Options

Vienetta

Comments

• Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh my, Mateus Rose, that takes me back.:D

There was this man who was rather fond of me but I wasn't interested. But I agreed to go out for a meal if my two friends could come.
    We got very drunk on Mateus Rose, too drunk to go home to either my friends or my house.

We ended up sleeping in the barn at the stables where we kept our ponies.
    15 eh, shocking.:eek:

Shine bottles of Mateus Rose with candles in :p on restaurant tables............well the local curry house :D
  • Options
    bandersist2008bandersist2008 Posts: 894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nowadays I eat probiotic yoghurt and drink nice sauvignon blanc.... I am certain that you are all my long lost school friends.. those were the days...:)
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So long as you didnt smoke players number 10 and set the barn on fire I guess you would be safe enough :D:D:D

Dear, dear, how quickly they forget.

It was players number 6, but we had already moved onto something more classy, Embassy................. YAY.:D

No the worst thing was getting woken up by the owner and having to explain.
    That and using the horse brushes to brush our hair which was full of hay.:o
  • Options
    BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nowadays I eat probiotic yoghurt and drink nice sauvignon blanc.... I am certain that you are all my long lost school friends.. those were the days...:)

I prefer antibiotic yogurt, keeps me healthier.
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

*eats candles*

;:o Oh heck
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is soooooo "middle class" don't you think?

If you think it is middle class you must be Wayne and Waynetta Slob:eek:
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I'm no expert. But I'm pretty sure anything that KFC used to give away with a bucket of ****ing chicken isn't middle class.

Ahh this made me laugh :D
  • Options
    misha06misha06 Posts: 3,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PC went weird - ignore this
  • Options
    misha06misha06 Posts: 3,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was a kid when it came to birthdays we had a Vienetta for pudding. It was a bit of a tradition

Last year my birthday fell on a Friday, and the OH and myself went to see my parents for the weekend (my 41st)

It was the first time in about 15 years I have been with my parents on my birthday.

After fish and chips :p mum produced a Vienetta from the freezer.

It was a very 'knowing' gesture and when mum was cutting it up we all had the giggles. Except for the OH who had to have the significance explained. (along with the 'dodgy pea' thing - but that is a whole other story)

Vienetta's rock
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    U96 wrote: »
    :) This means nothing to me.....

You got there before me. :D
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    flower 2 wrote: »
    Waste of calories in my opinion, give me a spotted dick any day!

Be careful what you wish for.:o

Vienetta is top class icecream:)
  • Options
    alsmamaalsmama Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    My mum seemed to think it was, dunno exactly how it was made but think it was rice and milk baked in the oven.....it would end up with a sort of burnt layer in top:eek::cry:

Suffice to say, my mum wasn't a good cook.:D

That'll be rice pudding then! And the burnt layer on top is pure delight!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alsmama wrote: »
    That'll be rice pudding then! And the burnt layer on top is pure delight!
    Yesterday I discovered that rice makes quality cat litter.
  • Options
    LnMidnaLnMidna Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the biscuit one they did.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't eat any kind of icecream that masquerades as a cake.
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm - wasn't it about 1979 when it was released? Which, if I remember, was also when some of the cheapest shite around was bottled and flogged to us. Black Tower and Blue Nun being sold as aspirational.

Also wasn't cheap Chianti and Valpolicella the usual reds that were promoted at the time?
  • Options
    Laura PLaura P Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Vienetta, but only the original flavour.

How can an ice cream be "middle class"...?
  • Options
    MaybelleMaybelle Posts: 2,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vieneta and Ferrero Rocher both have ideas above their station :)
  • Options
    Dangerous.DaveDangerous.Dave Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something I HAD to get out my system when I first started earning money in my first job at 16 was to buy a vienetta and eat the whole damn thing myself.

Quickly followed by a few boxes of jaffa cakes.

Vienettas are often just a pound nowadays. I tried the berry one recently but wasn't too impressed.

IMO the indifference in which this generation treats vienettas is a sign that living standards have rocketed through the roof.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alcockell wrote: »
    Hmm - wasn't it about 1979 when it was released? Which, if I remember, was also when some of the cheapest shite around was bottled and flogged to us. Black Tower and Blue Nun being sold as aspirational.

Also wasn't cheap Chianti and Valpolicella the usual reds that were promoted at the time?

I bought some Black Tower just recently for my daughter and her friends for a party. They're all young, they don't know anything much about wine so I thought I'd get them something that was a bit lighter.
    They really enjoyed it.

The old bottles were a much nicer design though, I worked in a pub circa 1981/82 and we sold it by the by bucketload.

Wasn't it the scandal about antifreeze being added to the wine making process that killed off the liebfraumilch/german white wine market?
  • Options
    ThisSheepMoobsThisSheepMoobs Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the mint one. Nan had it. She bought it for the freeze factory.
  • Options
    yappyyappy Posts: 6,310
    Forum Member
    Food & Drink
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yappy wrote: »
    Food & Drink

Kindergarten.
  • Options
    yappyyappy Posts: 6,310
    Forum Member
    Kindergarten.

Loony bin
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vienetta and Ferrero Rocher are both lush. :D Not the mint Vienetta though, that's nasty. We used to have it after Sunday Lunch back in the day and thought we were super swanky. :D

On the subject of retro ice cream, I've spent ages recently trying to find that chocolate sauce that you put on ice cream and its sets hard and then you can crack it. It used to come in loads of flavours and was fabulous. Imagine my excitement when I found some in Tesco's the other day, although I don't think it's the original brand. I think it was called Ice Magic?