HO: JP/Finn spoilers

13»

Comments

• Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    I think Robbie pointed Finn at JP but Finn did what he did because he is deeply disturbed. If it wasn't JP it would be someone else. You can see now its all about how much Finn enjoys hurting people.

Robbie is a horrible person, but even most horrible people aren't like Finn. It would be wrong to think that what Finn did is the natural consequence of bullying. Also helping JP wouldn't necessarily mean Robbie is redeemed just not a sociopath.

I agree with this - it's hopeful that the actor said Robbie feels guilty when he finds out Finn raped JP and that he feels responsible for turning Finn into a monster, though like you said Finn is a deeply disturbed individual who would have harmed anyone if given the chance.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say as a character Robbie is quite fascinating as every week I change my mind about him as to whether he is actually plain and simply an evil shit or if deep down he is a good person who just wants to be loved and help others. Yes he has done some horrfic things, drug dealing,pretending to be abused and obviously his bullying of John Paul and Finn, but like its been mentioned as soon as Robbie found out that Finn had used violence (after Finn said he hit JP over the head) then Robbie backed down and said Finn was in the wrong, also despite his past of dealing drugs he called Finn stupid for taking the drugs himself at New Year. Then he blackmailed Sinead into sleeping with him, a horrible thing to do but then after seeing how upset she was he backed down again as he could see she didn't want it which made me think he wasn't totally nasty and had a conscience of some sort...but then of course a few weeks later when Sinead gives him the come on he betrays his older brother by sleeping with her. Then there is Jason,he realised his twin liked Holly and set it up for them to get together.
    Without doubt Robbie is one of the most interesting characters on the show at the moment.
  • Options
    lexstarlexstar Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Freddie Roscoe in a main SL- get out!
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    lexstar wrote: »

I guess at least in this case, his character seems to be doing the right thing. Hopefully, someone tells him not to bug out his eyes or breathe loudly through his teeth, although that hasn't seemed to happen yet.
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexstar wrote: »

Adleast somone in that familys actually doing somthing about it at long last.
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Berkwood could be dragging it out for months because he's desperate for his mate James to get Best Actor at the soap awards in May. :D