so he can't be all bad can he? Actually, I think she should be grateful to have Brian now you mention it ^_^
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EuanMebabe wrote: »
    The Joan Collins Snicker ad used to make me smile, but I'm thoroughly sick of it now.

I agree they need to update this. I have seen it so many times it barely registers anymore.
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trivago. "I want to go to.... Rome (or wherever) for the *best* price." Really? You mean, unlike everyone else who'd happily pay through the frigging nose??
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I hate that advert too, who would share Vanish "tips" on Facebook? :o:confused: All the "tips" are the same anyway, rub a bit of the stain remover on. leave for 30s, scrub and rinse.

There are some people on Youtube who make a living out of all kinds of moronic 'advice videos'.
    Oak furniture land - gold for the price of silver arrggggghhh
    steveh31 wrote: »
    "Knock on Wood" arggggggggggggggh

At least they're no longer using a bastardised version of the American song about surfing (I forget what it's called, but the real song had some whistling in)
    EuanMebabe wrote: »

Didn't they make another one with Stephanie Beacham? I know I've seen a different one, but you'd think they'd rotate them.
  • Options
    lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please get rid of the PostCard lottery adverts. I used to think that Fiona Philips was such a good reporter till she fronted this Tat
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    That stupid car ad where the sat nav says "Just forgive him, he's an idiot" or something, and both the guy and gf/wife both laugh :confused:
    Yet another annoying ad making men look like knobs :mad:
  • Options
    HypnosssHypnosss Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid advert for Sunny loan company saying that only they have the Sunny No Fee Guarantee. Why the hell would another company have a Sunny guarantee and if they did they would be sued for using the Sunny name.

Also getting sick of the woman on the Kindle advert who says "no way" in response to how long the battery lasts, I just really hate the way she says it.
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and also the youghurt advert with Nicole Scherzinger she is so annoying the one's where she gets the yoghurt on her nose and just laughs it's solo annoying and that shampoo advert where she just starts screaming. She's in too many adverts just get off her TV.

I hate, hate, hate those adverts!
    It's the way those stoopid things happen to her and she acts like she is just a great fun girl who can laugh at herself and everything else i.e. I am so incredibly cool and I bet you just love me!
  • Options
    McCollMcColl Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    ProEnamel toothpaste >:(>:( My God that woman voice is horrendous.
    Absolutely yes! She talks through her nose and can't even say 'enamel' ..she says 'namel >:( Can't stand that ad!
This discussion has been closed.