Are" sixpacks "really that attractive on men?

SweetAngelxSweetAngelx Posts: 489
Forum Member
I was wondering what posters of both genders thought about this. :p

My partner has gained a little weight and no longer goes to the gym and is suddenly worried he needs a sixpack!
I actually prefer him with a bigger stomach that I enjoy cuddling up to and don't think it harms his attractiveness at all, quite the opposite.

I sometimes think men who take the working out thing too far can look absurd and that it its is not sexy in the slightest. But on the other hand you have Adonis like males like sublime model David Gandy :D So yes men having a toned physique is good but any further can be quite a turn off

I am obviously not advocating men letting themselves go or being obese but I think men who overdo the muscles is not sexy in the slightest.

What do other posters think?

Comments

• Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they look good, but unless you're naturally skinny, genetically 'gifted' or anal about your diet, are difficult to maintain.
  • moonlandingsmoonlandings Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not convinced. Aiden Turner (is that his name?) looked cool topless on Poldark, but a bit of flab is irrelevant to me, in real life.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    May I just post this to aid the discussion. Best to watch it a couple of times to ensure you have all the facts for the debate. :D

https://www.facebook.com/theinkedboys/videos/908375545918179/?pnref=story
  • BrotherDanielBrotherDaniel Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a guy that's takes fitness serious, it's very important to me to feel good about my waist line, I couldn't care less if women prefer a six pack or not.

I work out for me
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    I like to look at them and it does raise the lust meter pretty high but to actually cuddle up to one isn't something I'm really keen on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a guy that's takes fitness serious, it's very important to me to feel good about my waist line, I couldn't care less if women prefer a six pack or not.

I work out for me

That's a good way to look at things :)
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    If they're overdone, it makes the person look vain and self-obsessed.
  • Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with all the above comments (as someone who has never achieved the fabled six-pack myself).
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Sixpacks on men aren't my interest but I would say it depends on how they look.

I saw this on Room 101 the other night.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a490074/craig-david-reveals-extreme-six-pack-torso-on-instagram.html#~pmSHs2K6HmmpFE
    Something doesn't look right there!
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,981
    Forum Member
    Yes, yes they are
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    It's not important to me at all. I actually like a bit of a pudgy stomach on a man. Especially a tall man with nice chest hair. A lot of men get more attractive as they age, because they get a little bit bigger.

I would only really like a six pack on a bigger built man.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Sixpacks on men aren't my interest but I would say it depends on how they look.

I saw this on Room 101 the other night.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a490074/craig-david-reveals-extreme-six-pack-torso-on-instagram.html#~pmSHs2K6HmmpFE
    Something doesn't look right there!

To me he just looks a bit emaciated. He doesn't have much muscle at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a good way to look at things :)

Everyone I know pretty much says I'm obsessed with my diet though lol.

I say yeah you keep the kebabs & gut pal and I will worry about myself myself!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bodybuilding quote...

'Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated'.

As long as you're happy, that's all that matters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member

People say the same about me. Especially my best friend. She rolls her eyes whenever I mention calories, but I can't help it. People try to tempt me into eating bad food a lot too, which is annoying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bodybuilding quote...

'Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated'.

As long as you're happy, that's all that matters.

Oh indeed :D
  • Rae_RooRae_Roo Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind a guy carrying a little weight, I'm not fussy if they have a six pack or not, as long as they're healthy and not letting themselves go... I know its harder these days for my OH, north of 40, it's much easier when you're in your 20s to shape up and maintain a good metabolism and physique imo.

I wouldn't like my fella to have one of those ghastly beer guts so many blokes have, it's vile to me, and I'd find them less physically attractive... It always seems to me the onus is on women so much, to be slim... But I see far more lardy blokes with slimmer women than I do vice versa... I do think the 'big gut' blokes are older generations more often, where diet and drink is catching up with age! :D
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like a keg myself.
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing does it for me more than a cuddly tummy. Can't beat the nice bouncy natural feel :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes they can be very attractive if they are a part of a man's appeal - not that I'm obsessed at all but I think I have mentioned Calvin Harris and his Armani underwear adverts on here before :blush:

But at my age and my looks I can hardly say it's a 'dealbreaker' lol, in fact in real life rather than looking through a celebrity magazine, Id say it's not that important at all.
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have a six-pack, more like a party seven.
  • EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Depends on the man tbh

A six pack and muscles can look good but it's no good if it comes with the face that's hit every branch on the ugly tree (andy from emmerdale)

A good face is no good on a pencil thin body

It's all about the whole package, luckily my OH has it all ^_^
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sometimes think men who take the working out thing too far can look absurd and that it its is not sexy in the slightest. But on the other hand you have Adonis like males like sublime model David Gandy :D So yes men having a toned physique is good but any further can be quite a turn off

I'd never heard of David Gandy but obviously had to Google him in the interests of research :D But actually, I was a bit disappointed! He looks vain, he looks as though he'd actually look down on a woman who didn't match up to his level of physical perfection! This is without knowing anything about him or his personality.

I mentioned Calvin because obviously he's worked hard in the gym to get that bod, but not obsessively so, you can tell from the pics he's still a fun guy... The model just looks up himself lol.

It's still all about magazine pic though, none of my boyfriends even going back to my twenties have been model specimens and it's never been an issue for me. :)
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like a good strong bearish chest and a nice firm bit of belly.

I find a really pronounced six pack a bit of a turnoff actually. A healthy hint of one but decently covered looks pretty on a young man, but I don't want to climb on top of it and give it some playful slap and tickle.:blush:

But hey, takes all sorts thank goodness.:D
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was showing off my six pack today in Morrisons £2.00 for six cans of Pepsi is great value.