Freddie Mercury

2»

Comments

• IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    Just a reminder that the 1.5 hour documentary 'Freddie Mercury: The Great Pretender - Director's Cut' is still on iPlayer. It expires at 10:29pm on Saturday 5th January 2013 -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01pkbc7/Freddie_Mercury_The_Great_Pretender_Directors_Cut/
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iggyman wrote: »
    Just a reminder that the 1.5 hour documentary 'Freddie Mercury: The Great Pretender - Director's Cut' is still on iPlayer. It expires at 10:29pm on Saturday 5th January 2013 -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01pkbc7/Freddie_Mercury_The_Great_Pretender_Directors_Cut/
    Funny, just watching it now. Again.:D How come it's on for so long? Thanks for info.:)
  • IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    I guess it's so long because it's the 'Director's Cut' - I suppose there was a shorter version in the past year? I see it's dated 2012.
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love freddie vocally no-one else has ever come close the fact that he drank and smoked and managed to keep his voice was lucky the only male singer that ever came close was george michael at his peak 87-98.
    And tom jones most of the singers back in the 80's were far better than now tony hadley among others.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rumandlime wrote: »
    correct!!

and dont forget what a money grabbing cretin he and his band mates became.
    playing for 'white only' crowds in south africa [sun city] and then within the year making millions[and a huge second career] out of their heralded performance at live aid allegedly for starving black africans.
    if queen gave a shit about black people in africa they certainly would not have taken the racist's huge cheques to play for the rich white man only..infact the disgusting greed of mercury and his band set the equal rights movement back in south africa..disgusting band and disgusting singer..no great loss to music at all.

How does any of this make him a bad singer?
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rumandlime wrote: »
    .some people even go further and say that it kick started queens flagging career...

The members of Queen themselves have said that was the case.

Prior to Live Aid they were on the verge of splitting and it was only the persistence of Bob Geldof that got them on the stage as none of the band wanted to do it,
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Richie1001 wrote: »
    A legend pure and simple. I have the Freddie book with all the CDs and DVD's. it's fantastic. Especially the recording of him in a hotel with Montserrat Caballé. Just to hear him talking and laughing as they practice is amazing.

Such a nice and shy person who had the ability to control a stage like no one before or since.

RIP Freddie, one of a kind.

Indeed.