Anybody remember this old Spectrum game?

Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
Forum Member
Inspired by a similar thread...

It was a top-down maze-game, a bit like Gauntlet or Maziacs but the graphics were more "chunky" and quite detailed.

In the game the player controlled a tank and the idea was to fight your way through a maze-like city.
As you progressed through the city you'd find "supply depots" where you could fit an upgrade which help you with another part of the game.
Different upgrades helped with different things (IIRC).
You could, for example, fit a bigger engine to your tank so you could get past some baddies quickly and then, when you got to the next depot, you could replace the big engine with a mortar that allowed you to fire at enemy tanks before they could shoot you.

I'm not completely sure but it might have been produced by Electronic Arts. I vaguely recall it had the old EA "square-circle-triangle" logo on it but I'm not sure about that.

It was one of those games which I started a heap of times but never bothered finishing because it was actually quite frustrating but, with hindsight, if it's available for an emulator I'd like to give it another go.

Comments

• monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nope but i do love maziacs lol a great game then and even the odd game now
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't remember this or Maziacs.

Loved Gauntlet though
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Inspired by a similar thread...

It was a top-down maze-game, a bit like Gauntlet or Maziacs but the graphics were more "chunky" and quite detailed.

In the game the player controlled a tank and the idea was to fight your way through a maze-like city.
    As you progressed through the city you'd find "supply depots" where you could fit an upgrade which help you with another part of the game.
    Different upgrades helped with different things (IIRC).
    You could, for example, fit a bigger engine to your tank so you could get past some baddies quickly and then, when you got to the next depot, you could replace the big engine with a mortar that allowed you to fire at enemy tanks before they could shoot you.

I'm not completely sure but it might have been produced by Electronic Arts. I vaguely recall it had the old EA "square-circle-triangle" logo on it but I'm not sure about that.

It was one of those games which I started a heap of times but never bothered finishing because it was actually quite frustrating but, with hindsight, if it's available for an emulator I'd like to give it another go.

Super Tank Simulator or Tank Command?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Panzadrome ;)
  • monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :pagan: wrote: »
    Panzadrome ;)

i remember that now lol
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    :pagan: wrote: »
    Panzadrome ;)

We have a winner!

Many thanks.

Now I just need to find a decent sceppy emulator.
    I used to have a few but I seem to recall at least one of them was a bit unstable.

Anybody know of a particularly good one?
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Free Emu - EmuZWin

Premium Emu - Spectaculator - Free for 30 days and then £9.99

Game ROM - Panzadrome
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Free Emu - EmuZWin

Premium Emu - Spectaculator - Free for 30 days and then £9.99

Game ROM - Panzadrome