Please help me get justice for my cat. RSPCA are responsible for her death.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    I am sure you know that is not practical and all these people having a silly vendetta against an animal charity are only ever going to hurt animals through their actions.

The RSPCA destroy 50% of the animals they come into contact with. That is thousands every year.

The amount of people I have spoken to who have had their animals taken away from them without any evidence of cruelty and they have been put to sleep is astonishing.

You can't condone that? Or are you unaware? Please Google it if so, these facts are out there already, they are just being overlooked.
  • Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    The RSPCA are about as useful as a chocolate teapot. In fact, the are actually worse than a chocolate teapot because the latter doesn't do any harm, it's just useless!

I would never donate even 1p to the RSPCA. I do support other animal charities in the UK but not that one!
  • Pat_SmithPat_Smith Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Galaxy266 wrote: »
    I would never donate even 1p to the RSPCA. I do support other animal charities in the UK but not that one!

Probably wise. The RSPCA no doubt does have good, unpaid (crucially) volunteers down the line. But, like many huge organisations, I suspect they were rotten to the core a long time ago.

Mary, don't feed the trolls who get off on heartless comments. Your petition was fine. I'm sure the follow up letter (which I haven't read yet) is spot on. Just don't start reacting to the trolls who will always take emotive threads like these as an opportunity to cause hurt. See them for what they are and ignore them.
  • Forza FerrariForza Ferrari Posts: 7,433
    Forum Member
    Total madness.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Total madness.
    Yeah, your posts are.
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sympathies to the OP. I can understand your hurt.
    I am imagining my beautiful collie being lifted from my garden. She has liver disease and at one time she was really gaunt because she wasn't eating. Anyone passing by could have had the wrong impression and thought she wasn't cared for when in fact she was luvved to bits. She was given months to live but a year on after a lot of tlc is back to her old self.
    It seems to me that this 'snatch' was the result of someone complaining to the RSPCA. A neighbour? A passer by?
    As for the RSPCA, I once rescued a baby jackdaw that had fallen down the chimney and got trapped between the chimney liner and the chimney wall. The parents never came for it and I brought the bird up but later took it to a bird rescue organisation. They told me they had RSPCA officers sneaking injured birds in by the back door as if they took them back they would only be killed - unless a rare songbird.
    And recently when I repeatedly reported a young Jack Russell being kept in a horse trailer and crying piteously day and night with faeces mounting up around it they didn't want to know. Though they did remember to ask me for a donation. Every time I 'phoned.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pat_Smith wrote: »
    Probably wise. The RSPCA no doubt does have good, unpaid (crucially) volunteers down the line. But, like many huge organisations, I suspect they were rotten to the core a long time ago.

Mary, don't feed the trolls who get off on heartless comments. Your petition was fine. I'm sure the follow up letter (which I haven't read yet) is spot on. Just don't start reacting to the trolls who will always take emotive threads like these as an opportunity to cause hurt. See them for what they are and ignore them.

I have to agree sadly, I started off thinking Mary was just attention seeking (sorry Mary) but with conversation and explanations it became clear something terrible had happened. I was happy to support her and sign her petition. I never understand who anyone who starts off being negative isn't moved to change their mind when all the facts are explained.

I am not sure it's trolling it may just be some people have very closed minds and refuse to understand others. Whatever it is it is unpleasant when someone has lost a family member like this to persist with the negativity.
    Forum Member
    molliepops wrote: »
    I have to agree sadly, I started off thinking Mary was just attention seeking (sorry Mary) but with conversation and explanations it became clear something terrible had happened. I was happy to support her and sign her petition. I never understand who anyone who starts off being negative isn't moved to change their mind when all the facts are explained.

I am not sure it's trolling it may just be some people have very closed minds and refuse to understand others. Whatever it is it is unpleasant when someone has lost a family member like this to persist with the negativity.

No need to apologise, i understand, thanks for the honesty. I'm happy i managed to help you see my point of view, it motivates me :)

Your advice has been very helpful through this and I am appreciate of that. :)
  • riversmumriversmum Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats really going to help a lot of animals escape cruelty well done eveybody. Now who should we get started on next carcer research, save the children, water aid?
    I support several smaller rescues with charitable status who have no paid workers, no flash offices to drain money. I fundraise as well as donate my money, often standing in the freezing cold collecting to enable them to keep saving dogs lives. I particularly support the 2 rescues that our 4 dogs came from so don't tell me I don't help animals escape cruelty. One of my dogs was a cruelty case but went to a rescue not the RSPCA. We're all free to donate our money where we see fit. Hell will freeze over before I donate to the RSPCA.

