Options

Tablet not charging

duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
Forum Member
✭✭
Not very tech minded so bear with me.

I have a little tegra note tablet which isnt charging. The problem seems to be the little hole where you plug the charger in as it wobbles. it's def not the charger as it charges my kindle fine.

Can this be repaired or would I be cheaper buying a new one?

Comments

• Options
    clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How old is the tablet? A tegra is likely to be a good few years old, and likely out of any sort of support. Whilst it may be possible to repair, its also likely to be expensive to find anyone willing to perform the fix.

When you can get something like the Hudl 2 for £99, it is sadly likely cheaper to just buy something newer (disposable society in which we live, eh?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clonmult wrote: »
    How old is the tablet? A tegra is likely to be a good few years old, and likely out of any sort of support. Whilst it may be possible to repair, its also likely to be expensive to find anyone willing to perform the fix.

When you can get something like the Hudl 2 for £99, it is sadly likely cheaper to just buy something newer (disposable society in which we live, eh?)

Thank you. it's almost two years old and I kind of thought that about buying a new one. I'd kind of ;like to save some of the stuff on it so would've paid a reasonable amount but doesnt look like it'll be worthwhile in the long run.
  • Options
    StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    Not very tech minded so bear with me.

I have a little tegra note tablet which isnt charging. The problem seems to be the little hole where you plug the charger in as it wobbles. it's def not the charger as it charges my kindle fine.

Can this be repaired or would I be cheaper buying a new one?

You might find that if you hold the plug in place at a certain angle you will get it to start charging. Maybe try some Blu-tak.

With a little charge you might get your stuff off it.
  • Options
    Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you google 'USB port Tegra' you will find much more useful information than you will here.
  • Options
    oilmanoilman Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had same problem with the usb micro connector on charger being loose on my Tegra Note 7.

I used a small pair of pliers to GENTLY squeeze the two flat sides of the connector on charger together so I got a tighter fit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oilman wrote: »
    I had same problem with the usb micro connector on charger being loose on my Tegra Note 7.

I used a small pair of pliers to GENTLY squeeze the two flat sides of the connector on charger together so I got a tighter fit.

Thank you this has worked, slightly. Held it in with blue tack and got enough charge to get my pics etc . Thanks so much!
  • Options
    oilmanoilman Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    Thank you this has worked, slightly. Held it in with blue tack and got enough charge to get my pics etc . Thanks so much!
    Not every solution is rocket science!
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plug in the lead and rest something like a can of food on the leads plug going into the tablet and see if the charger light on the tablet comes on.