paula 11 (+1)
    randy 5 (-1)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    Simon 24 +1
    Paula 10 -1
    Randy 5

I don't have a preference between Paula and Randy ... I just wanted to add one for Simon!

Edited to say, we lost a number at Jewels501's post and I think it should now be
    Simon 25
    Paula 10
    Randy 5
  • Options
    Jewels501Jewels501 Posts: 26,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry - I can't count, got too excited at deleting Kara again!:D
  • Options
    footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,212
    Forum Member
    Simon 24
    Paula 11 +1
    Randy 4-1
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Simon 25 +1
    Paula 11
    Randy 3 - 1
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon 25
    Paula 12 [+]
    Randy 2 [-]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon 26 (+1)
    Paula 12
    Randy 1 (-1)
  • Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Simon 27 (+1)
    Paula 12
    Randy 0 (-1)

I got to kill Randy! Whoooooooo! :D The world is good, "dawg"!

Kara, as lame as she is, doesn't draw my hate the way this incoherent boob does.
  • Options
    linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon 26 -1
    Paula 13 +1

Randy and Kara - see ya!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Simon 28 +1
    Paula 12 -1
  • Options
    linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    holly28 wrote: »
    Simon 28 +1
    Paula 12 -1

Holly, you've boosted Simon's ego far too much :p

He should be on 27 now :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    linnylou wrote: »
    Holly, you've boosted Simon's ego far too much :p

He should be on 27 now :)

I was just restoring the 1 that he lost earlier in the thread ... it should add up to 40. Simon's ego doesn't need the boost!!
  • Options
    ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does it not surprise me that the judges this forum would keep are the two that know least about music? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Christa wrote: »
    Why does it not surprise me that the judges this forum would keep are the two that know least about music? :rolleyes:

because we know enough about music to make our own minds up, and therefore want to keep the most entertaining judges :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,062
    Forum Member
    Simon 29 +1
    Paula 11 -1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    holly28 wrote: »
    because we know enough about music to make our own minds up, and therefore want to keep the most entertaining judges :rolleyes:
    Clearly not. And I fail to see how Paula talking absolute nonsense is in any way entertaining.

Simon talks a lot of sense in terms of the music business, but without Randy & Kara he'd be sunk.
  • Options
    TourmTourm Posts: 1,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon 30
    Paula 10
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Simon 31 +1
    Paula 9 -1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Paula is a drugged up idiot, but to be fair she technically has as much or more musical experience as Randy and Kara.

Kara knows songwriting. But this isn't a songwriting contest. And Randy? Knows how to play bass and namedrop.

From an A&R standpoint, Simon and Randy are both coming from roughly the same place though--both having been record company executives at one point.

Really none of this has to do with "who's stood up on a stage and sung before". If that was the standard NONE of them would be up to Paula's level. She's got that... and yet is also an idiot. And its not about songwriting, because Kara has that... and is an idiot. Or being a record exec, because Randy has that... and is an idiot. It's about who seems to be best able to get past the nonsense. And that's usually Simon, although to be fair, at times he spouts an awful lot of that too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon - 32 (+1)
    Paula - 8 (-1)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,062
    Forum Member
    Simon - 33 (+1)
    Paula - 7 (-1)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Simon - 34 (+1)
    Paula - 6 (-1) [Sorry, Paula!]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kromm wrote: »
    Paula is a drugged up idiot, but to be fair she technically has as much or more musical experience as Randy and Kara.

Kara knows songwriting. But this isn't a songwriting contest. And Randy? Knows how to play bass and namedrop.

From an A&R standpoint, Simon and Randy are both coming from roughly the same place though--both having been record company executives at one point.

Really none of this has to do with "who's stood up on a stage and sung before". If that was the standard NONE of them would be up to Paula's level. She's got that... and yet is also an idiot. And its not about songwriting, because Kara has that... and is an idiot. Or being a record exec, because Randy has that... and is an idiot. It's about who seems to be best able to get past the nonsense. And that's usually Simon, although to be fair, at times he spouts an awful lot of that too.
    I agree it's not about who has sung on a stage. It's simple: Paula does not have either the musicality or the technical knowledge of music that Kara & Randy do. Kara is a singer as well as a song-writer. Paula is just a girl with an ok voice who got lucky. You don't need to be able to sight-read to be a pop singer if you can learn it by ear. Having studied music for 23 years, I think the difference between Randy & Kara on the one hand and Paula on the other is marked. They're hardly Vengerov, Kissin but they're a hell of a lot more musically literate than Paula.

The rest of the post is strangely aggressive. If you feel that way why not just switch off?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree it's not about who has sung on a stage. It's simple: Paula does not have either the musicality or the technical knowledge of music that Kara & Randy do. Kara is a singer as well as a song-writer. Paula is just a girl with an ok voice who got lucky. You don't need to be able to sight-read to be a pop singer if you can learn it by ear. Having studied music for 23 years, I think the difference between Randy & Kara on the one hand and Paula on the other is marked. They're hardly Vengerov, Kissin but they're a hell of a lot more musically literate than Paula.

The rest of the post is strangely aggressive. If you feel that way why not just switch off?
    Because Simon is not an idiot.

Plus, you know, the show also includes about 12 or so people who AREN'T idiot judges (or the lone non-idiot judge). Could be possible I'm watching for THEM too. And following your suggestion might interfere with that.