Dear Channel 5........ Yours sincerely, Digital Spy. (merged)

Comments

• bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't evict anyone for 3 weeks

Keep them in a mxed bedroom, with single beds so that bloody snuggles/duvet rubbish are avoided.

Ban relationships

Keep the tasks coming

Let them have a party once a week with music so we can see them dance

No contact with outside world

Don't let them choose who is going in the house

Don't have obvious favourites

Have free live feed - with no bird tweets

They must all eat together and cooking should be done on a rota, no self selected cook allowed.

Have a launderette, good gossip goes on around a washing machine.

Haver a supermarket where one person a week is in charge of the shopping.

If they say they are going to leave in the diary room more than 3 times - they are OUT. No interview, no photoshoot, no Little Brother, no TV programmes, no mags etc .... when you haven't done your stint .. that is that .. end of.

More coverage for the highlight show 1.5 hours

Ban all getting your tits out mags when they are out of house, the girls should be chosen for their personality not their cup size.

Get contestants with a personality

Bring back Russel Brand for Big Mouth
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    VOTE TO SAVE, every week.

Great idea
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Vote to Save every week is the most important point of all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jobielad wrote: »
    Sam Pepper to do Davina's job lol!

This is what I was going to say:D

Also my request:Make it vote to save every week
  • Since YesterdaySince Yesterday Posts: 5,051
    Forum Member
    Feel free to tell channel 5 what we want and don't want next year!
    • Fire PEJ
    • Give them alcohol... LOTS OF IT (Not just 2 cans here and there)
    • Don't give us 'bubbily' people!
    • Make them suffer!!
    • Give us at least 1 person like Sam Pepper!
    • Study Big Brother 5, 3 and 2
    • Give us highlights! Not just the best parts from you're favourites!
    • Don't have favourites!

Add you're own! :D
    Even if Channel 5 do pick it up, Endemol will still be producing it.

Hasn't he already quit?

That's never going to happen, for obvious health and safety reasons.

Why not?

That tactic consistently made for extremely dull viewing.

People "like Sam Pepper" can only come into it late on, because their entire contrived personality has to be based on what they've read/seen. Hence the fact that he was a spent force for the majority of his time in the house, and the way he suddenly transformed into an obedient little nerd the moment the door closed behind him.

Study them for what? Just because something worked at the time, it doesn't necessarily follow that it will still work almost a decade later.

That's pretty much impossible. Supposedly events in the house are marked up as interesting throughout the day, and then they look through what they've got and pick what they hope will be the best to use for the highlights. There's always going to be an element of hit and miss involved.

So who were the "favourites" this year? Ben's fans for example claimed he was poorly edited, when in fact the highlights were devoted to putting him centre stage night after night for weeks on end. But this year, quite a few housemates have had a share in dominating the highlights: Mario, Shabby, Caoimhe, Ben, John James, Josie, Corin ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    instead of a vote to save...could you have a vote to evict and save at the same time, and then the two are combined?

--No lock down and loads of interaction before the show..half of them had already met and were on friendship terms.
    -- No over manipulation of highlights.
    --like someone else said...let them drink alcohol..lots!
    --no stupid nomination twists...save and replace was just crap!
    --get tougher...no hose-mate is bigger than the show!
  • LARulzLARulz Posts: 34,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Change the format big time.

Look at BB:US- makes it interesting even if the the housemates are crap. This years a good example
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if Channel 5 do pick it up, Endemol will still be producing it.

Hasn't he already quit?

That's never going to happen, for obvious health and safety reasons.

Why not?

That tactic consistently made for extremely dull viewing.

People "like Sam Pepper" can only come into it late on, because their entire contrived personality has to be based on what they've read/seen. Hence the fact that he was a spent force for the majority of his time in the house, and the way he suddenly transformed into an obedient little nerd the moment the door closed behind him.

Study them for what? Just because something worked at the time, it doesn't necessarily follow that it will still work almost a decade later.

That's pretty much impossible. Supposedly events in the house are marked up as interesting throughout the day, and then they look through what they've got and pick what they hope will be the best to use for the highlights. There's always going to be an element of hit and miss involved.

So who were the "favourites" this year? Ben's fans for example claimed he was poorly edited, when in fact the highlights were devoted to putting him centre stage night after night for weeks on end. But this year, quite a few housemates have had a share in dominating the highlights: Mario, Shabby, Caoimhe, Ben, John James, Josie, Corin ...
    I suspect he is being buttered up for a job over at Channel 5 .. Head of Reality Programming or such like.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bring back the rich and poor task!
    Remember, it's NOT a holiday camp!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    leave bb alone and bring back the farm. :P
  • Since YesterdaySince Yesterday Posts: 5,051
    Forum Member
    I suspect he is being buttered up for a job over at Channel 5 .. Head of Reality Programming or such like.
    Even if that's the case, it's still Endemol's show rather than Channel 5's. Fair enough, if they decide to buy it they can insist on changing things. But Endemol will still put their stamp on it, and it seems inevitable that many, if not most of the current staff will still be involved, too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    No wannabes!! Anyone with a page on any form of casting website or anyone with an agent already need not apply!

Don't want to see anyone hoping to further their career or make money from the show, just those genuinely there for the experience who are going to make the most of every minute.

