Options

The Bad Crimes Inn - General gossip thread (2)

Comments

• Options
    steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not really sure why but I'm not feeling the Christmas vibe atm. Usually I'm really excited by now. Is it just me?
  • Options
    sbrum1984sbrum1984 Posts: 6,466
    Forum Member
    I'm not really sure why but I'm not feeling the Christmas vibe atm. Usually I'm really excited by now. Is it just me?

I'm not massively excited just yet - maybe I've been too organised this year, maybe it's because I've got things on my mind, maybe because the weather is a bit too mild for my liking - mostly it's because it doesn't feel as close as it actually is. It doesn't feel like the 23rd.

Ask me again tomorrow though!
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Initially I felt the same way but now that I've sorted out all the technical stuff for my flat (forms and paperwork etc) I'm feeling much more festive.

It's the atmosphere of Christmas that excites me, not the presents. :)
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a bit of an unexpected Christmas yesterday, with my side of the family all descending on me at once and it was really really nice :)

So that's helped a lot - and I'm beginning to feel a bit better too, I still have diabetic christmas pud to make, and it's when my kitchen starts smelling festive that I really get into it!

Ooh, and I never wrap LA's prezzie's until Christmas Eve night either, so that's when I get really excited....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BBAnne wrote: »
    I had a bit of an unexpected Christmas yesterday, with my side of the family all descending on me at once and it was really really nice :)

So that's helped a lot - and I'm beginning to feel a bit better too, I still have diabetic christmas pud to make, and it's when my kitchen starts smelling festive that I really get into it!

Ooh, and I never wrap LA's prezzie's until Christmas Eve night either, so that's when I get really excited....

I've saved a few presents to wrap on Christmas Eve too. I've got some (German, I think) wine to get tiddly on and I'll put either Christmas TOTP2 or the Gavin & Stacey Christmas episode on while I do them.

I'm cooking tomorrow night - nothing festive though, just a bit of chicken!
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

My parents are both loaded with the cold so I'm not really looking forward to going over tomorrow.

We've had the argument of whose we're going to and I won but I'm regretting it now. Kind of wish it was just the 4 of us here
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sbrum1984 wrote: »
    I've saved a few presents to wrap on Christmas Eve too. I've got some (German, I think) wine to get tiddly on and I'll put either Christmas TOTP2 or the Gavin & Stacey Christmas episode on while I do them.

I'm cooking tomorrow night - nothing festive though, just a bit of chicken!

I've already figured out that I'm working next Christmas, so I really want to make the most of this one :)

LA got Monopoly off the Grands yesterday, and he's been playing it constantly ever since - doesn't seem to mind if anyone's playing with him either! I'm trying not to let my competitive instinct kick in too much when it's my turn though :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've already figured out that I'm working next Christmas, so I really want to make the most of this one :)

LA got Monopoly off the Grands yesterday, and he's been playing it constantly ever since - doesn't seem to mind if anyone's playing with him either! I'm trying not to let my competitive instinct kick in too much when it's my turn though :o

I used to love Monopoly - I do believe I played it alone a few times too! When playing as a family there was serious sibling rivalry about who got to be the dog.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to love Monopoly - I do believe I played it alone a few times too! When playing as a family there was serious sibling rivalry about who got to be the dog.

I always wanted to be the boot!!

I was always more of a fan of cluedo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm a big fan of the top hat - a look which I feel has been cemented since this today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDPT7LK3TDQ
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I always wanted to be the boot!!

I was always more of a fan of cluedo

Oh, I loved Cluedo too. I was quite taken with Miss Scarlett. I used to think the live action tv version was great too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I loved Cluedo too. I was quite taken with Miss Scarlett. I used to think the live action tv version was great too!

We never had Cluedo when I was a kid, used to play it round my friends house - although I do remember having an almighty strop when I didn't get the right answer #precociouskid
  • Options
    benana93benana93 Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'The Simpsons' Cluedo was brilliant.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have changed Cluedo now and its no longer a murder but some ones stolen something and they have a accompanying DVD , its not the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone remember that scary game Atmosphere, which came with a video?
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Does anyone remember that scary game Atmosphere, which came with a video?

Yes!

I always found the rules too complicated and gave up.

I still long for the day 13 Dead End Drive gets a re-release (fab boardgame- like a really camp Cluedo. Look it up, retro fans!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!

I still long for the day 13 Dead End Drive gets a re-release (fab boardgame- like a really camp Cluedo. Look it up, retro fans!)

I used to have that, it was a good game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote: »
    I used to have that, it was a good game.

I've tried so hard to find it again but it's not even on Play/ Amazon.
  • Options
    kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    Yes!

I had that!

We had some serious Cluedo dramas as kids. I witnessed a brilliant family argument one time over someone hiding one of the cards :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried so hard to find it again but it's not even on Play/ Amazon.

there quite a few on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=13+Dead+End+Drive+&_sacat=0&_from=R40
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kvn wrote: »
    I had that!

We had some serious Cluedo dramas as kids. I witnessed a brilliant family argument one time over someone hiding one of the cards :D

We always play Scattegories at Christmas and we always fall out over some of the answers. Not that we take it seriously or anything
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh, I forgot something else we always do on Christmas Eve

http://www.noradsanta.org/

And we end the day with me reading The Grinch Who Stole Christmas to LA in bed .... best times!
  • Options
    Forum Member

And we end the day with me reading The Grinch Who Stole Christmas to LA in bed .... best times!

I love that site!

It always makes me sad the closer he gets to us though- reminds me the build-up to Christmas is nearly over!
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Isn't LA a bit too old for bedtime stories? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member

I just saw a tweet about that although I've never been to that site before. Exciting!

Never read The Grinch either.
    I love that site!

It always makes me sad the closer he gets to us though- reminds me the build-up to Christmas is nearly over!

The build up is definitely the best part. Like so many things in life!