The Big Holby City Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    Nah I thought it was leading to Zosia being run over at the end, not at the hands to Mr T that is. I must be one of the few who has not minded Zosia losing her mind storyline; I blame the father most in all this, he just couldnt admit and was scared that everyone would think different of him or his daughter he let it go on for too long. Hopefully Zosia gets better now, and Mr.Self actually looks after her. I mean that was so stupid of him last night telling her to met him down at his car, he should have stayed with her.

Bye to Amy I guess, she got what she always wanted, a baby. I still dont get how Raf is still working after what he did to Harry.

Mr T should just give up on Mo, she clearly does not give a flying f about him
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mo wanted the delectable Mr T last year, why has she changed her mind? He is delightful.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mo wanted the delectable Mr T last year, why has she changed her mind? He is delightful.

I agree, hopefully he will find someone else and she will realize she missed the boat
  • masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member

She did? I remember it being a one way thing. Until this episode I was actually unaware she knew of his feelings for her. Maybe I missed some episodes
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,738
    Forum Member
    I don't understand what the point of the Raf/Amy/Harry story was? Seriously, I feel like I've missed something important, as no way would they devise a long running storyline that ultimately is pointless - right? ;-) Harry has not really developed as a character at all from this story, while Amy has gotten the baby she always wanted, and is now swanning off to Singapore for some random reason. Awful sums it up.

The quad is another storyline that goes around in circles. Mr T like Mo, but Mo like Jesse, who likes her sister Adele - we get it; it's boring. Someone said that T & Mo sometimes have chemistry and sometimes they don't, and this is very true. I hope they develop Mr T and Mo further, and move Mo into a place where she can see past T's exterior and realize that underneath it all, he's her ideal guy. I guess she'll probably realize that idealism and love don't always go together.

I hope this is the end of Zosia's storyline - or at least this portion of it. I love long running stories, but not ones that have too many moments that defies belief. They are all doctors, dealing with a wide range of patients with mental health issues (from time-to-time), so how come no-one was able to spot that Zosia was mentally ill at all? Sacha for one. And why did everyone just allow Zosia to run free throughout the wards? Anyone else notice that Arthur and Guy were the only ones who cared enough to chase Zosia all over the hospital? Dom didn't bother to leave the party, and everyone else just ignored her.
  • crunchie crispcrunchie crisp Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    I agree, hopefully he will find someone else and she will realize she missed the boat

I hope so, have kind of went off Mo since her radio show, got a wee bit full of herself , Mr T deserves better :)
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    masterquan wrote: »
    She did? I remember it being a one way thing. Until this episode I was actually unaware she knew of his feelings for her. Maybe I missed some episodes

Last Christmas when Marge was last in it and Mr T dressed up as an elf. Mo was gonna make a move then he got asked out on a date by Marges grandaughter ( i think).
    Mo always liked Mr T.
  • cloverclover Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat1985 wrote: »
    I think I'm the only person who thinks the long running storyline with zosia is justified. These things don't clear up overnight. I do think that her colleagues are somewhat blinkered for not noticing or mentioning anything before.

I agree with you. I think Zosia's illness has been brilliantly portrayed. Her father being CEO, and being the kind of person he is, has meant that it wasn't dealt with in the same way that another staff member would have been dealt with. It's all been about Selfie being in denial, and then not wanting it to harm Zosia's career. Everyone else has covered it up because they were scared of Selfie.

There was an episode last Christmas where Mo decided Mr T was the man for her (the one where he dressed as an elf, the last time Margie appeared), but he got himself another date before she had the chance to ask him.

This week's episode review is here
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not the length of the SL that I object to, it's the fact that this girl has been clearly troubled for some time and no-one has seen it. Sacha should have realised something was very wrong a long, long time ago.

It beggars belief that Digby and Dom could have covered for her all this time and also how Self could let her loose on patients knowing that she was unstable. My sympathies are with Zosia in this, her own father has let her down very badly, not to mention the hospital of which he is supposed to be in charge.

Yes, I agree with all of this. Everybody's been covering up for her and harming her in the process.
  • LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And yes definitely Mr T is perfect for Mo. I'm hoping they get together at Christmas time :-)

Until last night I'd have agreed with you. However, now I've seen his dreadful dancing, I've changed my mind!

He's a great character though, I like him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    I thought maybe Mr T would have finally got his car started and run Secret Escapes down

That was the prediction in the Lakie household, too. Although Mr Lakie did wonder if a Smart car might come off worse if it hit a fully grown adult.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm always impressed by her find it hard to see how you cannot (not you in particular)

I thought she played the mad stuff very well, and I've had quite a bit of experience of people in the manic phase of BPD.

