Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion VII (Spoilers)

richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
Got a feeling
Swagger may be a lock now to move to Smackdown if they keep the belt on him until the draft, as Raw has two world champions on their roster and I can't see them moving Superman over to the blue brand if he keeps his belt until the draft

Comments

• Options
    Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad about the spoiler. Glad he didn't miss the boat like Benjamin.

On another note, today I received my t-shirt that I'll be wearing to Raw in a couple of weeks. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A link to watch the Smackdown Spoiler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw2wLjJbUso

What shirt did you get Harris?
  • Options
    AWESOM-O 4000AWESOM-O 4000 Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well some people who have posted on the subject seem to think the decision is correct, are they all wrong or have they made a personal choice in thinking this person has some credibility?

yes they will buy a PPV with him headlining because most people buy them regardless of who they are seeing wrestle, he got every right to be there just like anyone else

PPV byrates are more or less the same every month no matter who's on the card
    Sure...

Next PPV lets put Jimmy Wang Yang vs Carlito for the WHC main event and Santino vs Khali for the WWE title and lets see what the buyrates are.

Sorry, but youre just plain wrong on that statement.

PPV's get buys on the strength of the main events, I cant see how you're possibly questioning me on that. Its a proven and known fact.

Why do you think Cena, Batista, HHH today, and Hogan, Andre were all main eventing PPVS?
  • Options
    Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What shirt did you get Harris?

nWo shirt...with my name on the back! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sure...

Next PPV lets put Jimmy Wang Yang vs Carlito for the WHC main event and Santino vs Khali for the WWE title and lets see what the buyrates are.

PPV's get buys on the strength of the main events, I cant see how you're possibly questioning me on that. Its a proven and known fact.

Why do you think Cena, Batista, HHH today, and Hogan, Andre were all main eventing PPVS?

thats a match thats worthy to main event wrestlemania and that would easly clear a 2 million buyrate! :D:D
  • Options
    AlferdPackerAlferdPacker Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Id Love a Jimmy Wang Yang Vs Carlito Main event. :D
  • Options
    rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quick question i hope someone can help me with.
    i'm looking for a video of when shawn michaels was rolling around on a table saying he's on fire..with HHH sat with him.
    It was on shawns best moments breifly on raw..i remember the moment but can't find it on the net
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhynoGB wrote: »
    Just a quick question i hope someone can help me with.
    i'm looking for a video of when shawn michaels was rolling around on a table saying he's on fire..with HHH sat with him.
    It was on shawns best moments breifly on raw..i remember the moment but can't find it on the net

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=060MI-Pwovo

If this is the right one its part of the whole DX and Vince's plane saga :D
  • Options
    rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=060MI-Pwovo

If this is the right one its part of the whole DX and Vince's plane saga :D

thats awesome,cheers mate,i've been looking for that for the last few weeks.
    classic DX:D
  • Options
    Nik01Nik01 Posts: 9,947
    Forum Member
    Sure...

so people want to cena H and big dave in main events all the time?, even though most are begging for them not to be, they must do if they are paying for ppvs each month

you put anyone in a main event and most would still buy the PPV
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhynoGB wrote: »
    thats awesome,cheers mate,i've been looking for that for the last few weeks.
    classic DX:D

You're welcome, glad my sad markiness and addiction to YouTube has finally proved itself handy :D

I love the DX stuff - the one where they're actually on the plane is mint but my favourite is the one from last year where Shawn comes back after working in the cafeteria and hits SCM on that whining little girl - epic HBK :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woo shiny new thread.

And i loved the scm on that bratty child :D
  • Options
    Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone had any problems getting their tickets to RAW from ticketmaster?
    I ask this as I have had right argument down the phone with one of their people this evening.
    I booked and paid for three tickets last November on the day the tickets for Newcastle were released.
    In January the tickets had not arrived so, as my mum got them on her card and they'll only speak to the card holder, my mum phoned them and they said the tickets were not released till nearer the time of the event to avoid touts.
    This afternoon, as its less than five working days till RAW next Thursday and the tickets have still not arrived, my mum phoned them.
    They told her the tickets had been sent on November 17th. We have not received the tickets and my mum was furious as ticketmaster took the money for the tickets immediatly and they obviously lied to her in January.
    I phoned them up myself when I finished work and I've been told that they have cancelled the tickets and I now have to get the tickets when we turn up for the wrestling next Thursday. I asked if I could pick them up before but they said its not possible and its also not possible to send new tickets out to me.
    I am really cheesed off now. I can't see how they can't send more tickets out. Also I have to turn up with a letter from my mum with her details and some id for myself.
    Do event venues scan tickets these days? Ticket master said that as the original tickets have now been cancelled, anyone trying to use them will not get in.
    I'm worried sick now.
    Sorry for my rant, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
    My son will be gutted if we get there and there's a mess up.
  • Options
    wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    Steve Austin was asked via Twitter about
    Jack Swagger beating Chris Jericho at the Smackdown taping for the World Title
    . His response was:

"
    sounds too soon to me. the kid does have a bright future though
    ."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nik01 wrote: »
    so people want to cena H and big dave in main events all the time?, even though most are begging for them not to be, they must do if they are paying for ppvs each month

you put anyone in a main event and most would still buy the PPV

1. No, alot of people (the IWC mainly, i.e us) do not, but the general public (the vast majority of PPV buyers and WWE viewers) do. Whatever people think about Cena, Batista and HHH, they are three big draws in the current wrestling climate. Again, this is solid fact based on PPV buyrates when all three have been in main events, and then compared to events where they havnt.

