Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,422
    Forum Member
    peter05 wrote: »
    Not just me,If you read Digital Spy and other forums, and many of sky subscibers are not happy with sky and are looking for an alternative TV platform

An incredibly tiny percentage, and many of the most vocal aren't even UK residents yet have some bizarre mission in life to attack Sky at every post.
  • Night WatchmanNight Watchman Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bangers wrote: »
    Which Christmas though? :D

According to Freesat this Christmas coming up (together with Demand5).
  • peter05peter05 Posts: 3,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An incredibly tiny percentage, and many of the most vocal aren't even UK residents yet have some bizarre mission in life to attack Sky at every post.

Then may be someone should start a poll on a sky forum:D and ask who is not completly happy with sky and why not:o
    or may be I could start one if you do not want to:D

I do not mind more 4 hd being on sky and VIRGIN, as I am quite happy watching it in sd FTA
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then may be someone should start a poll on a sky forum:D and ask who is not completly happy with sky and why not:o

Perhaps joinfreesat should redo the "which channel do you want to see next" poll, as over half of the 5000+ respondents said Film4 HD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OH derek derek derek500 how you can be so happy that over half the UK puplic are not getting what they want, is quite worrying
  • Calibans DreamCalibans Dream Posts: 3,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes but will it be one vote per poster or one vote per sky share you hold?

But it gets to something when they even start invading the Freesat forum and try and shout down any sky decent here as well as their own forum.
  • ShaunWShaunW Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    I dont think anything will happen any time soon TBH (Although I would love to be proved wrong on that :D ), but I do think as long as Channel4 stay committed to FTA broadcasting their HD channels will be FTA eventually. Over time Virgin will add more HD channels and there could come a point were Virgin offer a large enough package of HD content to take away Skys claims that HD is still a premium product and warrants an additional fee.

HD and ESPN are not free on virgin, the costs are hidden, that is why my Sky package including the HD and ESPN charge is more expensive with Virgin.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not just me,If you read Digital Spy and other forums, and many of sky subscibers are not happy with sky and are looking for an alternative TV platform
    By the same token many people on alternative platforms write on Digital Spy that they are unhappy and are looking at Sky, being bias has you are I would not expect you to mention that.
  • davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But it gets to something when they even start invading the Freesat forum and try and shout down any sky decent here as well as their own forum.

Then perhaps you should ask peter05 why he makes so many posts on the Sky forums or is it because it is a public forum with no prerequisites for ownership of the discussed equipment. What is appropriate for one of the freesat supporters is appropriate for Sky supporters. You can't have restrictions one way and not the other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Then perhaps you should ask peter05 why he makes so many posts on the Sky forums or is it because it is a public forum with no prerequisites for ownership of the discussed equipment. What is appropriate for one of the freesat supporters is appropriate for Sky supporters. You can't have restrictions one way and not the other.

What a shallow reply, you were coming on the FREESAT threads long before I was posting on Digital Spy

Yes I do post on the sky forums to let sky subsciber's know there is another satellite TV platform, that will not rob you every month, I am happy doing that and to tell subsciber's there is an alternative to sky +

So why do you come on FREESAT forums again ? Not to tell other forum member's there is a cheaper system on offer I am sure
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ShaunW wrote: »
    being bias has you are I would not expect you to mention that.

You are right I am bias, glad you noticed that:D

So you would like me to STOP POSTING on Digital Spy because I am bias against sky well I think, well it sounds a bit, well BIAS to me?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are right I am bias, glad you noticed that:D

So you would like me to STOP POSTING on Digital Spy because I am bias against sky well I think, well it sounds a bit, well BIAS to me?

I have not said anything about you posting on DS or not, as per form your twisting things.
  • DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I do post on the sky forums to let sky subsciber's know there is another satellite TV platform, that will not rob you every month, I am happy doing that and to tell subsciber's there is an alternative to sky +

So why do you come on FREESAT forums again ? Not to tell other forum member's there is a cheaper system on offer I am sure
    Quite a lot of hypocrisy here. You find it acceptable to mention Freesat as an alternative in the Sky forum but not the other way around? The fact that one is cheaper than the other doesn't justify this difference. Something being cheaper isn't the be all and end all, it's about value. I'd love to see you trying to sell a Micra to a Porche 911 owner! :D

Whether Sky "robs" people is personal opinion - lots of people are obviously content (perhaps begrudgingly) with Sky's prices. You get far more than Freesat offers but of course you must pay the price.

