BT Sport, BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 - LCNs 57,58,59

Comments

• steven cardwellsteven cardwell Posts: 2,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1andrew1 wrote: »
    Today my YouView found two new channels - the afore-mentioned 57 "BT Sport" and 45 Film 4 +1. The latter says "no information available" on the EPG and there is a blank screen. I would speculate that this channel will be taking over the capacity.

Film 4 has moved today to the 3&4 multiplex, once film4+1 is up and running it will be using the slot that film 4 has previously been using.
  • MeMeMeIMeMeMeI Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Channels interested in ESPN America rights
    European sports broadcasters are looking to acquire rights from ESPN America.

The European version of ESPN America will cease broadcasting on Wednesday. In the UK BT Sport has acquired all the rights and will continue with a localised version of the channel, but for the rest of Europe the various sports rights are up for grabs.
    http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2013/07/29/channels-interested-in-espn-america-rights/
  • Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like how the off-air caption for the BT Sport on Ch. 57 says 'Watch BT Sport here from 6pm". They do know it was only for last night, right? :D
  • AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    MHEG caption on 57 now says

'BT Sport preview'
  • kasgkasg Posts: 4,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1andrew1 wrote: »
    I would speculate that this channel will be taking over the capacity.
    No, Film4+1 will be using the capacity previously used (and still used on a temporary basis) by Film4 before it moved to the D3/4 mulitplex yesterday.

Edit: sorry, duplicated information, forgot to check next page of new posts.
  • pfb5pfb5 Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Long story as to why I'm here but basically I know nothing about BTVision. My 90yo father-in-law has received a card & letter in the post today "Insert immediately to get BTSport1 & 2 on Channels 58 & 59". He's not Infinity & gets 41/42 over broadband, he's on Preseli transmitter South West Wales.

Nothing happens when the card is inserted. Nothing at all. Searched the EPG and found the channels on 507 & 508 - is the letter a misprint or can you kind chaps explain?

The thing is, he can slowly press two buttons for 41 & 42 which is all he has BTVision for, no way can he type in 5-0-8-select fast enough.
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pfb5 wrote: »
    Long story as to why I'm here but basically I know nothing about BTVision. My 90yo father-in-law has received a card & letter in the post today "Insert immediately to get BTSport1 & 2 on Channels 58 & 59". He's not Infinity & gets 41/42 over broadband, he's on Preseli transmitter South West Wales.

Nothing happens when the card is inserted. Nothing at all. Searched the EPG and found the channels on 507 & 508 - is the letter a misprint or can you kind chaps explain?

The thing is, he can slowly press two buttons for 41 & 42 which is all he has BTVision for, no way can he type in 5-0-8-select fast enough.

Press EPG scroll down to the channel you want to view press ok.

That the easy way for him to do it,
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,505
    Forum Member
    507 and 508 are the internet versions of these channels for use by Youview boxes (not BT Vision+ boxes).
  • Colin_LondonColin_London Posts: 12,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The card is for BT Sport on 58 & 59, not Sky Sports on 41 & 42.

If he can't get 58 & 59 then he needs to rescan the box. Remember that BT Sport is on a commercial mux, and some areas can't get it (despite the fact they can get the PSB signals). See Digital UK website for a prediction.

So if you are talking about SKY SPORTS (on this BT Sport thread) then I think 507 & 508 are supposed to be the IP versions of BT Sport 1 & 2, not Sky Sports.

I am surprised, living in the Preseli transmitter area, that he has any chance of getting any channels over copper, as the exchanges won't have been upgraded for multicast. Even if it has then you need a certain linespeed. If this is the cause of his black screen then he needs to speak with BT to check, and get his Sky Sports subscription cancelled / refunded.
  • peteroddanpeteroddan Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    507 and 508 are the internet versions of these channels for use by Youview boxes (not BT Vision+ boxes).

I have a BTVision+ box, ADSL (not infinity) broadband, and my BT Sport Channels are on 507 and 508.
    I've been told that this is because I get Sky Sports 1 + 2 delivered over broadband, and that the BTVision box is only capable of receiving "premium" channels from one source (i.e. over the air or over broadband).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AngusMast wrote: »
    MHEG caption on 57 now says

'BT Sport preview'

Seems as though the promotion channel now runs from 12pm-6pm.
  • kjhskj75kjhskj75 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems as though the promotion channel now runs from 12pm-6pm.

I would have thought it would run during the former hours of ESPN (11am-4am weekends, 2pm-4am weekdays)
  • BangersBangers Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So channel 57 is now a barker channel for BT Sport. Just like I predicted earlier in this thread! :D
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bangers wrote: »
    So channel 57 is now a barker channel for BT Sport. Just like I predicted earlier in this thread! :D

I said that too on the first page of this thread :cool:
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said that too on the first page of this thread :cool:

I also said it just not in any thread.:cry:
  • AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    According to the Ofcom DTT Licence page we are now going to have BT Sport Sample. And BT Sport Preview is still licenced

Curiouser and curiouser.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Preview channel on Ch. 57 is now a blank screen at just a few seconds after midnight.
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,418
    Forum Member
    The Preview channel on Ch. 57 is now a blank screen at just a few seconds after midnight.

...and Marketplace is on air (usually starts at 7am)
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They may lock it and put ESPN there as additional to BT Sport 1 and BT Sport 2 for BT Vision boxes.
  • GreeboGreebo Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BT Sport Preview has now been deleted from LCN57. No sign of anything new appearing.
  • BangersBangers Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As chrisy has mentioned above, Marketplace is now running 24/7 as a result of BT Sport Preview (and Gold/Home) ceasing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    As chrisy has mentioned above, Marketplace is now running 24/7 as a result of BT Sport Preview (and Gold/Home) ceasing.

Wonderful ! ....Another valuable freeview slot wasted for a 24/7 shopping channel selling things nobodys wants, and if they do, they can go online and get
  • kasgkasg Posts: 4,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonderful ! ....Another valuable freeview slot wasted for a 24/7 shopping channel selling things nobodys wants, and if they do, they can go online and get
    But these companies are not charities. Somebody must want and buy them, otherwise they would not be paying the carriage fees.
  • Mr SirsMr Sirs Posts: 4,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kasg wrote: »
    But these companies are not charities. Somebody must want and buy them, otherwise they would not be paying the carriage fees.

I can't be bothered with the shopping channels, and wish they were all grouped together further down the EPG. However there's no getting away from the fact they are very successful -QVC for example makes an absolute fortune and employs thousands of people in the UK. And contrary to what we might think a lot of the time big name brands are featured across a wide range of products, often at very competitive prices.

Most if not all of these channels have websites too, so they are driving customers to their online offering aswell.
  • Cymon HCymon H Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

With any luck something like the Travel Channel will take these hours in time & go 24 hours on freeview:)