Options

Getting sick of 9200T

msimmsim Posts: 2,926
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've had my 9200T since Jan 2007, installed with the latest software, and although it still functions I'm getting progressively annoyed at more and more aspects of it. The unit regularly freezes up and crashes at random, sometimes taking a couple of minutes to even change the volume. Generally though I can live with this.

What annoys me is the fact that I cannot transfer any programmes of it and onto my computer. I have used the humax supplied software, the Media controller v1.05 in Win XP and also HumaxGUI for OS X. Previously I had best results with Media Controller v1.05 in XP, however now when copying content over, the unit locks up and "bad" data begins to increase so I'm having to exit the program, switch the Hummy on/off and start again, only for the same thing to happen. This happens with every programme on the Hummy, and nothing i do (formatting the hard drive, restore to factory default etc) resolves the problem. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do as this is angering me now that nothing will transfer from the unit to a new Macbook Pro running OS X 10.6 and Win XP Pro. I'm starting to think of junking the Hummy and getting another, more reliable, PVR.

Comments

• Options
    coulrophobecoulrophobe Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    msim wrote: »
    I've had my 9200T since Jan 2007, installed with the latest software, and although it still functions I'm getting progressively annoyed at more and more aspects of it. The unit regularly freezes up and crashes at random, sometimes taking a couple of minutes to even change the volume. Generally though I can live with this.

What annoys me is the fact that I cannot transfer any programmes of it and onto my computer. I have used the humax supplied software, the Media controller v1.05 in Win XP and also HumaxGUI for OS X. Previously I had best results with Media Controller v1.05 in XP, however now when copying content over, the unit locks up and "bad" data begins to increase so I'm having to exit the program, switch the Hummy on/off and start again, only for the same thing to happen. This happens with every programme on the Hummy, and nothing i do (formatting the hard drive, restore to factory default etc) resolves the problem. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do as this is angering me now that nothing will transfer from the unit to a new Macbook Pro running OS X 10.6 and Win XP Pro. I'm starting to think of junking the Hummy and getting another, more reliable, PVR.

Have you tried transfers with the Hummy in games mode?
    (Select G under the flap). This has worked for me and several others.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    msim wrote: »

I would suggest you transfer the programs you want to keep to your PC by using an IDE to USB2 widget; with it you should be able to move a 1 hour recording in under 3 mins.

Then when you have copied all the programs you want, make a note of any recording schedules, format the drive and do a factory re-set, two even, just to make sure.

Re-set your recording schedules and you should be back to reliable business.