Options

Scores and comments, let's hear them

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So you've watched the show and some of you are probably re-watching certain routines on sky plus (that might just be me :D) and I thought it would be a good idea for a separate thread from the actual show one as it's easy to lose posts in there.

So say what you think; you can be as brutal as Jason or as sweet as Karen, now the dust has settled what did you think of tonight's contestants?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you've watched the show and some of you are probably re-watching certain routines on sky plus (that might just be me :D) and I thought it would be a good idea for a separate thread from the actual show one as it's easy to lose posts in there.

So say what you think; you can be as brutal as Jason or as sweet as Karen, now the dust has settled what did you think of tonight's contestants?

Johnson Beharry - 1 inspiring individual, but can't skate. He even had his partner hopping on toe picks just skating onto the ice at the introduction
    Nadia Sawalahala - 2 it was OK
    Ashley Peacock - 3 good characterisation but a bit tentative
    Jeff Brazier - 4 not as good as I expected
    Angela Rippon - 5 very elegant and precise but a bit slow over the ice
    Kerry Katona - 5 I rather enjoyed her performance but would have liked her to 'do' a bit more 'stuff'
    Vanilla Ice - 6 good but the routine wasn't really my thing and like Jason I wonder what he will be like doing other styles
    Laura Hamilton - 7 easily the best
  • Options
    reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty damn good: Laura Hamilton, Jeff Brazier, Kerry Katona, Vanilla Ice. Not bad but not very exciting, Angela Ripon, Johnson Beharry. Not very good but still enjoyable to watch and I just like her - Nadia; rubbish and boring, Steven (and what the hell was his poor partner dressed up in?!)
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steven/Ashley is this years' Todd Carty. :D

Johnson was bad, great guy though and is worth way more than reality TV.

Nadia - just meh.

Brassiere - OK, nowt special.

Angela - triple meh.

Katona - was quite good. I don't like her but her performance was competent and I think she will go far if she keeps her gob shut and just skates.

Vanilla Ice/Rip van Winkle - awesome confidence, not technically amazing.

Laura - best by miles.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty damn good: Laura Hamilton, Jeff Brazier, Kerry Katona, Vanilla Ice. Not bad but not very exciting, Angela Ripon, Johnson Beharry. Not very good but still enjoyable to watch and I just like her - Nadia; rubbish and boring, Steven (and what the hell was his poor partner dressed up in?!)

You pretty much summed up how I feel!

I think the leaderboard was about right. I hope Nadia gets the votes because I love her and I hope Laura gets the votes because she's relatively unknown and her high score won't help her on this occasion.

Steven was weak. I'm surprised they made him go first as it wasn't a particularly memorable routine either. There's probably enough Corrie fans to see him through the first round though.
  • Options
    Constant PMTConstant PMT Posts: 3,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kerry better than I expected. Joint fave so far.
    Jeff worse than I expected.
    Nadia not bad, I think she'll get a lot better.
    Vanilla Ice my joint fave so far.
    Ashley Peacock is Todd Carty isn't he? lol
    The rest I am a bit non plussed about, if that's the right word.
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Ashley Peacock - 3/10
    You got the fun element excactly right, Steven! Despite this, the skating wasn't very good to be honest. I spotted a lot of mistakes in the performance.
    Angela Rippon - 5/10
    I think she had the technical aspect nearly perfect, although she did have a couple of stumbles. I would have liked a bit more of an emotional link to Sean, though.
    Laura Hamilton - 7/10
    I think from tonight, Laura is the front runner. Apart from a few odd facial expressions, that dance could have fitted into Week 6 - nevermind Week 1! Well done to Colin for the backflip as well!
    Johnson Beharry VC - 5/10
    I have to commend him for how brave he was, he could barely walk - nevermind skate! I thought it was a good job for Show 1. My only advice is for him to enjoy the perfomance a bit more.
    Nadia Sahwalalalah - 4/10
    Well, she got into the spirit of Tina Turner, but there was hardly any skating. This show is called Dancing On Ice, and I have to say I only saw the dancing tonight Nadia.
    Kerry Katona - 6/10
    Quite romantic, and I think they make a great partnership! I thought it was a good job for the first show.
    Jeff Brazier - 5/10
    Well done to him on getting the technique and skating the routine well, but I'm afraid it was quite wooden. I would have liked to see a bit more fluidity in his body.
    Vanilla Ice - 6/10
    Suprisingly good! I thought the lifts were very daring! My only criticism - can he only do 'gangster'?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It might help to post my own opinions. :D

Steven Arnold - 3/10 - The routine was fun and he clearly tries hard. I don’t think he’s the worst skater but the routine was littered with mistakes and stumbles; will be lucky to survive the skate-off.

Nadia Sawalahala - 2/10 - The music started, she started to dance and I though great. Unfortunately the skating never really seemed to start. The mark may be harsh but there was very little content to judge on.

Johnson Beharry - 4/10 - At the beginning of the show there was a nasty wobble and I was genuinely worried for him. I was pleasantly surprised when it came to his routine because his skating was actually quite good. He needs to work on his presentation and his performance but a good start.

Angela Rippon - 4/10 - She moves with such a lovely grace and in moments it was very nice to watch. However her transitions between moves were quite choppy in places and the skating was fairly slow, I also agree that she needs to add light and shade to her performance, it felt a little bit flat to me.

Jeff Brazier - 5/10 - I didn’t expect to like him but he’s a naturally funny man. He moved fairly quickly over the ice but it may have been the cause of the mistakes. Definitely needs to work on his performance and on his lines but a good start.

Kerry Katona - 5/10 - I really liked this performance; she’s clearly worked very hard to get to that point. Some nice skating in parts, she’s showing promise.

Vanilla Ice - 6/10 - He really was quite good. It’s true that he might struggle with different styles in the future but it’s unfair to judge him on something he hasn’t done yet. This performance was fun and suited him. Strong lifts and he looked very confident and stable on the ice; definitely one to watch.

Laura Hamilton - 6/10 - The score would have been much higher but the high tempo of the routine caused her to make a few mistakes; having said that she was doing some serious skating moves and in week one, fantastic stuff. I’m really excited to see how far this girl can go and her enthusiasm is infectious. My favourite performance of the night. :D