Unbiased highlights and accurate accounts on the website!

Back to absolutely no contact from the outside world- far too many clues this year as to how they were being perceived

Put the laughter back in! More tasks to bring out the funny side in people-the best series' for me have been when I have laughed the most

More of the smaller tasks that last just a few hours, these are often the funniest.

Make the shopping tasks harder again-this year they have won good shopping budgets far to many times. Basic budgets make for much more interesting viewing.

Stop with all the luxuries- it should be tougher, they treat it like it's a holiday. Make them work for their rewards!(Make them survive without hair straightners apart from eviction nights- far too much faffing over appearance these days!)

Scrap Big Mouth

Enforce a strict no nominations talk policy and stop with all the nominations twists
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Feel free to tell channel 5 what we want and don't want next year!

Mine are:
      [*]Fire PEJ
      [*]Give them alcohol... LOTS OF IT (Not just 2 cans here and there)
      [*]Don't give us 'bubbily' people!
      [*]Make them suffer!!
      [*]Give us at least 1 person like Sam Pepper!
      [*]Study Big Brother 5, 3 and 2
      [*]Give us highlights! Not just the best parts from you're favourites!
      [*]Don't have favourites!

Add you're own! :D

Please don't tell me PEJ will still be in charge.:mad: I thought some new blood would be taking over. Is this true? Will he still be around when it moves to Channel 5? This is extremely depressing news.:( Noooo!:cry:
    • GracelandGraceland Posts: 8,158
      Forum Member
      jobielad wrote: »
      Sam Pepper to do Davina's job lol!

And in charge of the tasks.
    • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Even if that's the case, it's still Endemol's show rather than Channel 5's. Fair enough, if they decide to buy it they can insist on changing things. But Endemol will still put their stamp on it, and it seems inevitable that many, if not most of the current staff will still be involved, too.
      It is Endemols show .. but if they are hawking it off to the highest and possibly only bidder,then Richard Desmond is in a very strong position to say exactly what he wants from the brand he is buying.
      It's definitely not unthinkable that a prerequisite of any deal would be his people heading up a new production team.
      But as I say .. I think we won't have seen the last of PEJ.
    • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      1. Anyone who threatens to walk - gets removed
      2. Anyone who gets removed - gets no publicity on the spin-offs
      3. George Lamb to host all the shows and be on my TV 24/7

Completely agree. Walking is like an illness. Once one goes, they all seem to catch it. Even the ones who don't go end up going on and on about it. Shabby really p!ssed me off begging to go back in and she wasn't messing.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,116
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Don't let your editing crew put a massive bet on a few housemates then let them edit them into the final. Nice little earner I suppose.
    • JelakinsJelakins Posts: 1,865
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      1. Anyone who threatens to walk - gets removed
      2. Anyone who gets removed - gets no publicity on the spin-offs
      3. George Lamb to host all the shows and be on my TV 24/7

Agreed re walkers!! Defo
      And if George ain't available then Dermott should be!!!
      Also:
      • Bring back Diary Room uncovered
      • Allow red button voting
      • All housemates up for eviction every week (maybe two can be exempt by way of a task to save their own skins)
      • No more disabled housemates!!! :mad:
      • Only use HM's who admit to watching the program!!
      • Stop picking stereotypical housemates
      • If any HM does threaten to walk, apart from removal the prize fund should go down by £5k
      I'm sure I can think of more!!!
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,387
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Hire Marcus Bentley as the highlights narrator, because without his now iconic voice you'll have lost a major part of BB.
    • CiawomanCiawoman Posts: 167
      Forum Member
      If the did I would like a two strikes and then u are gone

If I housemates complains they want to leave then give then one chance talk to them etc. Second time have a trap door in dairy room chair and they are gone with a new housemate taken in to explain that moaner is gone. There are so many wanting their five minutes of fame why arse lick any of them

If there is signs of fake romance the public should vote that person spends two nights in another room with the public picking who

I could go on and on but will let u decide (just like C4 hasn't) lol
    • jaydeebeejaydeebee Posts: 2,439
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I'd say:

If you ask to leave then change your mind 3 times, you go up for eviction automatically (some people genuinely get upset and want to leave then look back on it)

Live Feed: I think what would be great is if they charged slightly more for LF and then made it so you can choose what you see, selecting cameras from around the house and you can see/hear what that camera is. Probably won't happen, just one of those things I think would be cool :p

Vote to save every other week, so people can get rid of boring people while at the same time can get rid of people they dislike

I'm sure I'll think of more later!
    • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      redex wrote: »
      Hire Marcus Bentley as the highlights narrator, because without his now iconic voice you'll have lost a major part of BB.

Get the guy from Come Dine With Me to do voice overs. I though he was really funny the night he did it :D
    • carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      More all-night tasks please.
    • carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Jelakins wrote: »
      [*]No more disabled housemates!!! :mad:

What about blacks, asians and gays?:rolleyes:
    • Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      BROXI BEAR wrote: »
      I don't want Big Brother to come back. It's had it's day and the tweenies have ruined it.

Hopefully they wont follow us over.....CH5 isnt cool for them :D only channels that have Skins on is cool :D