Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• LilaethLilaeth Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmabelle wrote: »
    I'm disabled (although not d/Deaf) and writers who start speaking for disabled for disabled people really bug me.

Not only does she clearly not have a clue about hearing impairments in general, did Nic really learn ESL "quickly"?

I also feel a lot less mean for not being the only person to pick up on the famous person and anorexia hospital admission.

Indeed, Emmabelle - I spent a year trying to learn BSL, paid for by my then employer, and it was not easy. At least I had problems with it! I can still do the alphabet, mind you. Maybe I'm underestimating Nic. And if Liz is 'profoundly deaf' why hasn't she started learning it too??

I feel sorry for this chap, especially in light of Lord HaHa's input. Nic seems to be as objectionable as her 'employer' or whatever they are to each other

I could almost wish someone would get bitten by Jones' wretched dogs, and take her to the cleaners over it!
  • flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lilaeth wrote: »
    Indeed, Emmabelle - I spent a year trying to learn BSL, paid for by my then employer, and it was not easy. At least I had problems with it! I can still do the alphabet, mind you. Maybe I'm underestimating Nic. And if Liz is 'profoundly deaf' why hasn't she started learning it too??

I feel sorry for this chap, especially in light of Lord HaHa's input. Nic seems to be as objectionable as her 'employer' or whatever they are to each other

I could almost wish someone would get bitten by Jones' wretched dogs, and take her to the cleaners over it!

Poor dogs, that would be a death sentence.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know, but to be honest, if they are that wild and out of control, they're dangerous. At the very least they should be taken away from her.
  • flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lilaeth wrote: »
    I know, but to be honest, if they are that wild and out of control, they're dangerous. At the very least they should be taken away from her.

That would break her heart, she loves those dogs. She is such a busy woman, she hasn't enough time to look after them properly. She should wait until she retires before she gets anymore animals.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she doesn't have time to look after them, even more reason to take them away, train them and find them homes where they will get the love and attention they need. They are living creatures in their own right - not just toys for this idiot to pick up and put down when she feels like it. The way things are going, they could find themselves being shot for sheep worrying, which is what happened to a dog who lived near me, and whose owner didn't have enough time to take care of it. It bit several people then got out and moved on to sheep. And a farmer shot it. Her dogs already have previous for sheep-worrying. Or should we wait until they maul a child?
  • amikolaichekamikolaichek Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nic is as much of a 'behaviourist' as I am. She's a Bach Flower 'practitioner' and buys books on dog trainng off Amazon.

It's fairly plain to spot Jones's Empire Building sub-story here... it amuses me that she has no idea what she is taking on. Jamie is very well connected, had admitted he misread the situation and apologised fulsomely. End of story for anyone normal. But not Jones (despite the fact she wasn't involved AT ALL). Now we will have weeks of 'pooor meeeeeeee, why I have I been shunned? What will I do with the poor horsies?" as she realises she will have no access to feed, land, services.

Anyone who chooses to can review the court actions she lost in Dulverton about unpaid bills... there's sure to be more to come...

While it was obviously very unpleasant for Nic, having the man paying all that unwelcome attention to her, I consider it outrageous that Jones uses the Mail on Sunday to vilify him in the way she has, albeit wrapped up in some 'concern' about him. I feel sorry for the guy - talk about taking a sledge hammer to crack a nut. I reckon that this will NOT go down well with the village. And serve her bloody well right. What's the betting on further Drearies, opinion pieces about 'poor me, everyone hates me here, what did I DOOOOOOOO?' Yes, definitely a pattern there ... wonder where she'll move to next?

Awful woman
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While it was obviously very unpleasant for Nic, having the man paying all that unwelcome attention to her, I consider it outrageous that Jones uses the Mail on Sunday to vilify him in the way she has, albeit wrapped up in some 'concern' about him. I feel sorry for the guy - talk about taking a sledge hammer to crack a nut. I reckon that this will NOT go down well with the village. And serve her bloody well right. What's the betting on further Drearies, opinion pieces about 'poor me, everyone hates me here, what did I DOOOOOOOO?' Yes, definitely a pattern there ... wonder where she'll move to next?

