St Shirley Carter

priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What planet is this woman living on, taking the moral high ground when she herself was a shit mother >:(
Preaching to Stan about how terrible he is, all st Micks arse licking has gone to head and she actually believes she is a saint.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really, really dislike this character. Shirley emphasis all the worst qualities in a character and a person. Self entitled, mean-spirited, hypocritical, and a vindictive bully, are just a few of her many nasty traits. The worst thing about her is she is seriously deluded enough to paint herself as some sort of victim.
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,799
    Forum Member
    Hopefully when Dean tells her off she will realize how deluded she is.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She certainly seems to be suffering from amnesia. Maybe Dean could jog her memory with a swift kick. :cool:
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her character has actually improved with her family around, but she's still an annoying idiot. She doesn't own the property, so I don't know why she thought she could pack up Stan's things and throw him out like that.

I don't blame Carly and Deano for hating her. She was as bad a parent to them as Stan was to her.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know. I didn't mind her with Dot yesterday but just when I might be enjoying her again they throw all of this in to show my how much I loathe her self obsessed, hypocritical side.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be cheering on Dean on Thursday, can't wait till he gives her a reality check.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing that buggers me most about her, is she is preventing Stan and Mick from sharing any kind of relationship due to herself spreading poison in Mick's ear. When she knows full well that Stan is an old man and he doesn't have long left in the world.

Is Stan really supposed to be the villain in all this?
  • James_Parker1James_Parker1 Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I don't normally comment and usually lurk but I hate Shirley so much. I don't get why some people are so obsessed with Shirley. Shirley abandoned her kids and walked out on her dying son. She profited from Heather's death and is a doormat. Repeating it again but she will ALWAYS BE A DOORMAT!! Vile woman and she thinks she has the right to own the Queen Vic..
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wants everyone to herself, she was like this with Hev, and now her siblings. She can't bear to see anyone have a good relationship with someone she doesn't like.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with many points made, I think she better with her family but her self-absorbed, self-entitled, nasty ways get on my nerves, she demands everything, she's been given opportunities and she mess them up, her trying to come between her brother & his wife, same with her sister.

Demanding a share in the vic, which she had no right too, lecturing others on parenting, she let down the people who trusted her most in life, she needs a kick up the arse and put in her place, I don't care if she is flavor of the month at the moment, she is a long way from being redeemed in my opinion.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mick can think for himself. If he wanted a relationship with his dad, he would tell Shirley to mind her own business but he doesn't like Stan himself

Shirley is a flawed character but is interesting to watch imo
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Wow, so much hate. I love Shirley. She is deeply flawed and has so many different layers. She doesn't half get a hard time on here. She is well liked on Twitter and Facebook so i'll stick with that!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    Wow, so much hate. I love Shirley. She is deeply flawed and has so many different layers. She doesn't half get a hard time on here. She is well liked on Twitter and Facebook so i'll stick with that!

Yes, if you want everyone to agree with your opinion you better had stick with that. :D
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Yes, if you want everyone to agree with your opinion you better had stick with that. :D

Harsh! My opinion is mine and i'm happy with it....possibly because I don't take soaps as seriously as some folk...:o
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She deserves a kicking
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Goodness, no one regards Shirley as a saint, least of all Shirley herself.
  • MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    Goodness, no one regards Shirley as a saint, least of all Shirley herself.

I totally love LeatherBoots n Vodka Carter
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why she hasn't got a slap so far.

Did you see the way she spoke to the Asian chemist?

If she has bouts of tourettes then maybe she can be cured. But t he way she speaks to everyone is rubbish
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harsh! My opinion is mine and i'm happy with it....possibly because I don't take soaps as seriously as some folk...:o

What's harsh about it? No one's taking anything too seriously. :D

You said you found everyone was negative about Shirley on DS but people on Facebook/twitter agreed with you and liked her so you'd "stick with that".

If you're so bothered about people agreeing with you then it's good that you "stick with that".
  • dottzie38dottzie38 Posts: 1,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Shirley
    That's all I have to add to the thread :D
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to like Shirley. When she arrived Shirley was a fascinating character, and I thought there was great potential for a story of redemption. I hoped Shirley would become the next Pat - another character that arrived as a gobby cow but slowly evolved into a matriarchal figure.

I was wrong. Shirley is beyond redemption. By introducing her family all they've done is increase Shirley's hypocrisy and sense of entitlement.

I also dislike this clear agenda by the producers to push Shirley as the new 'face' of the show by putting her front and centre in the Vic. If there's anything guaranteed to put me off a character, it's the patronising "you MUST like this character" guff we get from the writers by shoving them in every episode.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    I used to like Shirley. When she arrived Shirley was a fascinating character, and I thought there was great potential for a story of redemption. I hoped Shirley would become the next Pat - another character that arrived as a gobby cow but slowly evolved into a matriarchal figure.

I was wrong. Shirley is beyond redemption. By introducing her family all they've done is increase Shirley's hypocrisy and sense of entitlement.

I also dislike this clear agenda by the producers to push Shirley as the new 'face' of the show by putting her front and centre in the Vic. If there's anything guaranteed to put me off a character, it's the patronising "you MUST like this character" guff we get from the writers by shoving them in every episode.

Too right, bass. Couldn't agree more, particularly the BIB. Quite clearly DTC's pet project.
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    What's harsh about it? No one's taking anything too seriously. :D

You said you found everyone was negative about Shirley on DS but people on Facebook/twitter agreed with you and liked her so you'd "stick with that".

If you're so bothered about people agreeing with you then it's good that you "stick with that".

I'm not bothered about people agreeing with me, I merely meant that I'd stick with that view as it is one that I share. No offence but, I couldn't really give a monkeys if you disagree with me..
    A lot of folk do take soaps too seriously, especially on here..this is a prime example, i'm not going to get into a long debate over a fictional character. haa:D:o
  • Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not bothered about people agreeing with me, I merely meant that I'd stick with that view as it is one that I share. No offence but, I couldn't really give a monkeys if you disagree with me..
    A lot of folk do take soaps too seriously, especially on here..this is a prime example, i'm not going to get into a long debate over a fictional character. haa:D:o

If you're going to pick a character to obsess over Shirley isn't the obvious choice. Not very loveable is she?
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand the character nor her equally unappealing returning offspring.