*The Lady Gaga Appreciation Thread* (Part 11)

Comments

• P1NK-AND-FLUFFYP1NK-AND-FLUFFY Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    MissMusique, yeah she would be worried hehe, bless her lol!
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Any idea when the tour will be released on DVD?
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No i don't know anything about it - will it be separate from what Terry Richardson has been filming? And which dates was it filmed? I would have thought she'd record it in US again, especially if it's being rebooted but not sure...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    It's up in the air whether we're getting a full recording or Terry's docufilm will simply feature performances. It's not been filmed yet in it's entirety.

It's a shame they missed the opportunity to film in the big stadiums, but maybe that implies they aren't doing a proper DVD recording this time...but rather focusing on the docufilm.
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's up in the air whether we're getting a full recording or Terry's docufilm will simply feature performances. It's not been filmed yet in it's entirety.

It's a shame they missed the opportunity to film in the big stadiums, but maybe that implies they aren't doing a proper DVD recording this time...but rather focusing on the docufilm.

Tbh I don't really mind as long as we get something from this tour. It's been too big to not have anything. I'd quite like something like Katy Perry's 'part of me' actually, where it's footage with a few of the live tracks thrown in to balance it out.
    Forum Member
    Tbh I don't really mind as long as we get something from this tour. It's been too big to not have anything. I'd quite like something like Katy Perry's 'part of me' actually, where it's footage with a few of the live tracks thrown in to balance it out.

I have a feeling it's going to be a 'Road to ARTPOP' kind of deal. A film following Gaga's creative process through the tour, the recording of the new album, preparing FAME for launch and general travels/day in the life of.

I'd definitely like performances to feature. I guess it's just a question of how they'd be filmed if Terry is going for single-camera candidness. That might clash a bit with ultra-slick tour footage.
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sure I read somewhere that they filmed it in Paris -- might be wrong though :confused:

Anyhow if you think about it they film every show as it happens anyway to put up on the big screens. It surely wouldn't take a huge leap to edit that footage using sound recorded straight off the mixing desks to make a concert DVD

I'll do it for a substatial fee :)
    Forum Member
    Slojo wrote: »
    I'm sure I read somewhere that they filmed it in Paris -- might be wrong though :confused:

Anyhow if you think about it they film every show as it happens anyway to put up on the big screens. It surely wouldn't take a huge leap to edit that footage using sound recorded straight off the mixing desks to make a concert DVD

I'll do it for a substatial fee :)

I heard something about signs outside a few venues regarding filming, but the cameras inside on those dates were just the standard apparently. They may have been out there in case Terry filmed them from back/onstage?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must say i do dig when gaga evokes some 70s style....the Yoko look looks surprisingly stunning actually and she looks good next to the Stones....You know i have always had this thought of gaga with her own band...you know like if she wanted to retire (not permanantly obviously_ the "gaga" persona a bit and ventured into STefani and/or a different persona with a band perhaps it would be very interesting :cool: :)
    Forum Member
    Must say i do dig when gaga evokes some 70s style....the Yoko look looks surprisingly stunning actually and she looks good next to the Stones....You know i have always had this thought of gaga with her own band...you know like if she wanted to retire (not permanantly obviously_ the "gaga" persona a bit and ventured into STefani and/or a different persona with a band perhaps it would be very interesting :cool: :)

Hmm yeah I honestly think she'd do great as a Debbie Harry/Stevie Nicks type :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Hmm yeah I honestly think she'd do great as a Debbie Harry/Stevie Nicks type :)

My thoughts exactly dahling....i wish SHirley Manson did when she coulda from her "garbage" the same with gwen and "No Doubt" only the reverse obviously :) But it would weRk say if she didnt ant to do this "gaga" stuff for a while (hits 30 and then decides to change it up) i really genuinely think it would work very well.
    Forum Member
    My thoughts exactly dahling....i wish SHirley Manson did when she coulda from her "garbage" the same with gwen and "No Doubt" only the reverse obviously :) But it would weRk say if she didnt ant to do this "gaga" stuff for a while (hits 30 and then decides to change it up) i really genuinely think it would work very well.

Oh yeah! I forgot about Gwen :o

I honestly hope that there's more rock influence on ARTPOP, maybe the more experimental side but I'd like to see something like that, maybe not so much heavy metal that she hinted at on Born This Way but just some badass guitar work :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Oh yeah! I forgot about Gwen :o

I honestly hope that there's more rock influence on ARTPOP, maybe the more experimental side but I'd like to see something like that, maybe not so much heavy metal that she hinted at on Born This Way but just some badass guitar work :cool:

everybody does :(

And personally id love her to mix it up a lot Electrorock angles perhaps? I mean the next step forward from the Industrial/Techno/Metal echoes on Born This Way....actually i adored that mash up on the album bar a few moments...it was way more cohesive....so hopefully some of these 70s influenced sounds can be incorporated into ARTPOP definitely...i mean when people have said/confirmed she is working with ZEDD and the like i just think....omfg all beats and sonics for the sake of clubs rather than clear pace and direction and rhythm and concept you know? I hope that if it is with ZEDD its kept to a minimum....whereas i do think Fernando is a cool guy and really did bring out a lot of the best in her on BTW :) So yeah well up for a mix up again :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gimme Shelter from last night. Some Sunday slayage for y'all:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for that :) Had to go out this morning and have been dieing to get home to see it somewhere

She does great ---- the cat suit is a bit :eek:
    but that's Gaga :D
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am very ready for ARTPOP.
    Forum Member
    That performance was fun. She looked like she enjoyed herself. :p I appreciate that she came as a banshee Beetlejuice, too.

It's going to be fun stanning for her when she's a batshit crazy 60 year old pop legend jamming away on stage. Can't wait.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

At least she did not embarass herself in bra and knickers.!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Found this --- Shows what she was doing backstage before she came on :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6nrnu363TM
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slojo wrote: »
    Found this --- Shows what she was doing backstage before she came on :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6nrnu363TM

Ha ha! She was in her own little world there:D
    Forum Member
    Ok so I got up at 01.45AM this morning to watch The Rolling Stones live on Sky Box Office so I could see Gaga's performance live & was SO worth it even though I feel cream crackered now hehe! I then went back to bed at 04.40AM lol!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bet you had fun Hayes I've watched bits online looked like a hell of a show, Gaga's catsuit was very David Bowie and it was great performance.
    Forum Member
    DJames99 I did thanx hehe, awww her outfit was amazing lol!
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't listened to the whole performance yet but te few minutes I did hear / she sounds absolutely fantastic! Strong vocals, a bit of Jagger moves ;) she should do this type of music more, it suits her voice! She's got the chops and the soul for it ;)