Options

Call diverting with 3

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi guys,

I'm in The One sim only plan.

I'm at Silverstine this weekend and can get 4G on my backup EE SIM card, but not on 3.

Can I setup a call divert on 3, and will it cost extra or will diverted calls come out of my allowance, or even better, is it free?

If so, how do I turn it on? I have an iPhone 5.

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    JustinThePubJustinThePub Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should be able to do it with a GSM code. See http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/GSM_Network_Codes

Not sure about the charging though. It may come out of your allowance.
  • Options
    NathDoggNathDogg Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    On the iPhone you will need to go to.

Settings - Phone - Call forwarding (toggle the selector to on, green) - Forward to (choose number you wish to forward to)

I have used call forwarding in the past and wasn't charged anything on top of my allowance, so I presume all forwarded calls will just come out of your remaining allowance.

I am also on the One plan sim only.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys

Nath - wil that method work if I take my 3 sim out of the phone and put another sim card in the same phone?
  • Options
    NathDoggNathDogg Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    xreyuk123 wrote: »
    Thanks guys

Nath - wil that method work if I take my 3 sim out of the phone and put another sim card in the same phone?

I'm not sure to be honest. The divert definitely stays active if you switch the phone off so I'm guessing the divert is activated network side. Basically when you toggle that switch I imagine the phone really just sends a code or setting to the network, so I don't think putting a different sim into the phone would effect the divert.

Just to be certain I would say give it a go and then get someone to give the diverted number a call.