how do i pair my sky card with new sky+ box?

liamhereliamhere Posts: 2,054
Forum Member
✭✭✭
just had sky + :)
but won't use + till 1st july...im so cheap :)

what do i need to do to pair the card to the new box

i know its in the services...but what numbers do i press
sorry if i sound thick! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,330
    Forum Member
    liamhere wrote: »
    just had sky + :)
    but won't use + till 1st july...im so cheap :)

what do i need to do to pair the card to the new box

i know its in the services...but what numbers do i press
    sorry if i sound thick! :rolleyes:

Services, 4, 0, 1, then select New Installation and follow the prompts. This does a callback via the phone, and is essential for a Sky+ or they won't pair it.

You then need to ring Sky and ask them to re-pair the card with the box, and enable Sky+ on the box.

Wait until Sunday afternoon to ring them - because I'm doing mine in the morning! :p
  • liamhereliamhere Posts: 2,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Services, 4, 0, 1, then select New Installation and follow the prompts. This does a callback via the phone, and is essential for a Sky+ or they won't pair it.

You then need to ring Sky and ask them to re-pair the card with the box, and enable Sky+ on the box.

Wait until Sunday afternoon to ring them - because I'm doing mine in the morning! :p

thank you nigel :D

the installer told me but went in 1 ear..out the other!

you are a gent :rolleyes:

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Hi, I need to pair my card to my box but in Services I have 4 but then not 0. What could be wrong? If you see my other threads I'm having all sorts of problems with my setup.

Thanks,

Jamie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    0 is the "secret" installers menu. You won't see it on screen, just press 4,0,1 select and you will be there!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Yeah sorry, just being a bit thick!! Thanks for that..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    you dont need to do that anyway. just call customer services and tell them you have a new sky+ box an need to pair your card with it. they'll ask you the version number, if memory serves me rightly, and thats about it. it will take you a minute on the phone to them at most. well thats all it took me.