Options

Work begins on BB House - Pic in heat

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 825
Forum Member
✭✭
Heat has an overhead shot of the BB house being gutted - complete with camouflage netting again. "Bosses" are saying this year will be "massive" and to complement it there will be "a whole new look". The house will be given a complete overhaul - with a brand new layout and bigger garden!

It is worth noting though "bosses" say pretty much the same thing every single year. So don't expect too much.

Comments

• Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 116,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If there's a bigger garden will the house be smaller, or can they expand the whole BB site further across the studio backlot?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBDodge wrote:
    If there's a bigger garden will the house be smaller, or can they expand the whole BB site further across the studio backlot?

Last year (and IIRC the year before?) a lot of the space wasn't used. If you saw aerial shots of the house last year, it looked like there were two gardens, as the camera run split the existing garden in two. This lead to speculation about there being 2 houses, etc., but it was just simply that they had made the overall size of the living area/garden smaller.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They don't need to expand to get a bigger garden. Just put the bedroom/living room and bathroom back in the house and hey presto...instant bigger garden. :rolleyes:

I also forgot to mention the annual secret garden claim also popped up in the article
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last year (and IIRC the year before?) a lot of the space wasn't used. If you saw aerial shots of the house last year, it looked like there were two gardens, as the camera run split the existing garden in two. This lead to speculation about there being 2 houses, etc., but it was just simply that they had made the overall size of the living area/garden smaller.
    The house could have more than one level though,thats also been a rumour of the past.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBLB wrote:
    The house could have more than one level though,thats also been a rumour of the past.

That's always been a rumour but i am not sure whether it is technically feasable in the BB Studio. I know that they used to have to have the high ceiling because of the studio type lights, etc. but IIRC i remember reading somewhere that they use a different type of camera now (digital?) which do not need the same kind of intense lighting, so maybe it would be feasbale now. Not sure. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's always been a rumour but i am not sure whether it is technically feasable in the BB Studio. I know that they used to have to have the high ceiling because of the studio type lights, etc. but IIRC i remember reading somewhere that they use a different type of camera now (digital?) which do not need the same kind of intense lighting, so maybe it would be feasbale now. Not sure. :confused:
    Im not sure either,I can see it happening at some point though..its even possible that a second smaller level is the secret second house..letting my imagination run away with me here but im pretty sure its possible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    can someone please upload the image. pand the article. pretty pretty please
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    PLEASE! upload an image, PLEASE! i will buy you a muffin
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could someone please upload an image. :)
  • Options
    SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I DEMAND someone uploads an image!!

I can't afford to buy Heat that's why. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't be certain since I refuse to even touch a copy of 'Hate' but I suspect the picture may be from 'google earth' or similar - i'm sure someone who has the necessary software can confirm ( I believe the software is free so those who are very keen to see the pics could get them themselves )
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They hype it like mad every year, they also spread ridiculous rumours about what might be happening in the show. Dont believe any of it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dangerman wrote:
    I can't be certain since I refuse to even touch a copy of 'Hate' but I suspect the picture may be from 'google earth' or similar - i'm sure someone who has the necessary software can confirm ( I believe the software is free so those who are very keen to see the pics could get them themselves )

I doubt it DM, those Google Earth photo's are old aren't they?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fight Fan wrote:
    I doubt it DM, those Google Earth photo's are old aren't they?

And 'Hate' is about as close to up to date journalism as the Daily Sport ;) maybe it's a photo of the original BB1 house ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've uploaded the pic here

Whilst scanning the pic I noticed the caption saying it was took on the 14th March
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cheers for the pic link.

So what's that dark area at the top end of the garden?
  • Options
    AchtungAchtung Posts: 10,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems like only five minutes ago I remember reading threads for the BB6 house starting to be developed with overhead shots, it's flown by!

Does this mean all the threads with people who know someone who's working as one of the builders will start soon? :D

I love all the rumours in the run-up to BB.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They always come up with a crap idea. I wonder what this one will be.

I'd make two bedrooms again. Having one room with no privacy (glass window) has added nothing. We get less backbiting, scheming and bitching as a result because everyone is fearful that they are being watched or listened to.
  • Options
    AchtungAchtung Posts: 10,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a feeling they're going to go for some sort of divide again. It's 3 years since BB3.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    AaronG wrote:
    I'd make two bedrooms again. Having one room with no privacy (glass window) has added nothing. We get less backbiting, scheming and bitching as a result because everyone is fearful that they are being watched or listened to.

Lol- Did you watch the same BB6 as the rest of us??
    That had more backbiting, scheming and bitching than any series so far!!
  • Options
    ManchesterLadManchesterLad Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carnt wait for it to start this year, the house gets better and better every year, and it seems to be getting madder and madder each year
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've uploaded the pic here

Whilst scanning the pic I noticed the caption saying it was took on the 14th March

Thanks! :)
  • Options
    ChrisFLover86ChrisFLover86 Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heat has an overhead shot of the BB house being gutted - complete with camouflage netting again. "Bosses" are saying this year will be "massive" and to complement it there will be "a whole new look". The house will be given a complete overhaul - with a brand new layout and bigger garden!

It is worth noting though "bosses" say pretty much the same thing every single year. So don't expect too much.

I am quite surprised they have only just started working on the house as I htought they would of started re decorating it ages ago. There cutting it a bit fine just stating now arent they :eek:. WIll they be finished in time for end of May time. As it starts on the 27th from what has been said in that article.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am quite surprised they have only just started working on the house as I htought they would of started re decorating it ages ago. There cutting it a bit fine just stating now arent they :eek:. WIll they be finished in time for end of May time. As it starts on the 27th from what has been said in that article.

Why? They aren't building an actual house. It's just a TV set designed to last x amount of weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think after 6 years they know how long it will take to get everything fixed.

It's not a Wembley Stadium situation.