Options

X Factor timeslot

jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
Forum Member
Maybe I'm missing something here but why do ITV schedule X Factor for a Sat night when it has much more opposition and Strictly come dancing starting soon.
Would not a Sunday night with little opposition guarantee a higher rating?

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do the BBC schedule Strictly Come Dancing for a Saturday night when they could get even better ratings by putting it on a Sunday night? Its called being competitive in order to win ratings and advertising revenue for ITV.
  • Options
    CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamespondo wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something here but why do ITV schedule X Factor for a Sat night when it has much more opposition and Strictly come dancing starting soon.
    Because when Strictly Come Dancing is on ITV gets nearly 70% of the commercial tv market.
  • Options
    spoonboyspoonboy Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    centrino04 wrote: »
    Because when Strictly Come Dancing is on ITV gets nearly 70% of the commercial tv market.

So that makes ITV's advert slots more sought after, but at the expense of loosing some of their audience to BBC?
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    spoonboy wrote: »
    So that makes ITV's advert slots more sought after, but at the expense of loosing some of their audience to BBC?

Arguably an older audience, which the advertisers aren't as interested in.
  • Options
    rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    Besides there are no soaps on Saturday ITV whilst there are two and the 8oclock drama on Sunday which makes it harder to schedule something like the X factor
  • Options
    crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weren't the audition shows longer than an hour last year, something like 75 minutes? I'm sure they were.
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamespondo wrote: »

and what if the BBC then moved SCD to Sunday night at the same time ? Cat and mouse scheduling has been going on for years.