Options

Please can i have views on this TV

Thinking seriously about buying this model within the next few days, please could anyone let me know if they have had any problems with it etc...or just run the rule over it for me.
Going to use it as a tv aswell as a monitor

http://www.flattelly.co.uk/shop/sony-kdl32u2000u-ready-freeview-p-993.html

cheers

phil

Comments

• Options
    fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have one myself, but being a Sony, I doubt you'd find anything to complain about with it - price doesn't look too bad either :)
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    weird.no mention of contract ratio, viewing angle or response time.

If an old model beware!!!!!!!
    £30 deliver so £15 cheaper elsewhere plus quidco savings
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    philtomo wrote: »
    Thinking seriously about buying this model within the next few days, please could anyone let me know if they have had any problems with it etc...or just run the rule over it for me.
    Going to use it as a tv aswell as a monitor

http://www.flattelly.co.uk/shop/sony-kdl32u2000u-ready-freeview-p-993.html

cheers

phil

Try and get an S series if you can, the U series are very basic and the performance is nothing to brag about.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    if this is of any use i have just bought a toshiba 32C3030DB from currys using the reserve and collect for the same money and i have found it to be excellent , and that is before i have delved into the very extensive picture and sound menu's :eek: :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if this is of any use i have just bought a toshiba 32C3030DB from currys using the reserve and collect for the same money and i have found it to be excellent , and that is before i have delved into the very extensive picture and sound menu's :eek: :D:D:D

Play.com is the cheapest i've seen it at £499, we opted for Empire Direct because of their 'free' (£20) three year warranty.

Awesome TV though, like you say.

Did you get 4 x AAA EverReady batteries, too? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    guys,

thanks very much for your views, yes i am going to steer away from the sony bravia now after the views regarding it being an old model.
    i have been looking very closely at the toshiba 32c3030d, many thanks also for the views on that, it look right up my street.

thanks again

phil
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,518
    Forum Member
    guys,

thanks very much for your views, yes i am going to steer away from the sony bravia now after the views regarding it being an old model.
    i have been looking very closely at the toshiba 32c3030d, many thanks also for the views on that, it look right up my street.

The U series Sony is a 'bottom of the range' set, and uses a Samsung LCD, instead of the S-LCD ones used in the higher priced sets.
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Telly_Man wrote: »
    Play.com is the cheapest i've seen it at £499, we opted for Empire Direct because of their 'free' (£20) three year warranty.

Awesome TV though, like you say.

Did you get 4 x AAA EverReady batteries, too? :D

Digital Direct £488 (with Dely)£488 sound & vision free dely
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    guys,

thanks again

phil

I have a Tosh 32C3030DB. Cracking set for the money. Paid £549 from John Lewis (Price matched with Empire Direct), so I got a five year warranty.

It is a brand new model, only released March 2007.
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a Tosh 32C3030DB. Cracking set for the money. Paid £549 from John Lewis (Price matched with Empire Direct), so I got a five year warranty.

It is a brand new model, only released March 2007.

I thought John Lewis didnt match "Online" prices?
    actually under the" sale of goods "act you dont need extended warranties. its just a pity that more people dont use this. "Extended warranties are jus a way of making more money.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    roddydogs wrote: »
    I thought John Lewis didnt match "Online" prices?
    actually under the" sale of goods "act you dont need extended warranties. its just a pity that more people dont use this. "Extended warranties are jus a way of making more money.

JL don't price match online stores. There is an Empire Direct shop at the Merry Hill Centre in Dudley.

And as for five year warranty, try taking your TV back and quoting the sale of goods act after three years if it breaks and see how far that gets you.

The sale of goods act doesn't include anything about the product lasting forever!! :rolleyes: