Options

Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love it if its for new material. I can't think what else she could perform. Unless she was to do a medley. Its been ages since Madonna was performing on British tv. X Factor would be the perfect return.
  • Options
    babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Daily Mail is reporting today that Simon Cowell has persuaded her to perform at this year's X Factor final on December 13th. Would be great as promotion for a comeback but I hope she doesn't!

This has been speculated so many times before, but I just can't see it happening. As far as I'm aware, she's avoided all of these 'talent' shows so far (I think she thinks they're beneath her!) so why would she do it now? But it would be good to see her performing on British TV again. When was the last time? Promoting COADF?
  • Options
    Terry HesticlesTerry Hesticles Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Yeah I think X Factor is the wrong choice but sometimes she does surprising things, remember when she was on that divorce/marriage game show type-thing?!
  • Options
    babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I think X Factor is the wrong choice but sometimes she does surprising things, remember when she was on that divorce/marriage game show type-thing?!

I have the vaguest memory of that, was that in the US? I can't remember why she was there though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From reading the article it sounds pretty legit. You can never trust Cowell though. He sends fake stories to the press like its a sport.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    babelogue wrote: »
    I have the vaguest memory of that, was that in the US? I can't remember why she was there though!

Neither can I! I think it was around the time of the divorce from Guy?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    From reading the article it sounds pretty legit. You can never trust Cowell though. He sends fake stories to the press like its a sport.

Agree with both!
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like X Factor too much, but there are a limited number of shows available to promote new music now. It's always great to see her perform.
    She has spoken out against these type of talent shows, but she was also on a talent show hosted by Missy Elliott in the US where she was on briefly to give advice to the contestants so I guess she's not totally against them.
    But it seems too early to promote the new single/album. I though the album wasn't coming out until the spring of 2015, but maybe a single is coming the end of this year?
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely many of Madonna's fans would be watching Strictly? A far better platform for talent like Madonna than XF.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ignoring the rumours....FACT - SSION is directing the next video...tomorrow/Friday in Kansas City...earleir this week he posted on Instagram women in their late 30/40s/50s to be apart of the video...with a picture of Desperate Housewives cast.

I for one cannot wait! So i reckon this may indeed be a surprise winter release...late October filmed video....:-D and plus album art is usually done around the time of the first video so it makes sense.

As for X Factor...she denied any access to it when it was popular! So why would she now? Besides I think actually she should wait a bit just let the first single do it by itself....maybe radio interview but I for one just cannot wait for new visuals and sounds.

Speaking of which I did wish Disclosure worked with M...their new song with Mary J Blige is beautiful! I reckon they may do remixes for her however.

But Diplo/Blood Diamonds/Ariel Rechtshaid/Dj Dahi/Avicii/Martin Kaizenbaum/ should be a eclect mix...and I think that Madonna with Diplo will be the main producer or maybe with all these guys Madonna herself will be the main album producer (which I would say is about time! she has executive produced every album since True Blue anyway!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    So according to radio 1 midweek album chart update for this week, True Blue is at 22!!!!! :o:o

What's that all about??
  • Options
    tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    So according to radio 1 midweek album chart update for this week, True Blue is at 22!!!!! :o:o

What's that all about??

So it is... I have no idea whatsoever though.
    Perhaps people have realised what a great album it is! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What??? wait!!! the video is actually being filmed?

We could be looking at a December release then! :eek: didn't see this coming at all.
  • Options
    Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member

What's that all about??

Apparently it's 99p on goggle play.

A very good buy if you don't have one of her great albums. Anyone out there that does not have a copy get it you will not be disappointed.
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    i am so going through an odd phase right now .... madonna true blue era and previous (before my madonna consciousness), bedtime stories and unreleased new discoveries?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is great seeing True Blue re-enter the UK top 40 :-) hope that gets a mention on Radio 1 as they do a countdown they sometimes mention surprise entries as well as the top 5 releases :-)

It is signature and of course a classic album :-)

a great year for re-entries with Kate Bush now Madonna....nice treat!