2. Sorry but youre just incorrect, theres no point me arguing with you as you are not listening to fact.

If you seriously think that putting anybody in a main event would sell any PPV then I give up.

Clearly Vince has got it wrong all these years thinking his biggest draws would sell him PPV's!
  • Options
    Nik01Nik01 Posts: 9,947
    Forum Member
    As long as there one or two mtches on a card that someone wants to see they will buy the PPV, it doesnt matter if they are interested in the main event or not

im assuming you ordered WM? did you think that the cena/big dave match was going to the the main event, did it stop you buying it?

people are going to buy ppvs for many different reasons, as long as people are still buying them is all that matters
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Off topic: Why do Digital Spy need to keep creating new threads for this... Good idea buy why??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    matty125 wrote: »
    Off topic: Why do Digital Spy need to keep creating new threads for this... Good idea buy why??

I think they dont like threads getting too big.
  • Options
    jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    I like the smackdown spoiler.I honestly don't think the mishmash buildup and lack of true credibililty is a major issue,simply because he is playing the heel role.Ofcourse,a certain guy (you know who) receiving this push would have been more logical and created more interesting TV.
  • Options
    COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if HBK may come back as an announcer i remember in 1997 he did a couple of Raw's alongside JR & The King
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nik01 wrote: »
    As long as there one or two mtches on a card that someone wants to see they will buy the PPV, it doesnt matter if they are interested in the main event or not

im assuming you ordered WM? did you think that the cena/big dave match was going to the the main event, did it stop you buying it?

people are going to buy ppvs for many different reasons, as long as people are still buying them is all that matters

Yes it does, the main event matches!

I dont understand how you can possibly disagree with me when Im telling you facts. So what you're really telling me here is that Vince has been wrong the past 25 years and his main events should be random?

The vast majority of people bought WM on the strength of the main events - Jericho/Edge & Cena/Batista & HBK/Taker. Thats the entire reason most people buy PPVS, the MAIN EVENTS. Not the UNDERCARD.

All THREE of the above matches were the main events, and every person in those matches is a well known draw (not so much Jericho).

What sells boxing PPVS? - The main event
    What sells UFC PPVS? - The main event
    What sells WWE PPVS? - The main event/s

I dont know what more I can say.

Again, this isnt me speculating or just telling you my opinion, im telling you pure, stone cold, fact. The vast majority of casual wrestling fans (not IWC members, not smarks) buy the PPVS on the strength of the main events of that particular PPV.

Hence the reason why all the biggest draws face each other at wrestlemania, and hence the reason why its gets by far the most buyrates every year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont know if it has been mentioned today but...

News on JR
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J.R :(

Vince has always treated him like shit too. Couldnt wait to get rid of him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    WWE April appearances so far.

Thursday 8th of April - HMV Newcastle. MVP will be signing the TLC 2009 DVD.

Friday 9th of April - HMV Glasgow Buchanan Street. Cody Rhodes and Ted Dibiase signing the TLC 2009 DVD.

350 wristbands will be issued on the day of the event and will be available to collect from 8.30am.

Thursday 8th of April. Newcastle Tesco Extra. WWE Superstars signing the new range of Mattel action figures and fans have a chance to pose inside giant packaging and get the chance to find out what it's like to be an action figure themselves!

Saturday 10th of April. Glasgow Tesco Extra. WWE superstars signing the new range of Mattel action figures and fans have a chance to pose inside giant packing and get the chance to find out what it's like to be an action figure themselves!

Sunday 11th of April. Tesco Extra Stockport. WWE Superstars signing the new range of Mattel action figures and fans have a chance to pose inside giant packaging and get the chance to find out what it's like to be an action figure themselves!

Monday 12th of April. Chesterfield Tesco Extra WWE Superstars signing the new range of Mattel action figures and fans have a chance to pose inside giant packaging and get the chance to find out what it's like to be an action figure themselves!

Visitors may obtain an autograph by making a purchase of £5 or more.

I am sure that more will be added and as you can see some cities will most likely get more signings than others. Sounds pretty good though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Latest UK ratings:

Sky Sports 3
    w/e 21 Mar 2010
    000's
    1 HEARTS V HIBERNIAN-LIVE (SAT 1200) 115
    2 LIVE LVCUP FINAL RUGBY UNION (SUN 1500) 114
    3 WWE LATE NIGHT SMACKDOWN (FRI 2300) 98
    4 A LEAGUE GRAND FINAL (SAT 1430) 83
    5 LIVE INDIAN WELLS MASTERS TENNIS (SUN 2100) 80