Options

The baby boom thread!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    done so much shopping already (14 weeks) cot, pram,play mat, bouncey chair etc, change wait to find out the sex so i can go clothes shopping!!
  • Options
    spimfspimf Posts: 6,342
    Forum Member
    Hey all, been reading this thread for a couple of weeks, finally decided to join in :D

I think it's great that there are both sides to this thread, both expectant mums, and those who are trying. I wish all those who are struggling to conceive the best of luck :)

I do have a quick question... anyone got lots of stretch marks from very early on? I have none on my tummy (because it hasn't grown really) but loads popping up on my chest, hips and thighs!
  • Options
    Shadow27Shadow27 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news of sorts from me. I have my fourth scan for monitoring today and my little folicles are getting there slowly but for an oldie like me, I have 18 which is pretty good I'm told.

Another scan on Wednesday but hopefully egg collection on Friday. In the meantime I have to continue my 3 injections each night and honestly they hurt soooooooo much.
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow27 wrote: »
    Good news of sorts from me. I have my fourth scan for monitoring today and my little folicles are getting there slowly but for an oldie like me, I have 18 which is pretty good I'm told.

Another scan on Wednesday but hopefully egg collection on Friday. In the meantime I have to continue my 3 injections each night and honestly they hurt soooooooo much.
    Shadow, my fingers are so tightly crossed for you my hands are hurting. I am praying you get the child you long for - but promise you won't be back in 15 years moaning about your terrible teenager;)
  • Options
    miss-kittymiss-kitty Posts: 1,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow, I too am keeping everything crossed for you! You would clearly love a child like it deserves to be loved and i find it heartbreaking that it is such a struggle for you (and others in your position) to concieve

I wish you all the best! x
  • Options
    Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've not contributed to this thread so far as I'm neither pregnant nor trying (although am broody so have read it!), but I too have my fingers crossed for you Shadow :)
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck Shadow - if anyone deserves some luck its you xx
  • Options
    Shadow27Shadow27 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh gosh that's so lovely and unexpected, well not really as you've all been so kind to me. I just hope that I'm not putting any happy pregnant mums off posting because really please don't. I suspect I'm probably coping a bit too well and I am sure that I'm going to have a major wobble soon but I'm hanging on in there so far and your kind words help.

:Dalfiewozere - You have the right to remind me if I do!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh Shadow, I am thinking of you. Hope everything goes on your favour.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Oh gosh that's so lovely and unexpected, well not really as you've all been so kind to me. I just hope that I'm not putting any happy pregnant mums off posting because really please don't. I suspect I'm probably coping a bit too well and I am sure that I'm going to have a major wobble soon but I'm hanging on in there so far and your kind words help.

I dont think you will put anyone off posting, they may not reply directly to you as it is hard to know what to say having never been in your situation.

This pregnancy is unplanned and been hard to get my head round and i feel totally different about it to when i was pregnant with my son, whether it's the circumstances or just that this pregnancy is not as pleasant as my sons was i dont know.

I personally never wanted kids never thought about them until one day am 29 and boom i want a baby, for me it happened quickly, the labour and everything subsequent has been a tad horrendous but my son is my world and everything i never knew i wanted. I cannot imagine my world without him and feel sad for the people who have always wanted a child and are having difficulties conceiving one.

My mum many years ago had two miscarriages and ectopic and then tried ivf i do not know the number of times, but her partner didn't have children and she very much wanted to have one with him. In the end their relationship dissolved due to the pressure and a kind of lack of communication and support she needed after suffering such losses. Like she says she is blessed as she already had two children but has also seen it from the flip side of the situation and just feels people are so lucky to be able to have a healthy baby.

I wish it was easier for you Shadow and i hope it happens for you and can in no way know how you are feeling x
  • Options
    nickyislady_tnickyislady_t Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow, my fingers are so tightly crossed for you my hands are hurting. I am praying you get the child you long for - but promise you won't be back in 15 years moaning about your terrible teenager;)

Fingers and toes crossed for you Shadow :):):):)

Can I ask, is anyone else here who is in early stages of pregnancy always feeling cold?? I've read that your body temp is supposed to go up but I'm always freezing!! Have a Drs appointment on Thursday but I thought I'd see if anyone else is going through this till then.
  • Options
    spangledanglespangledangle Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fingers and toes crossed for you Shadow :):):):)

Can I ask, is anyone else here who is in early stages of pregnancy always feeling cold?? I've read that your body temp is supposed to go up but I'm always freezing!! Have a Drs appointment on Thursday but I thought I'd see if anyone else is going through this till then.

I certainly didn't feel warm in my first pregnancy having fallen pregnant in June and wondered what people were on about, but this time having fallen pregnant in December I've definiteyl been hotter in bed (although I now have a memeory foam topper on my mattress which is a godsend but may contribute to the heat).
    Certainly nothing to worry about. I've had quite different feelings with this pregnancy compared to my first which is why I was so convinced it was going to be a boy having previously had a girl.
    I'm 37 weeks tomorrow so getting into count down mode :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I certainly didn't feel warm in my first pregnancy having fallen pregnant in June and wondered what people were on about, but this time having fallen pregnant in December I've definiteyl been hotter in bed (although I now have a memeory foam topper on my mattress which is a godsend but may contribute to the heat).
    Certainly nothing to worry about. I've had quite different feelings with this pregnancy compared to my first which is why I was so convinced it was going to be a boy having previously had a girl.
    I'm 37 weeks tomorrow so getting into count down mode :eek:

Thanks spangledangle. Good luck with everything, I bet your so excited :)

I'm sure it is normal and I really need to stop reading all the different websites because some are quite contradicting.
    I think once I tell my friends about the pregnancy it'll be easier to ask people questions but I def want to leave it till my first scan though.
    I told my mum, dad, sister and aunt this weekend and thanks god they were all so happy for us which was a huge weight off my mind :)
  • Options
    miss-kittymiss-kitty Posts: 1,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have to admit, I did feel a little bad the other night when you mentioned my morning sickness thread etc, but you havn't put me off posting as I figure if it is too much for you, you'd just not read ( I really don't mean that to be as rude as it sounds by the way)
    I am so excited by my pregnancy, and here is really the only place I can talk about it as we are not telling people yet. But I do feel bad that it has happened so easily for me again and it is not so easy for you.
    I really do hope that the IVF works out for you, I genuinely mean that. I can never imagine what you are going through, but I am thinking of you, and wish you all the best. x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi all. How are we all feeling?

