Noticing a trend in this thread.

Early X1 owners "meh I'm fine with the drop I've got my money's worth"
    Non X1 owners "MS owe those who bought it early something!!!" :D
  • Options
    Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    I don't really get why people seem to think that MS owe us early adopters anything, least of all something as hilarious as £30 of credit. I can understand them compensating people who bought OG Xbox's when they dropped the price by £100 after a mere month, but this is £30 and over three months later. I can remember a friend of mine paying something daft like £150-£200 for the complete Lost boxset when it came out, then about 2 months later i picked it up for £80, he didn't go demanding compensation from the distributors just because they'd dropped the price. Price drops are just something that you have to accept, especially if you're an early adopter.

I think it's quite telling that the people in this thread that actually have Xbox One's don't really seem bothered by the price drop. Infact most of us seem to think it's a good thing for the console as a whole. This was a much needed smart move by MS after the relative trouncing they've been enduring in the UK.

However, if the internet complaining that we deserve some compensation might result in us getting some free shit, then complain away guys! :p

We're doing this for you Clarke! I think what would hurt the most is not the £30 drop but rather the choice of free game. It's a very aggressive strategy from Microsoft and maybe one that had to be made for the greater good. You do make a valid counter point that maybe early adopters go in expecting to lose a lot of money and it's water of a duck's back.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Early adopters should know to expect this sort of thing. PS3 launched in the UK in March 07 at £425, by the end of the year it was selling for £350 with 3 games bundled.

Ok it took Sony 6 months before they lowered the price compared to the 3months its taken for MS to cut it but who knows what position Sony might have been in had they cut the price sooner. This is a good move from MS and something early adopters should be happy about, it should mean more Xbox 1 units are sold which is good for everyone who owns one. I don't think MS own anyone anything, the cut is only for £30 anyway so if they are going to offer anything maybe a months free LIVE to soften the blow early adopters are feeling (Although I get the impression its more a case of people feeling bad on their behalf rather than actually Xbox 1 owners feeling hard done by).

People have been calling for a price cut since launch, lets not try to put a negative spin on a good news story...
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Early adopters should know to expect this sort of thing. PS3 launched in the UK in March 07 at £425, by the end of the year it was selling for £350 with 3 games bundled.

Ok it took Sony 6 months before they lowered the price compared to the 3months its taken for MS to cut it but who knows what position Sony might have been in had they cut the price sooner. This is a good move from MS and something early adopters should be happy about, it should mean more Xbox 1 units are sold which is good for everyone who owns one. I don't think MS own anyone anything, the cut is only for £30 anyway so if they are going to offer anything maybe a months free LIVE to soften the blow early adopters are feeling (Although I get the impression its more a case of people feeling bad on their behalf rather than actually Xbox 1 owners feeling hard done by).

People have been calling for a price cut since launch, lets not try to put a negative spin on a good news story...

I was thinking more like years free live. As it would cost Microsoft very little money to offer this and make most early adopters happy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll wait patiently until the end of the year hopefully by then there will be some great bundles.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    What utter garbage in that interview, you don't cut the price of any product ever if you are selling at the rate you want to, why on earth would you cut away profits for no good reason
    You forgot to also highlight how this guy is running around lying about Titanfall, Watchdogs and Destiny only being available on Xbox One.
  • Options
    MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely a good deal. I'm really tempted now.
    As for the price drop, well, that's nothing really unusual in the tech world.
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    You forgot to also highlight how this guy is running around lying about Titanfall, Watchdogs and Destiny only being available on Xbox One.

Where does he say that? :o
  • Options
    BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    Oh no! I paid £30 extra for 3 months of next-gen gaming and FIFA 14! I need a hug!

:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Where does he say that? :o
    But moving forwards if you think about what I think are the three hottest games of the year to come, Titanfall, Watch Dogs and Destiny, the only place you're going to be able to play all three of those games is on Xbox One.

http://www.totalxbox.com/71999/xbox-one-price-cut-to-pound39999-in-the-uk-includes-free-copy-of-titanfall/

Flat out lies from MS, again. And they know no one can stop them because these pieces are not regulated, whereas any official advertising or marketing is.

You can of course play all of those games on the 360.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to say if X1 owners are happy great, i can only speak for myself i say i wouldn't be because for me the difference would be £80 when i'd add in the cost of titanfall the apparent biggest game on X1, i'd genuinely be pissed off if i paid £480 for something then the next person got the exact same thing for £400 plus if you add in the original £80 more that the X1 cost over the PS4 that would be arguably £160 more to play titanfall, maybe that is just my character though i can be a bit cynical at times

I do look forward to joining you all on X1 though, who knows with the way things are going i could get one before the year is out, maybe christmas after another drop and a huge bundle
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to say if X1 owners are happy great, i can only speak for myself i say i wouldn't be because for me the difference would be £80 when i'd add in the cost of titanfall the apparent biggest game on X1, i'd genuinely be pissed off if i paid £480 for something then the next person got the exact same thing for £400 maybe that is just my character though i can be a bit cynical at times

I do look forward to joining you all on X1 though, who knows with the way things are going i could get one before the year is out, maybe christmas before another drop and a huge bundle
    Exactly, the hard done by club here are those who've just gone out in recent days to pick up a console perhaps thinking they'll beat the rush for when Titanfall is released and have spent £30 more on the console and will have to pay for the game.

Obviously those with day ones and the limited supply of other bundles with games at no cost have had their sweetener.

You could say that a price drop could be expected but to give away the most anticipated game on top of that, no one would have seen that coming, I don't think anyone thought they were that desperate.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    http://www.totalxbox.com/71999/xbox-one-price-cut-to-pound39999-in-the-uk-includes-free-copy-of-titanfall/

Flat out lies from MS, again. And they know no one can stop them because these pieces are not regulated, whereas any official advertising or marketing is.

