Options

The "girl" vote

2»

Comments

• Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    The girl vote has always dominated shows like this!

Nicholas for example will probably end up winning based on the girl,mum and gran vote.

That plus the scottish vote makes him a sure thing!

Its never going to change you are always going to get a large % of the votes coming from girls! Its always been like that and unless they do something to dramatically change that trend we are just going to keep getting the same type of winners.

Shayne Ward, Leon Jackson, Joe Mc Elderry,Matt Cardle, James Arthur! Do i need to go on?

The facts are that you could have the best vocal on the show week after week and still not win!

Looks always beats true talent unfortunately

James was anything but pretty. Also I think that James and Matt both won partly because of their incredible/credible music and genuine talent.
  • Options
    sgeandhusgeandhu Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    I think you can make a full analyses, or as full as one can with the information available. The problem is we don't have much information available to us, so these mythical block-votes get bandied around a little too readily on here and with a little too much weight and usually in a somewhat disparaging way.

For example, I see Nicholas being characterised quite often on here as someone who will benefit from 'the Scottish vote', or the 'teenage girl' vote, or the 'granny vote'. I am not any of those things, I simply appreciate his voice and his talent.

I don't know what my point is really, maybe it's just that I feel lonely in my fandom :D

You are not. Yes he is probably benefitting from those groups of voters but is also helped bt the fact that he is an excellent singer.
  • Options
    sgeandhusgeandhu Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James was anything but pretty. Also I think that James and Matt both won partly because of their incredible/credible music and genuine talent.

Matt yes James no.

James won because of the "anyone but Baloney" vote.
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sgeandhu wrote: »
    Matt yes James no.

James won because of the "anyone but Baloney" vote.

Jahmene could have benefitted from that as much as JA though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Surely if the girl vote was the biggest vote the boybands would always win because 4/5 pretty boys are better than 1.