Do you put your money and time where your mouth is?
    Forum Member
    riversmum wrote: »
    I support several smaller rescues with charitable status who have no paid workers, no flash offices to drain money. I fundraise as well as donate my money, often standing in the freezing cold collecting to enable them to keep saving dogs lives. I particularly support the 2 rescues that our 4 dogs came from so don't tell me I don't help animals escape cruelty. One of my dogs was a cruelty case but went to a rescue not the RSPCA. We're all free to donate our money where we see fit. Hell will freeze over before I donate to the RSPCA.

Do you put your money and time where your mouth is?

Yeah I'm sure these small dogs homes here and there will of protection for all the animals in the UK.

One of the many things about the hatrid spouted RSPCA is that some of the examples involved animals with wings yet the RSPCB appears to get off with no case to answer.

Hope I've not just opened up another well meaning organisation to all of these attacks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never seen the RSPB advertise as being there for emergencies, never seen TV shows making it look like they go the extra yard in freezing water to save an animal. If the RSPCA are not willing or able to do it they need to address their advertising and make new programmes showing the reality not the twee animal hospital programme they made. They may need a new presenter though I think their star presenter is too busy to do any more at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I'm sure these small dogs homes here and there will of protection for all the animals in the UK.

One of the many things about the hatrid spouted RSPCA is that some of the examples involved animals with wings yet the RSPCB appears to get off with no case to answer.

Hope I've not just opened up another well meaning organisation to all of these attacks.
    The vast network of independent rescues all over the UK - not just here and there - re- home thousands of animals each year. You have to get rid of your dog - don't go to the RSPCA, they won't help. Thousands of people work freely and tirelessly to help animals and could do so much more with the money the RSPCA spend on their flash head office, Chief exec and staffing it. They don't fund the local branches, they're self funding so if you want to support the RSPCA give it directly to them not to the organisation.

I don't know anything about the RSPCB so can't speak about them.
    Forum Member
    I have a question for mollylollypops. This dogs home which you work for if I phone it up and report that I live next to this woman who keeps her dog chained up outside in all weathers and it has no shelter and the dog is very thin. Yesterday I saw her shout at the dog and be quite mean.

What is the dogs home going to do about it?
    Forum Member
    I have never seen the RSPB advertise as being there for emergencies, never seen TV shows making it look like they go the extra yard in freezing water to save an animal.

Actually I saw this program about the RSPCA and what happened was this woman had seen fit to let her dog go and run about in the countyside all by its self. The dog was quite old and not keeping very well. So what happens the dog dosen't come back the RSPCA inspector goes out to help look for it. The dog is found in nearby burn sadly drowned.

The inspector was really nice and ushered the woman away. Fished the dead dog out and dried all off nicely before letting the owner say good bye.

She really comforted her about the whole thing.
  • BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RSPCA has taken quite a bashing in this thread. In terms of the OP I dont see what they did wrong. They have a duty to care for animals if someone has reported seeing a sick cat they have to investigate it. They had no idea the cat was as sick is it turned out to be. From the letter even the owner was unware it was just weeks from its death. Nobody could have known taking the cat in for an exam would have caused its death.

I do understand it is upsetting but death is sadly a part of nature. The RSPCA did not cause its death it died of old age. You might be angry but in time you need to accept it enjoy the life it had. Dont lash out at the RSPCA just trying to do their job.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a question for mollylollypops. This dogs home which you work for if I phone it up and report that I live next to this woman who keeps her dog chained up outside in all weathers and it has no shelter and the dog is very thin. Yesterday I saw her shout at the dog and be quite mean.

What is the dogs home going to do about it?

I am assuming that is addressed to me ? I use my late beautiful retriever crosses name as my user name.

Initially one of us will try to get the person responsible in conversation, often there is a reason it has gone wrong. These days people find themselves left with dogs they don't want so they will hand them over to us, sometimes there is a health issue, we support several people in the community with mental health problems which in turn helps their dogs.
    It's only when we are sure we can do nothing to help we will report people to the dog warden.
    I hasten to add we are a small dog rescue most of our rehoming is done with under 10lb dogs so bigger dogs we ask the help of a bigger rescue who deal with larger dogs. They have virtually the same ethics as us but slightly different procedures.
    Forum Member
    Bluescope wrote: »
    RSPCA has taken quite a bashing in this thread. In terms of the OP I dont see what they did wrong. They have a duty to care for animals if someone has reported seeing a sick cat they have to investigate it. They had no idea the cat was as sick is it turned out to be. From the letter even the owner was unware it was just weeks from its death. Nobody could have known taking the cat in for an exam would have caused its death.