Awful woman

I wish she'd come and live near me. But we're not posh enough for her! :D
  • PolominiPolomini Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just looked at this and I have to say for a million-pound house it's got a really crappy little galley kitchen. You'd have to walk sideways along it! Maybe that's what Liz meant when she says she hasn't got a kitchen...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Polomini wrote: »
    Just looked at this and I have to say for a million-pound house it's got a really crappy little galley kitchen. You'd have to walk sideways along it! Maybe that's what Liz meant when she says she hasn't got a kitchen...

You are absolutely right... it';s gopping! From what I recall, she's having a kitchen/diner put in on the LG floor.
    Forum Member

Awful woman

A rudimentary trawl of FB shows that Nic and Jamie were friends and spent a deal of time together at his and in public. A particularly telling pic shows a couple of mates messing around with a huge inflatable cock. Can you guess who 'liked' this pic?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just idly speculating ... do you suppose that Nic is totally happy with Jones writing about her in such detail - contemplating suicide etc? I'd be LIVID, frankly.
  • newbabynewbaby Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just idly speculating ... do you suppose that Nic is totally happy with Jones writing about her in such detail - contemplating suicide etc? I'd be LIVID, frankly.

Don't think that's idle speculation at all. I've been thinking the same thing.
  • SeabirdSeabird Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the leniency of the judge's verdict and the small fine is very telling. Having suffered stalking myself I have every sympathy and I don't believe stalking is taken as seriously as it is should be, but I can't help thinking all that really mattered to Liz was that she would get a headline article out of it even though she isn't the primary victim. I loathe to give anyone with stalking tendencies the benefit of the doubt but Liz has cried wolf so many times I tend to think that there may be more to this story than is being revealed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think most normal people would be livid, wouldn't they? Even in this world of everyone wanting to be famous for being famous, Liz just goes way too far in her writing.
  • newbabynewbaby Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seabird wrote: »
    I think the leniency of the judge's verdict and the small fine is very telling. Having suffered stalking myself I have every sympathy and I don't believe stalking is taken as seriously as it is should be, but I can't help thinking all that really mattered to Liz was that she would get a headline article out of it even though she isn't the primary victim. I loathe to give anyone with stalking tendencies the benefit of the doubt but Liz has cried wolf so many times I tend to think that there may be more to this story than is being revealed.

Absolutely agree. Whilst not condoning stalking in any way, I think in this case there are things which were not made apparent in court because the chap in question gave a guilty plea and showed contrition. The magistrate, by giving a (I think) conditional discharge, was using the minimum at his/her disposal, because of the guilty plea/contrition/probably character references. Giving a guilty plea is not the easy option because of not taking the matter seriously yourself, and "yeah, I'll say guilty, get a fine and that's that": there are other factors which would have been considered by JC's solicitor and, probably, family - aggressive questioning of a vulnerable person springs to mind. I don't think it was a fine, though: costs plus some sort of levy? Might be wrong about that: mind is flu-fogged...

Again, I'm not condoning any activities which frighten/threaten. However, I do feel there is a most unpleasant whiff to the whole thing. And Liz Jones taking to a national newspaper about it, and assuming the mantle of victim-by-association, was reprehensible. And ill-judged. Particularly by giving so many details about her employee (assistant? whatever). But if done with Nic's blessing and they're colluding in this thoroughly distasteful fandango (after the court case, I hasten to add), then heaven help up all.

I imagine the grazing agreement has been cancelled.
  • Rubbish NameRubbish Name Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, she has turned a local story about someone who is clearly very vulnerable into a national story, just so she can settle some personal score. Was that really necessary?

It is the Lizard Way. How many people has she done thisto now? Only people who have no right of reply though, look what happened when she had a go at Rhianna!

Also, I wish we could set this as the background photo for this thread like you can on facebook :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    newbaby wrote: »
    Absolutely agree. Whilst not condoning stalking in any way, I think in this case there are things which were not made apparent in court because the chap in question gave a guilty plea and showed contrition. The magistrate, by giving a (I think) conditional discharge, was using the minimum at his/her disposal, because of the guilty plea/contrition/probably character references. Giving a guilty plea is not the easy option because of not taking the matter seriously yourself, and "yeah, I'll say guilty, get a fine and that's that": there are other factors which would have been considered by JC's solicitor and, probably, family - aggressive questioning of a vulnerable person springs to mind. I don't think it was a fine, though: costs plus some sort of levy? Might be wrong about that: mind is flu-fogged...

