Options

Peter Kay - another shameless cash in

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 825
Forum Member
✭✭
Despite the back-lash he received after releasing 2 DVD's of the same tour the money grabbing 1 trick pony is going even further. This Xmas he's releasing "Stand Up UKay" - a 'Best Of compilation of his stand up tours (that's right, all 2 of them). :rolleyes:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Peter-Kay-Stand-Up-Ukay/dp/B000UWXM6W?ie=UTF8&qid=1194272930&sr=1-2

I used to love Peter but he's become shameless. Instead of coming out with the same old schtick give us something new instead of sticking "Dipping Biscuits" on DVD for the third time!

Comments

• Options
    paul_hadleypaul_hadley Posts: 10,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree - Peter, bring out some new material.
  • Options
    Salvation_QuirkSalvation_Quirk Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree - Peter, bring out some new material.

I first saw Peter Kay in the early-mid 90s at the Frog and Bucket in Manchester.
    His 'act' hasn't changed one bit.
  • Options
    shaneyshaneyshaneyshaney Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is, nearly all his funny material is stories about his childhood and growing up. This is stuff you can only use once. Where will his new material come from ?
  • Options
    WoowookidWoowookid Posts: 7,367
    Forum Member
    The problem is, nearly all his funny material is stories about his childhood and growing up. This is stuff you can only use once. Where will his new material come from ?

He hasn't got any.

I bet most of the funny stuff in PN came from Dave Spikey anyway, and even he wants nowt to do with PK now.
  • Options
    shaneyshaneyshaneyshaney Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He should bring back PK. Max and Paddy was good but nowhere near as good as PK.
  • Options
    TrucibelleTrucibelle Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    Do you think he has that much 'say' in what gets released?
  • Options
    WoowookidWoowookid Posts: 7,367
    Forum Member
    He should bring back PK. Max and Paddy was good but nowhere near as good as PK.

His only mate is Paddy now and AFAIK he has nothing to do with any of the PN cast, so I don't think they'll make a return unless hell freezes over! ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does he have nothing to do with Dave Spikey and the PN cast? What's happened there?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gosh. Thanks for that link, it was all news to me! :eek:
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, Kay has stopped in his tracks since he lost Spikey
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,846
    Forum Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Yeah, Kay has stopped in his tracks since he lost Spikey

True.

Although I don't find Spikey at all funny on his own either.
  • Options
    Mrs CMrs C Posts: 1,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True.

Love Dave Spikey - think it's a shame PK so off the boil (and up his own backside at the same time if that's achievable! :D) I thought PN was the best thing on tv and still laugh when I watch the DVD..not so mad for Max and Paddy but since then have been bored by PK..:yawn:
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True.

Kinda agree

Spikey is a brilliant writer but he just doesn't have the presence to deliver the lines
  • Options
    MaxCherryMaxCherry Posts: 9,013
    Forum Member
    PK is pants in my eyes. Overhyped to the max. If I hear dipping biscuits or Garlic bread again I will scream.

I thought he was a bit of a moneygrabber, as I noticed he CHARGES people for his podcasts :rolleyes: