The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 23)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethereal wrote: »
    Oh yes 2007! No idea how I just came across it.

2007? I think you mean -
    Wednesday, November 1 2017, 07:45 GM
    ;):D

That article is hilarious :D:D:D

And yay uptempo! I forced my sister to watch the DVD (she thinks Leona's okay, lovely voice but boring etc etc) and she said she wishes people saw the OMH/Sweet Dreams Leona. Said the last few songs were the best of the whole DVD and she needs to show that attitude wayyyy more. She also liked that outfit best.

This pretty much represents the general public's view of her and says what we've been saying for a while now. Leona needs to be a bit edgier and fiercer with uptempo songs as well as the midtempos and ballads, (without being slutty or not herself!) I think that black outfit on the tour was perfect for that; looked young and sexy without looking overly sexy or not her :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like we now know what direction the new album is going.

http://www.musicxray.com/interactions/1347/submissions/new

:)

Interesting. Pop covers a bit of everything these days, as long as the songs are not like 'Love Letter' then I'm happy. They should def take a leaf out of Rihanna's book if they want to know how to dominate the pop market. After the under-performance of Rated R her team made sure she came back strong. They meant business that's for sure, no stalling like J. Wasn't L.A. Reid (Rihanna's exec) interested in signing Leona back in 2006 after the X-Factor?

I think we will get the lead single: April 2011 Album: June 2011
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Interesting. Pop covers a bit of everything these days, as long as the songs are not like 'Love Letter' then I'm happy. They should def take a leaf out of Rihanna's book if they want to know how to dominate the pop market. After the under-performance of Rated R her team made sure she came back strong. They meant business that's for sure, no stalling like J. Wasn't L.A. Reid (Rihanna's exec) interested in signing Leona back in 2006 after the X-Factor?

I think we will get the lead single: April 2011 Album: June 2011

I hope for a single before. Two singles are needed the second released with the album and she's got to spend a lot of time in the US alone promoting.

I hope she gets to promote in Germany as well, fan loyalty like she's got in Germany deserves rewarding.
    Two cracking uptempo tracks with great vids please!!!
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a great new years bash everyone.:D

I'm off to Spain till new year.:eek::cool:
  • saxman25osaxman25o Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a great new years bash everyone.:D

I'm off to Spain till new year.:eek::cool:

Have fun! I hope it`s warmer there than here;) happy new year when it arrives :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Just bought the Live album in Sainburys :-D. looking forward to watching it.
  • Cassie..Cassie.. Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    German Album chart

Tw 48 Lw 44 Leona Lewis - Spirit

funny to see Duffys new album 2 places below leona
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd welcome a duet. I have the Hurts album on my iPod and it's quite good. That Theo boy has a decent voice, he sounds like he belongs in the 80's. In a good way!

She'd never become a gothic diva though. Maybe for that one song yes, but the whole era.....can't see it myself. :p

I hoping we get some more news in the new year.
  • saxman25osaxman25o Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gelbma0991 wrote: »

Leona needs to come out in the new era with a FULL ON dark look, hair, fringe,& imitation leathers the works UP tempo and kick arse Songs let em have it ,between the eyes the main difference between todays crap and what Leona delivers is Leona can actually SING
    Leona is quality ,and can always deliver quality her hard core fan base want..
    to be as they say ( relevant) she needs to appeal to the single buying teenies and be played on radio ONE

Leona can do both so Bring it on Leona :D
    Forum Member
    So long as they make sure there are 3 or 4 good singles on the album for radio I don't mind if she does a bit of experimenting.

I don't really want any cheesy indy band covers this time though (Simon Cowell take a hike) and no ballads for the first 2 singles at least.

Anyone know if she's left for the states yet?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,129
    Forum Member
    saxman25o wrote: »
    Leona needs to come out in the new era with a FULL ON dark look, hair, fringe,& imitation leathers the works UP tempo and kick arse Songs let em have it ,between the eyes the main difference between todays crap and what Leona delivers is Leona can actually SING
    to be as they say ( relevant) she needs to appeal to the single buying teenies and be played on radio ONE

Exactly, Leona could do what the likes of Rhianna and Katy Perry do but with sophistication and incredible singing. :D
    Forum Member
    saxman25o wrote: »

Actually I'm not sure if she needs a specific 'image' for album 3. With Echo they had a look especially with the Vivienne Westwood dresses that got a little too samey after a while.

They need to be a little more creative and most importantly dress Leona as a young stylish woman not a 40 something diva.
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd happily welcome a 'dark' Leona, but as long as it's along the sexy dark route - not the slow, overly depressing style dark.

Think G4L by Rihanna dark over Bring Me To Life dark lol.

Although, I'd welcome any Evanescence covers if she went on the live lounge :p Or Stay by Shakespear's Sister. It's crying for Leona to cover it! :D

I actually do think she needs a 'look' or a theme, or concept at least - I actually don't think Echo stood out enough because there wasn't a 'sound' or a 'theme'. There was a mix of Genres, Happy got Vivienne Westwood in the performances, but she just looked like your average joe.
    I'm not saying she does a Gaga and go insane with her outfits, but if she has a certain theme for the album - then stick with that for the performances/appearances.
    Spirit was quite good because she LOOKED like a Pop RnB singer.... you know what I mean?
    Forum Member
    I'd happily welcome a 'dark' Leona, but as long as it's along the sexy dark route - not the slow, overly depressing style dark.

Think G4L by Rihanna dark over Bring Me To Life dark lol.

Although, I'd welcome any Evanescence covers if she went on the live lounge :p Or Stay by Shakespear's Sister. It's crying for Leona to cover it! :D

I actually do think she needs a 'look' or a theme, or concept at least - I actually don't think Echo stood out enough because there wasn't a 'sound' or a 'theme'. There was a mix of Genres, Happy got Vivienne Westwood in the performances, but she just looked like your average joe.
    I'm not saying she does a Gaga and go insane with her outfits, but if she has a certain theme for the album - then stick with that for the performances/appearances.
    Spirit was quite good because she LOOKED like a Pop RnB singer.... you know what I mean?

The Vivienne Westwood thing was just overdone though all the outfits looked so similar. She did have for a while a different look in the USA with the mini skirts and bright lipstick but there was no song to go with it.

Edit: I should also add that she HAD that look for the live performance of IGY on the BBC dancing show, she looked great then, very young and fashionable.

The mistake they've often made is to dress Leona like an over 40's woman, one reason why people have commented on her outfit for OMH/Sweet Dreams on the DVD is it's a young look, that's what they need more than anything, make her look mid 20's not mid 40's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See I TOTALLY disagree with you with the Vivienne Westwood thing, I think it was a fantastic look - the bunny ears was a very overdone look I have to say, because there could have been a lot more of her styles used.

The bright lipstick and mini-dress thing again though was very 'boring', it was an average look and nothing really distinctive about it. She looked pretty and that was about it.

GOOD LOOK:
    http://leonaweb.net/cpg1.4.16/cpg1416/albums/Apparitions/In%20touch%20VMA%20after%20party/12-17.jpg

Okayish Look:
    http://leonaweb.net/cpg1.4.16/cpg1416/albums/Redcarpet/2009/Us%20Weekly%20Hot%20Hollywood%20Event/32.jpg

Her looks as of late have been pretty awesome though, Roberto Cavalli and the dress she wore in Malaysia. That was a pretty awesome look. I'd just like to see her stand out a bit more and people go "WOW, did you see Leona in the paper the other day she looked amazing" - not "Oh, there she is - bet she's bringing out another ballad" - if you know what I mean?

Like Katy Perry has the whole 50s pin up theme going on, but kinda mixed it up with futuristic stuff with the new album. Or Rihanna's thing seems to be her hair. Gaga is her crazy outfits.
    Forum Member
    See I TOTALLY disagree with you with the Vivienne Westwood thing, I think it was a fantastic look - the bunny ears was a very overdone look I have to say, because there could have been a lot more of her styles used.

The bright lipstick and mini-dress thing again though was very 'boring', it was an average look and nothing really distinctive about it. She looked pretty and that was about it.

GOOD LOOK:
    http://leonaweb.net/cpg1.4.16/cpg1416/albums/Apparitions/In%20touch%20VMA%20after%20party/12-17.jpg

Okayish Look:
    http://leonaweb.net/cpg1.4.16/cpg1416/albums/Redcarpet/2009/Us%20Weekly%20Hot%20Hollywood%20Event/32.jpg

Her looks as of late have been pretty awesome though, Roberto Cavalli and the dress she wore in Malaysia. That was a pretty awesome look. I'd just like to see her stand out a bit more and people go "WOW, did you see Leona in the paper the other day she looked amazing" - not "Oh, there she is - bet she's bringing out another ballad" - if you know what I mean?

Like Katy Perry has the whole 50s pin up theme going on, but kinda mixed it up with futuristic stuff with the new album. Or Rihanna's thing seems to be her hair. Gaga is her crazy outfits.

Who did the dress she wore for the Lisbon gig?

The problem with the Westwood dresses was just that, they all did look the same and is that the sort of thing a 24 year old girl would really wear? I'm no fashion expert:D obviously but those dresses didn't seem to suit Leona.

The mini dress stuff was different though and it did get attention in the press, it was different from how she normally looked (the big frock), like I say the IGY performance I thought she looked great.

http://www.anorak.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/sytycd/8325007.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who did the dress she wore for the Lisbon gig?

I think it was another William Tempest dress... I didn't like that at all! I enjoyed her Brits/SALT dresses though.

