Virgin Mobile - Network

124»

Comments

• GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    R410 wrote: »
    I am not a fanboy at all. Just someone who has had an iPhone and didn't like it, and found a better device for a lot less money.

It was the response I was referring to, using words like "crapple" and "overpriced accessory" kind of marks you out as a fan boy.

It's fair enough that you prefer Android or whatever but that doesn't make iPhones crap, there are millions of people who have them and like them.

Also the latest iPhones has a great screen, great camera and a custom cortex A15, hardly crap.

I'm not buying one mind you, i'm waiting for Nexus 4 :D
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Number has been ported over ok today so all systems go. Just need to find out how to get one of these mega retention deals for a tenner a month now :)
  • Chairman___MeowChairman___Meow Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    oh well. my apparent "failed ID check" yesterday was, in fact, a failed credit check. DOH !! :)

looks like i'm staying with Tesco ..

I have bad credit and when I applied was told I needed to contact Virgin as they had several different forms of my address so I had to contact them to confirm what it was.

I was totally sure My credit wouldnt let me get one but I called 'em anyway...

So I did and I could tell that some bright spark had inputted a version of my address (I live in a flat in a named house which makes it tricky) which wasnt quite right but wasnt totally wrong. So I told them to use that and bingo! Their mistake was my advantage :D

So I have a shiny new HTC One X and contract. Gotta sell my S3 now :)
  • R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    It was the response I was referring to, using words like "crapple" and "overpriced accessory" kind of marks you out as a fan boy.

It's fair enough that you prefer Android or whatever but that doesn't make iPhones crap, there are millions of people who have them and like them.

Also the latest iPhones has a great screen, great camera and a custom cortex A15, hardly crap.

I'm not buying one mind you, i'm waiting for Nexus 4 :D
    I now dislike the company because of the very anti-competitive actions they are trying to take out on their competitors, which only leads to less choice to us, hence the 'crApple', the company is only going downhill even more since the passing of Steve Jobs, and the overpriced accessory is obvious really. They are overpriced for what they are, and are used as fashion accessories by their owners, showing them of at every opportunity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I have a shiny new HTC One X and contract. Gotta sell my S3 now :)

Nice :). Still not entirely sure how I could fail then pass within a few hours but at least it's all sorted anyway.

I looked at the One X, but I need my music so I have to have MicroSD capability.
    Forum Member
    Nice :). Still not entirely sure how I could fail then pass within a few hours but at least it's all sorted anyway.

I looked at the One X, but I need my music so I have to have MicroSD capability.

You really dont need one. I've got about 120GB of music on Google Music. It automatically updates whenever I add tracks to my iTunes and in the last few months I've been using it has been flawless.

Bear in mind though I live in a capital city so reception is usually good. Your experience may differ, as they say. And if you have a slow broadband connection it may take a significant time to upload your library.

You get a 20,000 song limit for free. Not bad is it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You get a 20,000 song limit for free. Not bad is it?

It's very generous indeed. I'm currently about halfway through uploading my collection to it. I still want my music stored locally though because even though Virgin seems to have a better 3G connection than Tesco, I'm just happier having it stored on the phone.
    Forum Member
    It's very generous indeed. I'm currently about halfway through uploading my collection to it. I still want my music stored locally though because even though Virgin seems to have a better 3G connection than Tesco, I'm just happier having it stored on the phone.

I see your point. Theres an option to 'Keep Music On Phone' in Google Music which I use sometimes. Very handy if you think you'll be out of network range.
  • 5 a day5 a day Posts: 12,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Virgin Mobile don't officially support the iPhone, does that mean I can't use my iPhone as a personal wifi hotspot thingy if I move to them?
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    5 a day wrote: »
    If Virgin Mobile don't officially support the iPhone, does that mean I can't use my iPhone as a personal wifi hotspot thingy if I move to them?

I just tried it there and it worked fine, which is odd as it doesn't work with GiffGaff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    I just tried it there and it worked fine, which is odd as it doesn't work with GiffGaff.

Excellent news! Thank you Gormond. I will nab a SIM in town tomorrow and give it a go. You're right, it is odd, that's the main reason I am looking to leave GiffGaff really.
    Forum Member
    5 a day wrote: »

I bought an unlocked iPhone and used it as a Wifi Hotspot via TMobile which uses the same network as Virgin.

Was only on PAYG but they must have made an error as I had unlimited tethering...:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought an unlocked iPhone and used it as a Wifi Hotspot via TMobile which uses the same network as Virgin.

Was only on PAYG but they must have made an error as I had unlimited tethering...:D

Lucky you. I doubt that'll work for me but I'll give it a go!