Worst Facebook status updates

Comments

• Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    This child is missing, he was last seen in (insert local place name here). Please like and share to help find him.

People will sink to anything in an attempt to get likes apparently.
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    This child is missing, he was last seen in (insert local place name here). Please like and share to help find him.

:confused:

How do you know that's not real and people are liking and sharing to raise awareness?
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To be honest, by sharing it, arent you doing a public service?

I normally share the local transport updates when the bad weathers around.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    "Luv my man, nibbles <3,".

I really don't want to ask.
  • toyotacitytoyotacity Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

One of my friends has shared a pic of a missing child, and clicking on the persons profile who originally posted the photo, saying her daughter has been missing for 24 hours

Yet this ladies facebook wall is posts from games she's been playing, pictures she's liked and status updates she's commented on

Call my cynical, but surely if your child was missing you wouldn't be on facebook playing games, commenting on others pics or updates
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was in Fortnums a few years back and they had a display of cutlery made out of sticks of wood and silver knives, forks, spoons etc. Because it was 'art' they were going for 2 or 3 thousand pounds each. :eek:
    *empties cutlery drawer*
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    first time ever posted in here but had to share two with you lot, i have read for ages and had many a laugh

*** is doing those disgusting eggy burps. He's smelling out the living room. It's making us heave!!

Hahahahahahaha karma my friend is payin u bak for bein such a nasty **** an thinkin ur betta than everyone else when really ur nothin but a dirty ****! U reep what u sow my friend! :)

:eek: It's a whole other world.
  • mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of mine, again of "Jans still dead" fame, has been constantly showing off on her fb status about how she's a "Happy lady" because she's getting a credit card.
    First we had the updates on how she was applying for one, then updates about how she'd been accepted, then about how she going to spend all the money and she feels rich.

Surely it's not that hard, or exciting, to get a credit card!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    mrsmoose wrote: »
    One of mine, again of "Jans still dead" fame, has been constantly showing off on her fb status about how she's a "Happy lady" because she's getting a credit card.
    First we had the updates on how she was applying for one, then updates about how she'd been accepted, then about how she going to spend all the money and she feels rich.

Give her a couple of months and she'll be posting about the evil card company demanding the money back.
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give her a couple of months and she'll be posting about the evil card company demanding the money back.
    Sure she will :D

I'm never getting a credit card & I'm already 23 :eek:
  • Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well I was offered a credit card as soon as I made a current account at 18 so I don't see it being an 'application' as such. Though people should be tested in basic interest rates and repayments understanding.

The impression I get, and maybe I'm being too judgemental (a DS member judgemental? Never :p), is she's going to struggle to pay back what she owes.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member

Mmm, has anyone pointed out to her that a credit card is not the same as a gift card and that a credit limit is really not the same as a gift card's value?
  • mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently she's had one before so I don't know why she's bragging about being "a happy lady". She wants to buy a matress with the money, she was getting one before but didn't, and she updated her status about that, "About to purchase a matress, Eeeeek".

I think she loves to create drama where there obviously isn't any!:confused::rolleyes:
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    toyotacity wrote: »
    One of my friends has shared a pic of a missing child, and clicking on the persons profile who originally posted the photo, saying her daughter has been missing for 24 hours

Yet this ladies facebook wall is posts from games she's been playing, pictures she's liked and status updates she's commented on

Call my cynical, but surely if your child was missing you wouldn't be on facebook playing games, commenting on others pics or updates

I'm sure I saw this and thought the same as you. Her wall was full of posts about games.
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Baby bear has done 3 wee wees in her potty today!! #ProudMummyAndDaddy

:yawn:
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member

Maybe it is fake by the person it originally came from but I think most people who shared it genuinely thought they were trying to help find a missing child
  • ToxicBlossomToxicBlossom Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    Baby bear has done 3 wee wees in her potty today!! #ProudMummyAndDaddy

:yawn:

Funnily enough I've just read a status from a girl who I used to go to school with who has now had her second child, writing a generic and boring baby update, then a person with *first name* ProudMummy *surname* has liked it :rolleyes:

I mean I don't have anything against people wanting to have children quite young (the majority of the people I went to school with now have children, 22/23 age bracket) but honestly, everyone is at it now! I mean don't they have any aspirations or dreams for themselves before they start to settle down when their lives has barely begun to take off?! Boggles the mind.