Again, I'm not condoning any activities which frighten/threaten. However, I do feel there is a most unpleasant whiff to the whole thing. And Liz Jones taking to a national newspaper about it, and assuming the mantle of victim-by-association, was reprehensible. And ill-judged. Particularly by giving so many details about her employee (assistant? whatever). But if done with Nic's blessing and they're colluding in this thoroughly distasteful fandango (after the court case, I hasten to add), then heaven help up all.

I imagine the grazing agreement has been cancelled.

Well said, Newbaby. Her feature was totally distasteful - a vulnerable man, now traduced in a national newspaper, all for the sake of Jones's quid per word 'journalism' (or whatever she charges now). And remember, she wasn't actually the victim. Nic was. Though to read the piece, embellished with loads of photos of Jones, you'd be forgiven to thinking it was all about her.

Maybe she wrote that nasty piece with Nic's blessing, or maybe not . If not, look out for further Drearies on 'My Employee Has Betrayed Me ...'blah, poor me, blah blah ... why does everyone betray me ... blah blah ...'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In many ways the Sad-Face article trivialises stalking. Liz deliberately seeks to attract controversy for column fodder and I'm sure she must have had a few fruit loops tracking her down in the past or obsessed fans wanting to see her animals and be her BFF. So allowing photos of her home and details of the location to be splashed all over a newspaper and website is the last thing most private and security conscious people would do (if only for Nic's sake). Liz famously claimed she had her letter box shot at a previous property, again, it helped to fill up a column.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    In many ways the Sad-Face article trivialises stalking. Liz deliberately seeks to attract controversy for column fodder and I'm sure she must have had a few fruit loops tracking her down in the past or obsessed fans wanting to see her animals and be her BFF. So allowing photos of her home and details of the location to be splashed all over a newspaper and website is the last thing most private and security conscious people would do (if only for Nic's sake). Liz famously claimed she had her letter box shot at a previous property, again, it helped to fill up a column.

It's an odd juxtaposition when you consider how our Liz has been salivating over the 50 Shades of de-Grey-ding film lately in the Mail.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Perhaps it's part of that enormous struggle to continue to be/seem/feel relevant, otherwise how else does one keep that big fat pay cheque rolling in. Especially with all the younger hungry whippersnappers at her heels - and I don't mean her dogs - the Bricks, the Hopkins and anyone else who fancies a piece of the action.
    Can quite see how those edge of the seat chest pains she talks about turning up at the thought of: now what do I write about, is there anything left to plounder.
  • Suzy_CatSuzy_Cat Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odds on a Dreary Entry talking about Vile Trolls finding her address on the internet, mocking her galley kitchen and making light of her BFF employee's ordeal at the hands of a crazy in the next few weeks? Pretty high I'd say. How dreadful and malicious we are. After all it's not as if Liz handed this information to us on a pla- oh, wait.
  • Suzy_CatSuzy_Cat Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In other news it's a gorgeous home. I can just see the Baker dropping **** ash all over those cream carpets. I'm convinced he does a lot of stuff to wind her up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone remember Liz stalking her vet, a very happily married man (or MM as she covertly calls him, see what she did there?). Not only did she waste his valuable professional time by using her animals as an excuse to see him but naturally she details her obsession all over the diary, causing humilation to him and his wife. If anyone had just cause to take legal action it was this poor man.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-1203964/LIZ-JONES-In-MM-calls-me.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone remember Liz stalking her vet, a very happily married man (or MM as she covertly calls him, see what she did there?). Not only did she waste his valuable professional time by using her animals as an excuse to see him but naturally she details her obsession all over the diary, causing humilation to him and his wife. If anyone had just cause to take legal action it was this poor man.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-1203964/LIZ-JONES-In-MM-calls-me.html

Yes, but she's allowed. The rules that ordinary mortals live by don't count, where she's concerned! ;-)
    Forum Member
    Suzy_Cat wrote: »
    Odds on a Dreary Entry talking about Vile Trolls finding her address on the internet, mocking her galley kitchen and making light of her BFF employee's ordeal at the hands of a crazy in the next few weeks? Pretty high I'd say. How dreadful and malicious we are. After all it's not as if Liz handed this information to us on a pla- oh, wait.

What? You mean this house...? http://www.zoopla.co.uk/property-history/lawn-house/low-row/richmond/dl11-6nq/15589839