And see I think that's awful. There's certain things which really suit her and her body shape, but that's not one of them. It kinds makes her look short...

I can imagine her in stuff like this though http://www.williamtempest.com/collection/aw10/

It's very hard to imagine a 'set' look for Leona without hearing what her album is going to be like... If it's how I think it'll be, I imagine dark make-up - fringe cut in with quite messy hair (similar to i-D), and then her dressed being very William Tempest, with harsh shapes and broad shoulders.
    Very sophisticated yet sexy.
    Smokey eyes too :D

http://leonaweb.net/cpg1.4.16/cpg1416/albums/Concerts/2010/Stand%20up%20to%20cancer%20-%20HQ%20Arrivals/DC-Leona_Lewis_20100910-11.jpg

meets

http://leonaweb.net/cpg1.4.16/cpg1416/albums/Photoshoot/2008/EMMA%20SUMMERTON/LEONA%20BY%20EMMA%20SUMMERTON/TR-EMSU-0136.jpg

meets

http://leonaweb.net/cpg1.4.16/cpg1416/albums/Presse/2010/IO%20Donna%20magazine/IMG_7083.jpg
    Forum Member
    I think it was another William Tempest dress... I didn't like that at all! I enjoyed her Brits/SALT dresses though.

And see I think that's awful. There's certain things which really suit her and her body shape, but that's not one of them. It kinds makes her look short...

I can imagine her in stuff like this though http://www.williamtempest.com/collection/aw10/

It's very hard to imagine a 'set' look for Leona without hearing what her album is going to be like... If it's how I think it'll be, I imagine dark make-up - fringe cut in with quite messy hair (similar to i-D), and then her dressed being very William Tempest, with harsh shapes and broad shoulders.
    Very sophisticated yet sexy.
    Smokey eyes too :D

The problem with the big frocks though is they don't allow her to move around easily on stage. I'm hoping now after her tour that we'll see less of her standing at a mic stand and more of a performance and for that she needs a dress that doesn't confine her. I liked her dress for BIT at the AMA's which allowed her to move around the stage, a big frock wouldn't have worked for that at all.

I do like the look she had for the I-D magazine shoot, if we're right that the next album will be more uptempo then I don't think that will suit big dresses, they are for the ballads.

Whatever they go for I want them to make her look her age, not older, PLEASE!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,129
    Forum Member
    What ever happens, this look needs to be used at some point during the next era:

http://leonaweb.net/cpg1.4.16/cpg1416/displayimage.php?pid=26413&fullsize=1

Leona will be edgy, GaGa will be GaGa, Katy will be 50s pinup, Rhianna will have red hair lol. I really believe Leona should have her place among these three leading ladies at the moment and complete the 'quadrilogy.' The look posted above would be perfect for her, it's not in anyway promiscuous, it just shows that Leona is here and she means business. Plus it sort of has like a rock-chick vibe and Leona appears to love rock.
    Forum Member
    Sazaleeno wrote: »
    What ever happens, this look needs to be used at some point during the next era:

http://leonaweb.net/cpg1.4.16/cpg1416/displayimage.php?pid=26413&fullsize=1

Leona will be edgy, GaGa will be GaGa, Katy will be 50s pinup, Rhianna will have red hair lol. I really believe Leona should have her place among these three leading ladies at the moment and complete the 'quadrilogy.' The look posted above would be perfect for her, it's not in anyway promiscuous, it just shows that Leona is here and she means business. Plus it sort of has like a rock-chick vibe and Leona appears to love rock.

Yes I agree, when I first saw that vid at the O2 I really didn't think it was her at first:D, I actually liked her whole attitude in the video, very feisty and she looks YOUNG
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, my family and friends did not listen to my hints about what I wanted for Christmas so I have just bought the DVD for myself. I ordered it yesterday (from Tesco, £7.99) and it arrived this morning.

I was going off to the sales today, but perhaps I'll stay home...

A belated Happy Christmas (is it the fifth day of Christmas today?) to you all and Best Wishes for the New Year to you (and especially to Leona).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with the big frocks though is they don't allow her to move around easily on stage. I'm hoping now after her tour that we'll see less of her standing at a mic stand and more of a performance and for that she needs a dress that doesn't confine her. I liked her dress for BIT at the AMA's which allowed her to move around the stage, a big frock wouldn't have worked for that at all.

I do like the look she had for the I-D magazine shoot, if we're right that the next album will be more uptempo then I don't think that will suit big dresses, they are for the ballads.

Whatever they go for I want them to make her look her age, not older, PLEASE!

I meant the general style, William Tempest uses shapes very well in his designs and I think that's what she needs. Especially with that gorgeous figure she has!

I like her hair in the TDCAU vid I just think it looks a bit flat compared to the i-D hair... backcombing in the way forward hahaa :p
This discussion has been closed.