I'm soooooooo tired all the time :( can anyone advise if this passes after a while, Or is this it for the whole 9 months? I'm literally walking around like a zombie even though I'm getting about 9-10 hours sleep a night.

Also to top it off I'm getting a cold, I dong want to take any medication so does anyone have any good tips on what I could do instead?

(I'm sure this is supposed to be an enjoyable experience lol)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi all. How are we all feeling?

I'm soooooooo tired all the time :( can anyone advise if this passes after a while, Or is this it for the whole 9 months? I'm literally walking around like a zombie even though I'm getting about 9-10 hours sleep a night.

Also to top it off I'm getting a cold, I dong want to take any medication so does anyone have any good tips on what I could do instead?

(I'm sure this is supposed to be an enjoyable experience lol)

The first three months wipe you out. The second three months are blinking fantastic! I'm in my second trimester and I feel great. The final three are tiring because you are bigger and slower and more achy. As for the cold, take paracetamol, lemon and honey and Vicks or Olbas for a stuffy nose. Try to rest as much as you can.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first three months wipe you out. The second three months are blinking fantastic! I'm in my second trimester and I feel great. The final three are tiring because you are bigger and slower and more achy. As for the cold, take paracetamol, lemon and honey and Vicks or Olbas for a stuffy nose. Try to rest as much as you can.

Not to put a downer on it but I hated the second trimester - swollen ankles and heartburn started really bad along with carpal tunnel syndrome - on the plus side my headaches disappeared around week 16 :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks so much for your reply. So I have another 6 weeks of the tiredness then :(
    I'll def try Vicks but Olbas oil gives me a headache. Didn't realise you could take paracetomol either so I may take one to start off with.

I'm seeing the dr tomorrow but my first midwife appointment isn't until sep 14th. They said she only sees people after they are in their 10th week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone!

Happy to see this new thread, I was a regular on the old 'the pregnancy thread' and 'the baby thread' *waves to whydoiwatch, mrs_buckley and spangledangle*, my little boy is now nearly two and the previous threads were invaluable for me, so I'm glad this one has been started as we all need a little advice and support at times.

Congratulations to everyone who is pregnant, it's such an exciting and emotional time and huge good luck wishes to those who are trying and going through stressful/heart wrenching and extremely emotional times, got my fingers and toes crossed for you all.

I'm having a few issues with playgroup at the moment, I will see how it goes next week...but I have a feeling I may be back here with a few questions and needing advice! :D

Take care for now all :)

EDIT : *little wave to Charlie Coo...think I remember you from the previous threads too!*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Angel star - I remember you too - glad to hear you're doing well - my little girl is 19 months now, how the heck did that happen eh!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Angel star - I remember you too - glad to hear you're doing well - my little girl is 19 months now, how the heck did that happen eh!!!

Glad all is well with you too, I don't know where the time goes! I look at my little one now...running around, eating everything himself, chattering like crazy and learning new things everyday, he makes my heart melt with his smiles...... I can't quite believe how quick he has changed from the once tiny bundle I brought home from the hospital...or infact the tiny little dot on the first ever scan...he's like a full blown child/toddler now...crazy times! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member

I am in my 15th week now and my tiredness is still just as bad, tired now and it only 12.20! Wish i could come out of this, has anyone else experienced this past their 12th week ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AngelStar wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

Happy to see this new thread, I was a regular on the old 'the pregnancy thread' and 'the baby thread' *waves to whydoiwatch, mrs_buckley and spangledangle*, my little boy is now nearly two and the previous threads were invaluable for me, so I'm glad this one has been started as we all need a little advice and support at times.

Congratulations to everyone who is pregnant, it's such an exciting and emotional time and huge good luck wishes to those who are trying and going through stressful/heart wrenching and extremely emotional times, got my fingers and toes crossed for you all.

I'm having a few issues with playgroup at the moment, I will see how it goes next week...but I have a feeling I may be back here with a few questions and needing advice! :D

Take care for now all :)

EDIT : *little wave to Charlie Coo...think I remember you from the previous threads too!*

Hi Angel! It's amazing how time flies and they become real little people with personalities and quirks of their own.
    So sorry to hear about people's rubbish second trimesters!
  • Options
    spangledanglespangledangle Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey Anglestar - good to see you. Any plans for number 2? Are you still in Oz?

First trimester tiredness is crazy but it does pass. I got off pretty lightly in 2nd trimester although look out for pelvic pain around 20 weeks and if you do get any rest up immediately as it will only get worse if you try and push through it.

Charlie I thought I was getting away without the heartburn this time round but it's hit with avengence over the last week :cry:

I decided I needed to get 'in the right frame of mind' for impending birth yesterday so watched an episode of One Born Every ,minute. What was I thinking :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha spangle - that made me laugh re the One born every minute - what were you thinking indeed!! :D
This discussion has been closed.