Options

humax 9200 hdd repaired

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
Forum Member
hello
a mate of mine brought round his humax telling me the hdd was faulty i ask how old he said 2years i said imposable hdd have- mean time between failure (MTBF) of >100,000 hours and dont fail that offen (rare cases)

so i remove the segate 160gb drive from the 9200 and plugged it in to my pc low and be hold the drive was fuly functanl but not viewable by the windows os (some kind of gay linix shat) i formatted the drive and then run sacndisk 100%pass

i than retryed the hdd in the humax9200 but no joy

i then got the only hdd that i had spair out of my sony playstaion2 that had some games backed up on it with the ps2 hdloader disc
after plugging in the hdd to the humax 9200 i was prompted with this hdd need formatting so i did and it worked --great

i then instaled the segate 160gb drive to the ps2 and formatted it to the ps2 specifcation with the hdloadder disc

then reinstalled the drive to the humax where i was promted with this drive need formatting again

this seamd to have fix the problems with the humax not fiding the hdd and the humax 9200 is now fully fuctnal and recoreds just fine :)

09102009039.jpg

image of the ps2 and humax^^^ this fourm dont support images so you will have to click to view

regard carl..

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    evocarlos wrote: »
    hello
    a mate of mine brought round his humax telling me the hdd was faulty i ask how old he said 2years i said imposable hdd have- mean time between failure (MTBF) of >100,000 hours and dont fail that offen (rare cases)

so i remove the segate 160gb drive from the 9200 and plugged it in to my pc low and be hold the drive was fuly functanl but not viewable by the windows os (some kind of gay linix shat) i formatted the drive and then run sacndisk 100%pass

i than retryed the hdd in the humax9200 but no joy

i then got the only hdd that i had spair out of my sony playstaion2 that had some games backed up on it with the ps2 hdloader disc
    after plugging in the hdd to the humax 9200 i was prompted with this hdd need formatting so i did and it worked --great

i then instaled the segate 160gb drive to the ps2 and formatted it to the ps2 specifcation with the hdloadder disc

then reinstalled the drive to the humax where i was promted with this drive need formatting again

this seamd to have fix the problems with the humax not fiding the hdd and the humax 9200 is now fully fuctnal and recoreds just fine :)

09102009039.jpg

image of the ps2 and humax^^^ this fourm dont support images so you will have to click to view

regard carl..

I didn't know people could SMS this forum now. Handy.
  • Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Let me guess; was the problem that box froze on bootup showing four dashes on the display? If so that is a known problem that can be fixed rather more easily using Humaxcheck.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Hal® wrote: »
    I didn't know people could SMS this forum now. Handy.
    sms?
    Let me guess; was the problem that box froze on bootup showing four dashes on the display? If so that is a known problem that can be fixed rather more easily using Humaxcheck.
    thats the one
    let me jsut say i know naff all about humax's this is the 1st time ive seen one and this is how i fix'd it just thought i would put it here just in case it will help others :)
  • Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    let me jsut say i know naff all about humax's this is the 1st time ive seen one and this is how i fix'd it just thought i would put it here just in case it will help others :)

Yes and congratulations on fixing it but there is a better way which means that existing programs don't get lost; see Hummy.org.uk FAQ