Options

Sallie me me me...

loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
Forum Member
Bloody hell, she's self-obsessed. :eek:

First with the repetitions of 'I'm a real tomboy, me', 'I'm all about t*ts, tats and beanie hats', 'I'm sooo down-to-earth'...

Then 'I'm a nice person', 'I'm a decent person' etc...

And now she's up for eviction she's stepped it up a gear. Not since Andrew Stone has someone taken nominations/evictions so badly and obsessively.

Three people were 'nominated' by Michael and yet she took it so personally like she was the only one.
And acting like she and Michael were such great friends... Since when? Oh yeah, since she found out he was the only one nominating*: 'I really like him'.

Did it not cross her mind that he might get on with other people more than he did her?

I know Dexter took it badly too but even he didn't go so far as to call Michael a c**t. Or go on about it so bloody often.

*Did anyone notice the other day after something happened with Gina Sallie went straight to Michael and said something like 'I wonder what's going to happen with nominations now'? :D Yeah, really subtle Sallie...

And in last night's ep when a big group of them were talking in the garden and she said 'And I'M attention seeking...?!' but no one took any notice so she waited for the conversation to die down and said 'I'M attention seeking?!'

I'm torn as to whether I want her out or not this week. On the one hand I don't want her thinking she's popular/liked by the public, but on the other I want to watch the car crash that is her personality. :p

Comments

• Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Then 'I'm a nice person', 'I'm a decent person' etc...

As Frank Lapidus once said in Lost

"In my experience, the people who go out of their way to tell you that they are the good guys are the bad guys"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    I noticed the "I'm attention seeking" thing last night. Also when BB revealed Charlies task, she kept going on and on "i knew, i knew" its always I, I, I ... me, me, me. Very tedious. Also i'm all about tits, tats and beeny hats. She didn't have a single Tattoo when she went on X-factor a couple of years ago, another way of trying to fit in!
  • Options
    WeeJintyMcGintyWeeJintyMcGinty Posts: 3,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's not without her good points but it's her hypocricy, delusion and self obsession that make her perfect BB fodder.

She's so good a HM she wouldn't have been out of place in the wonderful BB6. :D
  • Options
    ZadethZadeth Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    As soon as it was revealed Michael was the only to nominate, Sally said something along the lines of: "I like him.." after being dubious about him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    As Frank Lapidus once said in Lost

"In my experience, the people who go out of their way to tell you that they are the good guys are the bad guys"

In politics they say "Never believe something 'til you hear it denied."

In life in general they say, for example "It's not like I'm jealous or anything."

See also "I'm not racist, but..."

In Big Brother they say "I'm not bothered," usually straight after showing how bothered they are.

If you keep your ears open people will tell you exactly what they are.

Also, nine times out of ten when someone tells you what they dislike about someone else, they're describing themself.

:) Easy rules of thumb. It only surprises me that so few people see it.
  • Options
    ZadethZadeth Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    She knows how to get airtime, I'll give her that. That and manipulate others. If she had a shred of decency, she would have taken Michael to the bedroom or treehouse to discuss matters but knew her row in front of the others would have gained more airtime.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    YesNoMan wrote: »

In life in general they say, for example "It's not like I'm jealous or anything."

In Big Brother they say "I'm not bothered," usually straight after showing how bothered they are.

Also, nine times out of ten when someone tells you what they dislike about someone else, they're describing themself.

+1 , but still hope she stays , i want dolls being thrown out of pram every night hehehe !!
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YesNoMan wrote: »

Wise old head and good for life in general but I watch BB for entertainment and I love the differences in people . Would be very dull if they all were goody two shoes. I think Sallie is a great character , she just needs to watch her language .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine her response when she finds out it wasn't Michael who wanted her out, but several thousands :D That's gonna hurt
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    monkey13 wrote: »
    Imagine her response when she finds out it wasn't Michael who wanted her out, but several thousands :D That's gonna hurt

yes this would be good , but i want her to find out from inside the house not from the elimination chair .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shades1 wrote: »
    yes this would be good , but i want her to find out from inside the house not from the elimination chair .

Ooooh you wicked person you! I like your thinking :D
  • Options
    ShadowTillNowShadowTillNow Posts: 2,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's one of those people who really cannot see herself. She has an idea of what she is, who she wants to be, but she's so far from being that, it's actually sad. Not that I have any sympathy mind.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    As much as I agree with Sallie being all about herself - so few (other than wonkeydonkey) have commented on just how disgustingly me me me Jemima was when Daley was trying for the very first time to open up to the group - genuinely cringeworthy viewing!
  • Options
    Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts exactly, OP.
  • Options
    KittiaraKittiara Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She definitely likes to be the centre of attention. I have noticed how she talks over people, like she did in that conversation on last night's highlights. Her voice has to be heard. Her views have to be expressed, and it seems that in her mind, those views are more important than anyone else's.

She makes for an interesting housemate, and I wouldn't mind her staying. After all, I don't have to live with her :D. She would do my head in!
  • Options
    loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    shades1 wrote: »

Lol, that would be awesome. :D

I'd like someone, possibly Michael, to say something along the lines of 'even if the whole house nominated, you'd still be up' just to shut her up.
  • Options
    chavetchavet Posts: 2,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She could be act as a catalyst, getting everyone to show their true characters, which would make for more interesting viewing, but that level of self-absorption can become wearing, if everything and everyone has to revolve around it for too long.

Maybe once people are hungry and nicotine deprived, they might have the courage to tell her some home truths en masse. She gets away with making everything about her because the other don't realise the power that they could have yet.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lee1976 wrote: »
    As much as I agree with Sallie being all about herself - so few (other than wonkeydonkey) have commented on just how disgustingly me me me Jemima was when Daley was trying for the very first time to open up to the group - genuinely cringeworthy viewing!

That was sooo annoying. I don't like her at all and I find her appearance very offputting, bizzare almost. Shallow of me I know:o
  • Options
    BelindaJBelindaJ Posts: 2,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is honest and up front unlike many fake people in the house. Honest pretty females tend not to do well in BB.;)
  • Options
    chavetchavet Posts: 2,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BelindaJ wrote: »
    She is honest and up front unlike many fake people in the house. Honest pretty females tend not to do well in BB.;)

I don't if the people described as honest in that context generally are, though. 'Forthright' or 'tactless', maybe. Sallie's honesty seems to evolve based on how it makes her feel about herself, so is that 'honesty'?
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not since Andrew Stone has someone taken nominations/evictions so badly and obsessively.

So can we expect Sallie to perform the side splits, a pirouette and raise her legs above her head any minute now?
  • Options
    KittiaraKittiara Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's honest, which I have no problem with, and there's making everything about yourself all the time. People can be honest and still consider other people's feelings, and show a genuine interest in their views.

Looks don't have anything to do with that, by the way.
  • Options
    JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is honest and up front unlike many fake people in the house. Honest pretty females tend not to do well in BB.;)

She's not honest . She is two faced and spiteful and is barely pretty. Average faced spoiled by whatever she has had done to her lips. Horrible tattoos (imo) and not a particularly nice body. If she's truly a glamour model they must be pretty hard up these days. I know they don't have to be beautiful but they usually have to have nice bodies.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's one of the most self absorbed people I've ever seen on Big Brother. She is completely at the centre of her universe and no one else gets a look in at all. All she talks about herself, I've never once seen her ask someone else about them. She is all "me, me, me, me".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sallie s super dupa...natural and tipically lively northern charcter. imo just a born entertainer