Freddie Starr gets married

Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Words fail me.
This Sophie sounds a bit of a piece of work, leaving her child to shack up with an old, fat has been comic.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2270248/BREAKING-NEWS-Freddie-Starr-marries-fiancee-year-romance-low-key-wedding.html

Comments

• Becky SharpeBecky Sharpe Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crikey - hope it was worth it. I don't envy her on any level!
  • MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Words fail me.
    This Sophie sounds a bit of a piece of work, leaving her child to shack up with an old, fat has been comic.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2270248/BREAKING-NEWS-Freddie-Starr-marries-fiancee-year-romance-low-key-wedding.html

Call me cynical - but he looks like he hasn't got long left!
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MadMoo40 wrote: »

Perhaps she's hoping for a cut of his 'fortune' when he goes off to join the Choir Invisible?? ;)
  • davidnumendavidnumen Posts: 1,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny when talking about the allegations about Starr on "This Morning" she kind of gave the impression they'd been friends for years yet according to that article they met just over 3 years ago...hmmm.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so tomorrows headlines will be :-

'Freddie Starr Ate My Beaver!' :D
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They look like a father a daughter!
  • Becky SharpeBecky Sharpe Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    error - sorry :o
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    so tomorrows headlines will be :-

'Freddie Starr Ate My Beaver!' :D

So wrong. So funny! :D
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    They look like a father a daughter!

Grandfather and grand daughter.

He has not aged well.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A PR move, due to his recent travails?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Warms the cockles of your heart doesn't it?:rolleyes:

Pregnant as well ( I know, don't have nightmares!).:D
  • CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    Reminds me of those obese old western men who marry young Thai girls - grotesque.
  • MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A PR move, due to his recent travails?

A bad PR move - Man under suspicion of liking underage girls marries someone young enough to be his grandaughter !!
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Before he gets banged up or dies :p
  • BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FS looks like Pat Butcher in that photo, wonder if that's the look he was going for:o
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You're not cynical, I think the same thing. He is not a well looking man at all. What is in it for her do you think....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if Des O'Connor can marry someone 37 years younger, why not?
    I don't think Freddy should be placed in the same group as Savile and others who have messed with little kids, including ones in care. It's wrong for the papers to say that someone has been arrested by the 'Savile Police', when what they've done is touch a woman's bum (DLT). Freddy has been accused of trying to grope a 14 year old girl, who may have looked 16, (see pic http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/freddie-starr-admits-he-did-meet-karin-1368383 ) when he was 31. If he did, he shouldn't have but it doesn't make him a kiddy fiddler.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when he did Wife Swap and he had a much younger wife then. They had a young baby as well.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're not cynical, I think the same thing. He is not a well looking man at all. What is in it for her do you think....

£££££££££££££££££££££££s and yes i am cynical.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    I don't think Freddy should be placed in the same group as Savile and others who have messed with little kids, including ones in care. It's wrong for the papers to say that someone has been arrested by the 'Savile Police', when what they've done is touch a woman's bum (DLT). Freddy has been accused of trying to grope a 14 year old girl, who may have looked 16, (see pic http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/freddie-starr-admits-he-did-meet-karin-1368383 ) when he was 31. If he did, he shouldn't have but it doesn't make him a kiddy fiddler.

How I hate that expression 'kiddy fiddler'. :p:p It makes it sound like abuse is some sort of perverted 'joke'.

Des O'Connor isn't in the same position that Starr's in, in that Starr allegedly groped a 14 year old girl. Marrying a girl half his age when he's implicated in that kind of conduct doesn't look good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £££££££££££££££££££££££s and yes i am cynical.:D

I doubt he has that much money any more. Before the article I posted in the OP was changed, it said he's been trying to sell his house, so he must be in want of cash.

When he was on Wife Swap, IIRC it said he was doing 20 odd gigs a year - hardly bringing the cash rolling in.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,804
    Forum Member
    Des O'Connor isn't in the same position that Starr's in, in that Starr allegedly groped a 14 year old girl. Marrying a girl half his age when he's implicated in that kind of conduct doesn't look good.

If an alledged incident took place 38 years earlier and the victim says they are 54 that would have made them 16 rather 14?

A minor point but of some relevance.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,804
    Forum Member
    Fizgig wrote: »
    I don't think Freddy should be placed in the same group as Savile and others who have messed with little kids, including ones in care. It's wrong for the papers to say that someone has been arrested by the 'Savile Police', when what they've done is touch a woman's bum (DLT). Freddy has been accused of trying to grope a 14 year old girl, who may have looked 16.

I think she looked 16, because she was 16.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Desperate man doing a desperate thing to make himself look like a normal down to earth guy who is being picked on because he got caught for lying and he has been accused of a sexual crime.

Marrying someone young enough to be your granddaughter makes his situation even worst, silly old fool.
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    70 year old man weds a 31 year old woman ... Good luck to them both.