And yes video shoots, album artwork shoots are all going on across the next few weeks by what i have seen teased so yeah it makes sense if the album is to be ready for spring next year :-) she has been seen doing exercises too in prep i would presume for the video :-) cannot wait to see and hear :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    True Blue landed at 21 in the album chart.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    W.E is on British TV tonight. Sky viewers can watch it on the Sony channel 157. I'm currently watching as I've yet to see it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    W.E is on British TV tonight. Sky viewers can watch it on the Sony channel 157. I'm currently watching as I've yet to see it

It got a lot of criticism, but it's really not that bad. I enjoyed it. Actually, the two movies she directed are much better than the ones she acted in. I know it's an unpopular opinion but I really hope she keeps directing.
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Cloudy2 wrote: »
    True Blue landed at 21 in the album chart.

That's brilliant!

Fancy that, after all this time!
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    slightly off topic, but a true story. a guy commented on leaving the establishment that i work in and had a general rant about 90% of that the product we deliver is crap. then he progressed onto the entertainment industry in general and eventually said that "madonna has been around 30 years and has never made a decent record". the two members of staff assumed i was going to hit the roof, but i just couldn't be bothered to respond to such inaccurate nonsense and i have to think of my professional position.:blush:

one of the girls said that she was a very rich lady, but me and the other member of staff just repeatedly answered all of his statements with "its all down to personal taste". he left shortly after he conceded that we had no interest in his opinion whatsoever, because in the end all three of us just said the same line over and over.:D people like that really do annoy me though, opinion is one thing, but he was talking as if everything everything he was saying was fact.:confused: sorry, but i just had to share my experience.:blush:

good to see a classic madge album back in the charts. "true blue" is my favourite out of her first three albums.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was listening to absolute 80's yesterday, they finished playing Like A Prayer and the DJ said "stay tuned for big Madonna news with us in a few weeks".

Possible promo concert that they have some tickets for?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did everyone see the pictures of her at the Keep A Child alive charity benefit in NYC? She looks amazing as always. She has shorter hair.

http://allaboutmadonna.com/2014/10/pictures-madonna-at-the-keep-a-child-alive-gala.php
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    slightly off topic, but a true story. a guy commented on leaving the establishment that i work in and had a general rant about 90% of that the product we deliver is crap. then he progressed onto the entertainment industry in general and eventually said that "madonna has been around 30 years and has never made a decent record". the two members of staff assumed i was going to hit the roof, but i just couldn't be bothered to respond to such inaccurate nonsense and i have to think of my professional position.:blush:

one of the girls said that she was a very rich lady, but me and the other member of staff just repeatedly answered all of his statements with "its all down to personal taste". he left shortly after he conceded that we had no interest in his opinion whatsoever, because in the end all three of us just said the same line over and over.:D people like that really do annoy me though, opinion is one thing, but he was talking as if everything everything he was saying was fact.:confused: sorry, but i just had to share my experience.:blush:

good to see a classic madge album back in the charts. "true blue" is my favourite out of her first three albums.:)

The "make a good record" test can be decided quite easily. There are a handful of artists whose songs, when played on the radio, are sung along to by the listener. This generally applies to ABBA, The Carpenters and Madonna. When songs have memorable melodies and are easy to sing, then you can rightly say it's a good record. You don't even need to like the artist to hum the song, it's just there in your mindset. Your client was talking absolutely boll.ocks.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    The "make a good record" test can be decided quite easily. There are a handful of artists whose songs, when played on the radio, are sung along to by the listener. This generally applies to ABBA, The Carpenters and Madonna. When songs have memorable melodies and are easy to sing, then you can rightly say it's a good record. You don't even need to like the artist to hum the song, it's just there in your mindset. Your client was talking absolutely boll.ocks.

well that was pretty much what everyone thought at the time anyway and two of us shot him down at every opportunity with the same sentence. the "debate" was boring, inaccurate and i feel he sensed that we basically wasn't interested in the mostly one sided conversation.;-)

he lauded the beatles to the hilt and to be fair, i would add them to your list, but three words would have ended that ridiculous statement he made and those three words are "like a prayer". the list of great songs that spring to mind when anyone thinks about madonna is endless, but even her harshest critics cannot deny that is a great song. love or loathe her, she has lasted this long largely because her music is generally of high quality.

funnily enough, i discussed this again tonight in work, because one of the girls that was there that night brought it up again. she still couldn't understand my sheer indifference at the time, but i have no time for people that have an overinflated opinion on their own views and i guess after following her career for over 30 years, i have become immune to negativity towards her.:D

i am positive he left feeling that nobody i give a sh*t for what he had to say, because two of us refused to be drawn into the conversation and the other member of staff just simply pointed out that she completely disagreed with most of what he had to say.:cool: