Three - sim only - which plan for tethering?

mjpalinmjpalin Posts: 118
Forum Member
Can't work it out from the website (but I have had a glass of vino)
Does anyone know which of the current three sim only all you can eat data plans allow tethering?

Comments

• jaffboy151jaffboy151 Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on the 12 month sim only plan, teathering is allowed and not limited so far in terms of data, but in my area at least 3 are really hammering down the speeds when teathering of late, speed test on my phone was 13mbps but when I teathering it to my ipad to FaceTime it would not work well, complaining of poor connection speed.. In fact streaming of any sort seems difficult on teathering these days,
    So just of word of caution, it's great for general internet surfing and Facebook stuff but can be hit and miss for steaming...
    I think it's all part of 3's strategy of discouraging people using there network as a fixed line broadband substitute via there phone
  • mjpalinmjpalin Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Thanks - don't tend to stream much on the go, wanted more for general surfing and (perhaps) the occasional bit of facetime.
  • Sphinxy1Sphinxy1 Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    This is the tethering plan you need: http://goo.gl/P1XlsT
  • AlecRAlecR Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You need either:

*One Plan - 1 month
    *One Plan - 12 month

Both offer unlimited tethering (for now) - none of the other plans Three sell do. But act fast because they may remove it soon.