I do understand it is upsetting but death is sadly a part of nature. The RSPCA did not cause its death it died of old age. You might be angry but in time you need to accept it enjoy the life it had. Dont lash out at the RSPCA just trying to do their job.

My cat was absolutely fine. yes she had renal failure but with the proper care and ensuring she had enough water, she was washing the toxins through and getting along very well.

The RSPCA had no right to take her without contacting us to find this out why she was small. if you could see the pictures of her before they taken her, she has a round pot belly, gorgeous shiny fur! You may like to know that we have since found out they didn't give her any water, which is why she turned so badly as well as the added stress, it was too much for her to recover. They kept her for 24 hours and didn't give her any water!

What anybody in the defense of the RSPCA seems to be missing is yes, the inspector was just trying to do her job, but she should have made an attempt to contact us and this wouldn't have happened. The protocol; should ensure they contact the owner to find out any health requirements. For all they know she could have been diabetic, but they don't stop to ask in their glorious rescue to consider this. I don't think anyone can deny that they inspectors should take more care well dealing with these cases.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cat was absolutely fine. yes she had renal failure but with the proper care and ensuring she had enough water, she was washing the toxins through and getting along very well.

The RSPCA had no right to take her without contacting us to find this out why she was small. if you could see the pictures of her before they taken her, she has a round pot belly, gorgeous shiny fur! You may like to know that we have since found out they didn't give her any water, which is why she turned so badly as well as the added stress, it was too much for her to recover. They kept her for 24 hours and didn't give her any water!

What anybody in the defense of the RSPCA seems to be missing is yes, the inspector was just trying to do her job, but she should have made an attempt to contact us and this wouldn't have happened. The protocol; should ensure they contact the owner to find out any health requirements. For all they know she could have been diabetic, but they don't stop to ask in their glorious rescue to consider this. I don't think anyone can deny that they inspectors should take more care well dealing with these cases.

That's a good point about diabetes, I do know a couple of dogs PTS for chronic diarrhea who would have been fine if they had done as the owners requested and given them gluten free food. They seem to have their own way and no one else can ever be right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I saw this program about the RSPCA and what happened was this woman had seen fit to let her dog go and run about in the countyside all by its self. The dog was quite old and not keeping very well. So what happens the dog dosen't come back the RSPCA inspector goes out to help look for it. The dog is found in nearby burn sadly drowned.

The inspector was really nice and ushered the woman away. Fished the dead dog out and dried all off nicely before letting the owner say good bye.

She really comforted her about the whole thing.

Yes oddly they never do shows about putting dogs down.

But not sure what your post had to do with mine ?
    Forum Member
    I am assuming that is addressed to me ? I use my late beautiful retriever crosses name as my user name.

Initially one of us will try to get the person responsible in conversation, often there is a reason it has gone wrong.

You go round the womans house and knock on her door?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My vet told me that if the RSPCA takes a dog to them they are only allowed to give £40 of treatment no matter what. If they give more for free it is considered assault. Because of this a lot of vets won't treat animals they take in because it's so frustrating for vets to see dogs having to be PTS for the sake of a bit more money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You go round the womans house and knock on her door?

If necessary, done kindly and with no blame you often find people are having problems. I assume the RSPCA would try to do the same or do they swoop and remove with out trying ? because that would explain a lot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    riversmum wrote: »
    My vet told me that if the RSPCA takes a dog to them they are only allowed to give £40 of treatment no matter what. If they give more for free it is considered assault. Because of this a lot of vets won't treat animals they take in because it's so frustrating for vets to see dogs having to be PTS for the sake of a bit more money.

Well that would get you through the door at my vets :confused: treatment would be on top of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that would get you through the door at my vets :confused: treatment would be on top of it.
    Exactly, they need more than that spending on them and unless there's a film crew with them they're PTS.
    Forum Member
    If necessary, done kindly and with no blame you often find people are having problems. I assume the RSPCA would try to do the same or do they swoop and remove with out trying ? because that would explain a lot.

And when the woman being mean to the dog tells you its none of your buisness better get off her property before her man gets back and slams the door what do you do next?