Britney Spears *Appreciation Thread*

Comments

• umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In regards to Britney and music videos i have to say she always guranteed great videos and quick enough became known for it, HOWEVER i just feel in recent times it has become more hit and miss... yes she has had great ones like 'Womanizer' and 'Circus' but then so damn right awful ones like 'Gimme More' and 'Break The Ice'.

In 2011 i want her to get her mojo back and give us three or four brilliant videos that are well thought out and actually complimthe song (unlike 'Radar').
  • Scoobyh1Scoobyh1 Posts: 2,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    umr3000 wrote: »
    In regards to Britney and music videos i have to say she always guranteed great videos and quick enough became known for it, HOWEVER i just feel in recent times it has become more hit and miss... yes she has had great ones like 'Womanizer' and 'Circus' but then so damn right awful ones like 'Gimme More' and 'Break The Ice'.

In 2011 i want her to get her mojo back and give us three or four brilliant videos that are well thought out and actually complimthe song (unlike 'Radar').

To be fair, she did make those videos during her breakdown so i suppose we can forgive her for that.

I still stand by my point and say Circus is my favourite video of hers. My favourite song of hers in Radar. Such a shame with the video, could have been so much more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hold It Against Me is a good title, it has something powerful about it....do you think it will be the final title though?

Also I too love that they say it's totally different to what is out there and popular right now! infectious and catchy hooks?? ME LIKEY!!!

I hope it has Britney more wit her raw voice, i don't mind synths and tuning for effects in songs but her natural voice is lovely :)

Jan 7th though??? may get leaked a few days earlier i hope! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it be great if Britney actually introduced her song before it's first play on radio... now that would be a treat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    umr3000 wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be great if Britney actually introduced her song before it's first play on radio... now that would be a treat.

HEY YOU THERE! it's Britney BITCHES! and here's my new song Hold It Against Me... :)

BAAAAM!!!!! history made :D

i love how the dancers have had so much positive enrgy and feedback about the song it's so teasing!!

GAWD i have Doctor Who teasers for Series 6, Britney teasers for her next song and album, Madonna teasers for what she's recording, Scream 4 news and speculation, Being Human series 3 coming, .....GAWD it's an exciting time to be me i must say :D

i hope it's a really dramatic beautiful video! it sounds like there are gonna be loads of dancers in it! EEEEEEEEK!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ooh i have read that the title of the song may not be what the speculation is and also heard it's Slave and Toxic give birth to Gimme More...Dope...Catchy....orgasmic!

AAAARGH!!!!!!!!
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    this song will be wicked, Guaranteed to get everyone up.

The only thing thats worrying me is the promotion side of the album .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    this song will be wicked, Guaranteed to get everyone up.

The only thing thats worrying me is the promotion side of the album .

Totally agree with you, as a fan that is my worry as well. I just hope somehow between Britney, Jive and her managment they come up with a strategy that allows her to perform and promote her new music worldwide.
    Forum Member
    Exactly, Dont forget though i think Jive Know with Circus she didnt really need to promote heavily cause there was hype as that was her big Comeback and people were curious about if she could still pull of a great album but now the comebacks over now as she is now back to her best so hopefully Jive have/or are going to book Britney in for shows as they should be in that stage of the album now organising events etc.

and aswel she will be competing with GaGa very closely next year and she is brits Biggest competition.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly, Dont forget though i think Jive Know with Circus she didnt really need to promote heavily cause there was hype as that was her big Comeback and people were curious about if she could still pull of a great album but now the comebacks over now as she is now back to her best so hopefully Jive have/or are going to book Britney in for shows as they should be in that stage of the album now organising events etc.

and aswel she will be competing with GaGa very closely next year and she is brits Biggest competition.

GaGa is probably Britneys only competition to be honest. She definitely needs to do promo this time around. I want her to promote in America to get the album number 1 again but i also want a lot of promo over here. I cant really think of any big shows that she could do though other than Brit awards and Britains Got Talent

So its about a week now until the new single. So cant wait
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    I just wanna hear the new song...now!

:D
    Forum Member
    I know, im listening to the Singles Collection Now :)

7th Jan looks like the date but it could be the 8th for us in the UK cause of the time difference might take the day of uni that day :p
    Forum Member
    ^ Yeah I've been listening to Britney too :D Lots of her music on my itunes.
  • Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    SteveCat wrote: »

There's no commercial like a Britney commercial.:D

Just look at the Pepsi work!:D
    Forum Member
    She has had some brilliant commercials ^ :)

I hope 2011 is her year! I want a killer album, promotion, performances, interviews and maybe a tour. I want her to be everywhere.
    Forum Member
    Next week we will Finally here the single i know we knew this already but im so pumped for New Britney Music :D
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty crap with money, so I'm going to put aside £25 for Britney's new album and Lady GaGa's.

:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NEXT WEEK. NEXT WEEK. NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!

oh my days i am totally prepped for the new era now! :) gonna listen to The Singles COllection on New Years morning to end the year on and the Madonna Immaculate Collection CD!!! :)

WOOO!!!! here's to next year everybody :) i am ready for all positives :D

and damn i cannot wait, EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

and Britney should make 2011 HER year! show everyone how it goes down!

also would love if they could do two singles prior to the album release. One next month of course and then one in late Feb/early March and the album possibly mid March and really get the hype growing and growing! :)
    Forum Member
    yeah maybe thats whats Jives Planning as it does work i mean look at Rihanna'a LOUD we had OGITW and Whats my Name.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah maybe thats whats Jives Planning as it does work i mean look at Rihanna'a LOUD we had OGITW and Whats my Name.

Yeah! i would love for Britney to promote as much as Rihanna has done with her LOUD album! promote the lead single then the album and then later with the follow up singles! and really space it out too! to make the sales for the album stronger too.

I mean Rihanna had LOUD out for over a month and then with her next single it sold over 300,000 in a week (i think 6 weeks after LOUD's release!!!)
    Forum Member
    Yeah! i would love for Britney to promote as much as Rihanna has done with her LOUD album! promote the lead single then the album and then later with the follow up singles! and really space it out too! to make the sales for the album stronger too.

I mean Rihanna had LOUD out for over a month and then with her next single it sold over 300,000 in a week (i think 6 weeks after LOUD's release!!!)

Just as long as the album does better commercially than LOUD, and not just the singles dominating.:yawn::sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as long as the album does better commercially than LOUD, and not just the singles dominating.:yawn::sleep:

Is this meant to mean the UK sales for LOUD? I think it's done phenomenally well in the UK, it'll definately sell a million.

It's a fair point if you mean the performance of it on Billboard 200 though lol
    Forum Member
    AdzBrown wrote: »
    Is this meant to mean the UK sales for LOUD? I think it's done phenomenally well in the UK, it'll definately sell a million.

It's a fair point if you mean the performance of it on Billboard 200 though lol

I always do base my thoughts on the US, as it is the biggest music market.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always do base my thoughts on the US, as it is the biggest music market.:)

Didn't the UK Top 10 sell more than the US Top 10 last week?
This discussion has been closed.