Personally, I wouldn't pay Sky's full prices because they don't offer their Sports channels separately. I only have it because of the 50% discount for new customers. Without that, it certainly wouldn't be worth it for me, but it probably is for many others.
  • davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I mainly post on this forum to both correct errors and misinformation posted by members like yourself and to assist members wherever I can.

Yes freesat is a cheaper option than Sky but distinctly second rate in my opinion and lacking most of the sort of content I am looking for - and I suspect many of the freesat viewers who post their wish lists of channels needed on freesat which I believe shows the platform is sadly lacking in many ways.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mainly post on this forum to both correct errors and misinformation posted by members like yourself and to assist members wherever I can.

Yes freesat is a cheaper option than Sky but distinctly second rate in my opinion and lacking most of the sort of content I am looking for - and I suspect many of the freesat viewers who post their wish lists of channels needed on freesat which I believe shows the platform is sadly lacking in many ways.

What misinformation have I posted on FREESAT forums
  • johnboy726johnboy726 Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well at least 4oD is coming to Freesat by Christmas.
    :rolleyes: I would,nt bet on it
  • figrin_danfigrin_dan Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After reading all the threads where people discuss what PVRs are best for skipping adverts, it seems pretty obvious that a film channel that relies on advertisers is not going to work. Soaps and live sports and programmes for 'watch whatever's on' type people are going to be the ones that attract advertisers.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Confirming what i knew in an unofficial capacity, but today received this from Channel4 officially.
    Dear Mr Popeye13

We are sorry to hear that you feel Freesat has been overlooked. Contrary to this, we have had an agreement with Freesat's operators for some time and are waiting to be allocated bandwidth and also until after the retuning after the final UK area goes digital.

We have no date at the present for providing these channels** on Sky.

We hope this has cleared up any confusion.

Kind regards,

Damien McCandless
    Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries
    **Film4HD & More4HD
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »
    Confirming what i knew in an unofficial capacity, but today received this from Channel4 officially.

**Film4HD & More4HD
    So I'm confused:confused:...... Did they just forget to say Freesat on the press release then, did they change their minds, or are bits of Channel 4 not talking to each other?
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting and hopeful. As the final piece of the digital jigsaw is put in place in about 3 and a half weeks weeks one hopes this will be announced before Chrimbo.

Not sure I get the bandwidth angle, surely its already there and just needs to be used? Or am I so wide of the mark people are laughing?
  • AndrewLGAndrewLG Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    mike65 wrote: »
    Not sure I get the bandwidth angle, surely its already there and just needs to be used? Or am I so wide of the mark people are laughing?

Me neither, they have their own transponder with only one HD and one SD channel, okay it's now only DVB-S but they still have capacity.
  • ProDaveProDave Posts: 11,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »

"We are sorry to hear that you feel Freesat has been overlooked. Contrary to this, we have had an agreement with Freesat's operators for some time and are waiting to be allocated bandwidth and also until after the retuning after the final UK area goes digital."

Sounds more like they are talking about freeview Otherwise, why would they be bothered about the final area of the UK going digital?

As usual the PR man does not know his DTT from his DSAT

We will just have to wait and see. But could they be talking about the as yet unknow suppler for the 5th DTT HD channel?
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ProDave wrote: »
    Sounds more like they are talking about freeview Otherwise, why would they be bothered about the final area of the UK going digital?
    If so why didn't they mention that on the press release? If they are launching on Freeview it would seem a bit odd not to launch on Freesat as well.
  • Calibans DreamCalibans Dream Posts: 3,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's bad when someone representing Channel 4 doesn't know what they are talking about and doesn't seem to know the difference between FreeVIEW and FreeSAT.

Maybe you should email them again and tell them what the difference is and would they like to have another stab at answering a simpler question?