I also can't ABIDE people my age or older who can't spell for sh*t and have p*ss poor grammar! Another girl I went to school with also has two kids and her spelling and grammar are HORRENDOUS! Her kids have no hope of doing well with their English homework when she spells 'what' as 'wat' and 'better' as 'beta'. God she's a chav of the highest order.

Also seeing a large number of photos popping up now on my newsfeed with a sick baby as the main subject or another ill person or child with a caption such as this one, "Please Don't Ignore! He needs your prayers badly :'(

May God heal him
    Type "Amen" if u have heart
    1 Like = 1 Pray
    1 Share = 2 Prays
    1 Comment = 3 Prays

This will be ignored only by those.. Who don't have a heart... :/"

I mean I feel sympathy of course for the sick children and baby in those photos but how will sharing, commenting, or liking the picture make him/her any better?! Only medical science can do that. But of course I'm heartless for not sharing the picture on a social networking site that will do sweet FA for the child anyway :rolleyes:

Facebook annoys me 90% of the time, don't even know why I still have my account tbh. But threads like this make it all hilarious and worthwhile :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mookyboy wrote: »
    Somebody I know a few weeks ago posted a comment "does anyone know if the buses are running from X to y today?". Instead of posting it on Facebook - why didn't they just bloody Google the bus company and timetables!! It's beyond me sometimes with people thinking Facebook is there to solve all of life's problems, when it makes things even more awkward!

I'm a wind up merchant so when people post things like this I always post a link to Let Me Google That For You.

http://bit.ly/14RbgCY

At the moment, the posts that are annoying me are those 'Name a word that begins with A and ends with E - I bet you can't!' posts. And then about 2000 people post comments with words, proving they can.

It's moronic.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another girl I went to school with also has two kids and her spelling and grammar are HORRENDOUS![...]she spells 'what' as 'wat' and 'better' as 'beta'.

That is pretty good spelling compared to some of the status updates shared in this thread!
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Constantly using text language / abbriviations gets me!

If I wanted to crack code, I wouldve joined MI5!
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a wind up merchant so when people post things like this I always post a link to Let Me Google That For You.

At the moment, the posts that are annoying me are those 'Name a word that begins with A and ends with E - I bet you can't!' posts. And then about 2000 people post comments with words, proving they can.

It's moronic.

That link was brilliant!!
  • Scarlett FeverScarlett Fever Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

agreed,,,, i try and research any of those, am some get through, I'm still getting crap about horses being killed if no one claims them!
  • JonahTakaluaJonahTakalua Posts: 2,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get all my status updates I post on here from one lunatic friend of a friend of a friend who I had the misfortune of being on a night out with a while ago. There is always some drama going on or she's getting drunk to "take her mind off everything". Last night was one of those drunken nights.

"fookin men, whining pratts is all I will say"

"tosser is all I will say"

cue the replies...

"im a great tosser, my pancake tossed all the way over and landed perfectly lmao"
    "just a certain someone haha"
    "who hun?"
    "i will ring you tomorrow when I'm not so pissed off lmao"
    "ok hun"
  • Scarlett FeverScarlett Fever Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's moronic.

How do you do that???????

i have just scrolled through my FB friends trying to find a bloody hoax - can i find one now??? no i cant!!!
  • rehab_101rehab_101 Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've someone that puts lol at the end of nearly all status updates or pictures they upload.
    Picture of breakfast, comment 'breakfast lol;
    Picture of a new heating timer (yes, seriously), comment 'new heater timer lol'
    'Just having a cup a soup lol'

Gah!!
This discussion has been closed.