You can of course play all of those games on the 360.
    But moving forwards if you think about what I think are the three hottest games of the year to come, Titanfall, Watch Dogs and Destiny, the only place you're going to be able to play all three of those games is on Xbox One.

Technically true...

Although it is slightly deceitful as it is massively misleading and implies far more than it actually says.

EDIT: :blush: forgot all three were coming for last gen as well. Guess PC as well for all three so double :blush::blush:
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was overpriced to start with. 399 would've Sat much nicer. Marketing got it wrong.

Good for gamers though.
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    How do they get to these prices for the UK in the first place?

$500 in sterling plus VAT is only £360 maybe add a tenner for shipping and that only comes out at £370.

To compare, the 4gb xbox 360 console is currently around 200 dollars in the US before tax which equals around £145 in English sterling (after VAT) yet is only £120 in the UK.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new price (assuming you get it with Titanfall which is only a temporary promo) does make Xbox One significantly more appealing.

But, if i bought one now I'm not sure what else i'd do with it. Certainly not buying any multi-plats and there's no first party games on the horizon that excite.

£400 is still a lot of cash to spend just to play a shinier version of a game that I can play on a couple of formats I already own.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to say if X1 owners are happy great, i can only speak for myself i say i wouldn't be because for me the difference would be £80 when i'd add in the cost of titanfall the apparent biggest game on X1, i'd genuinely be pissed off if i paid £480 for something then the next person got the exact same thing for £400 plus if you add in the original £80 more that the X1 cost over the PS4 that would be arguably £160 more to play titanfall, maybe that is just my character though i can be a bit cynical at times

I do look forward to joining you all on X1 though, who knows with the way things are going i could get one before the year is out, maybe christmas after another drop and a huge bundle

My thoughts as well, but I will wait for the Halo bundle (which you know will happen)...by then there should be other quality games out as well, 1 or 2 at the moment does not justify £400.00 imo. Same with the PS4 which at the moment doesn't even have any quality games for it, an even bigger waste of £400.00 (when you include a game).
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Asmo wrote: »
    http://www.gamepur.com/news/13547-microsoft-quietly-region-lock-xbox-one-digital-games-and-dlc-error-code-0x8.html

It sounds very underhanded, especially after proclaiming it region free last year.
    They should have forewarned buyers 'except when it suits us'

It makes physical copies an even better value proposition than before.

Could someone quote me the text from that please, cannot get onto that site at work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »
    Tbh anyone that uses 'M$' as an abbreviation probably wasn't going to get a X1 console anyway.

Go get a ps4 that'll show em.

A P$4?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sure.
    It seems like Microsoft has quietly made Xbox One digital games "Region-Lock", it was activated last month and the firm also deleted game licenses from gamertags. Now as a result of this new restriction, download keys bough abroad will no longer work, Xbox One players will receive error message along with this code: "0x87de07d1".

Xbox OneMany Xbox One are facing this error code as they try to redeem their digital game codes, here are few complaints of official Xbox forum:

"I am getting the error code 0x87de07d1 on my digital download copy of Forza 5. I have also seen in other posts that at least 2 other people have this error on Dead Rising 3. This is a digital copy of the game that has worked fine for several weeks. It is now acting as though I do not own the game. I have tried turning the system on/off, switching profiles etc but nothing is helping. In the xbox store Forza 5 is displaying the option to buy for £49.99, where it would usually say Play, as I do own the game. I also have a digital copy of FIFA 14 which is working fine, and displays 'play' in the xbox store, this shows that I am definitely logged into my xbox live gold account. Originally, I only owned Forza 5 on disc, but later purchased the digital download version. However, I have only ever owned the digital version of FIFA 14, I have never owned a disc version of FIFA 14, so maybe this has something to do with why FIFA works fine but Forza doesn't."

Another user who contacted Microsoft support has this to say: "There's definitely a region lock on digital downloads in place, whether that be DLC or full games."

"I've got a UK account and bought a digital copy of Forza 5 on ebay, redeemed it and then about 10 days later it wouldn't load, just giving me the option to buy it again.

After over an hour with xbox live support, I was told "For the Xbox One, that is correct. Discs are region free, so it should be that the codes are the same. This is the reason why we are having it being investigated further my friend. It could be an issue somewhere along the way of redeeming the codes, and should be fixed surely, we can assure you of that."

They passed me on to the 'Advocacy' team, who eventually told me "I was able to figure out that the reason you could not redeem your PPC was because it was intended for another country. When redeeming your token there are two things that need to match up. The country listed on the account must match the country that you are connecting from and the token needs to be for the same country as well."

The resulting advice being "I suggest going back to the person you purchased the game from and inform them that the code he provided you was set for a region other than the U.K."

I asked for clarification on region locking on digital game downloads and was advised "All Xbox digital content is region specific. Due to many international and cultural laws, not all content is available everywhere. "

When I pushed and asked how it was possible to redeem a code, only for it to be later disabled, I was unbelievably told "I can honestly say that it may have been a fluke"

... a FLUKE! what a joke. I'm now stuck trying to get a refund for a game code I've already redeemed.

So, the 0x87de07d1 error on purchased digital download game is due to region locking and the code being from a different region"

Are you guys facing this same issue mention above?, let us know in the comment section below.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rich_L wrote: »
    A P$4?

Son¥.;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks mate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've seen a lot of this on another forum I frequent.

People suggesting you buy it off the american store because its cheaper and they were cock-a-hoop at the thought of getting something cheaper than the UK download price.

OOOPS! It appears they have come unstuck.
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think that its pretty shitty to turn on region coding on download games after the fact,if you don't want them to go down that route,turn it on at the beginning,feels like shutting the barn door after the horses have bogged off