Options

Advice LCD TV

I wonder if anyone can help. I wish to buy a new digital tv Tv 26inch. I don't want to spend more than £300. I bought UMC L216/ 22B on Thursday and whilst it looks OK the sound is very 'tinny'.
It allows you to adjust the Bass/ treble but the tinniness is prevelant no matter how much adjusting you do. Going to take it back in the morning and would love some suggestions.

Not keen on ordering from a solely online retailer as I don't want to have to send it back if I'm not happy.

Help please :(

Comments

• Options
    heskethbangheskethbang Posts: 4,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    damien666 wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone can help. I wish to buy a new digital tv Tv 26inch. I don't want to spend more than £300. I bought UMC L216/ 22B on Thursday and whilst it looks OK the sound is very 'tinny'.
    It allows you to adjust the Bass/ treble but the tinniness is prevelant no matter how much adjusting you do. Going to take it back in the morning and would love some suggestions.

Not keen on ordering from a solely online retailer as I don't want to have to send it back if I'm not happy.

Help please :(

Richer Sounds do a Sharp 26" LCD for £269.95. There's also LG's for a similar price. If you can stretch to around £305 I've seen Toshiba 26", though not from richersounds.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are lots of posts on here and on AVForums that mention 'tinniness' from LCD speakers. The problem is with the small form factor the speakers tend to be smaller. A surround sound or external speakers may be your best bet if you still aren't happy after you get a new set.
  • Options
    currykevcurrykev Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Easy.
    Just buy a 2.1 audio system that will enhance the sound no end.
  • Options
    OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many LCD tvs have very small and useless speakers, my £5 clock radio sounds far better than my £250 LCD TV although the LCD TV display gives me better pictures ;)

I wouldn't hold your breath on getting great sounds quality although there may be better than UMC (It is a relatively budget 'brand' after all and don't mistake brand for being a manufacturer)

If you can't find a decent sound then plugging in some £15 amplified speakers will sound better.