Even the storyline had a familiar resonance. The first time my brother was sectioned, one of his delusions was that an older man he worked with was our long-lost grandfather, despite the fact that he was about 40 years too young.
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will jac be leaving forever when she goes off
  • Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite pleased that they didn't use Mr T to run Zosia over. Although I was almost expecting it.

It would have been too hard on the character of Mr T; he really is too nice to be a drunk driver and all of the associated crap that s with it.

Although it would have made a new storyline as he goes through the emotional turmoil.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    BIB: I wonder whether we'll still see Harry vs. Raf or they'll be civilised - like in the first scene tonight.

I do wonder where they'll take Harry now. He's now going to have a child that he doesn't see. I really hope what he's going to be feeling will be shown. He'll either go back to his womanising ways to try and blot it all out or he'll change in another way.

Probably go back to womanising ways! Maybe Marie Claire?

I was hoping they could stick Harry on another ward to interact with some different characters but I if he stays on AAU I hope it will be a civilised relationship with Raf.

I also hope Rik will be back soon
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And at exactly the time you posted this I switched off, 😧

I nearly did tbh. It was so painful to watch!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LakieLady wrote: »
    Until last night I'd have agreed with you. However, now I've seen his dreadful dancing, I've changed my mind!

He's a great character though, I like him.

Yeah the dancing was pretty bad!
  • EMLEML Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Pretty sure that was an electric car (which i can totally believe Mr T would have) and wasn't charged enough to start. Poor, poor Mr T. Trust Jonny to f+++ it up - screwing up his own relationships wasn't enough obviously. So he didn't know that Jesse was more interested in Adele, he didn't need to get Mo to cut it short that night.

It was a Smart car... I've got one. They're semi automatic and sometimes if you don't go through the right sequence putting it in first gear the thing won't move (you have to go back to neutral, brake, sometimes lock and unlock and start again).

I do love Mr T and I too think he is too good for Mo (I love Mo, but I think she'd maybe go out with him and then leave him heartbroken when a better offer came along).
  • wiggles247wiggles247 Posts: 48,088
    Forum Member
    Probably go back to womanising ways! Maybe Marie Claire?

I was hoping they could stick Harry on another ward to interact with some different characters but I if he stays on AAU I hope it will be a civilised relationship with Raf.

I also hope Rik will be back soon

Your wish is Holby's command............
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wiggles247 wrote: »
    Your wish is Holby's command............

Be still my beating heart, was that Ollie in the clip with Elliot? I have so missed Ollie, and to have Elliot and Ric too, wonderful! AND without Ollies obnoxious and annoying g/f, sheer heaven.
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I nearly did tbh. It was so painful to watch!

Had a restless night so just finished watching the rest of it, dear god it's descending into surreality and close to Sunset Beach territory.

Kent has down a Kirkwood/Marquess on Holby/Casualty.😡
  • Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will jac be leaving forever when she goes off
    It would have been fitting if Derwood had got the car into gear and Jac just happened to be the one he mowed down.
    It wouldn't be the first time a popular woman of Holby went to meet her maker in unexpected, untimely circumstances
  • Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Pretty sure that was an electric car (which i can totally believe Mr T would have) and wasn't charged enough to start. Poor, poor Mr T. Trust Jonny to f+++ it up - screwing up his own relationships wasn't enough obviously. So he didn't know that Jesse was more interested in Adele, he didn't need to get Mo to cut it short that night.
    Something should be done. He should be reported to HR every time he even thinks about anything to do with relationships let alone speaks his thoughts out loud. I'm sure there's a clause in employment law about such things
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I just caught up with the last 2 episodes and I have to say I did enjoy them. It was a bit Zosia saturated but hopefully that's the last we will see of that SL for a while. I thought it was executed well but I am looking forward to episodes which focus on other characters for a while. Merry Christmas everyone! xxxx
  • Maria747Maria747 Posts: 2,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Just want to wish my fellow Holby friends a very merry Christmas.

Just caught tup with the Holby storylines. I felt so sorry for Zosia and it was about time Guy Self realised something was wrong. Zosia is lucky that she is surrounded by good friends around her like Digby and Dominic.

I thought Mo was crazy to be smitten by Jesse, she is so suited with Mr T, my heart went out for the poor guy. Love the witty and sarcastic storyline on Darwin and Margie was a great patient, loved the banter betweenher and Jac.

I was never a great fan of Harry but I truly felt sorry for him and Raf to a lesser extent. Harry was trying to do the right thing by being there for the baby regardless of the situation. I thought Amy was utterly selfish by saying, the journey is for her and Callum only and it was wrong in my view. Also, taking Callum away abroad was so awful, so the Dad cannot have a weekly visits is so wrong. She is such a selfish person, I am sorry to say this but she is an awful character and has gone even further down in my book. Raf is better off without her.
This discussion has been closed.