Options

Hear phone in another room

2»

Comments

• Options
    call100call100 Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    There is no reason that they can't have both a BT powered phone and a cordless running at the same time if they are that worried.
    That said, the emergency scenario could be covered with a mobile.
    Some people just worry about the minutia of life while the rest of it passes them by..
  • Options
    OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Panasonic Dect cordless phone base has a traditional wired handset on the base and works in a powercut, the second/third/fourth dect handsets all connect to the base, unless there's a power cut in which case just the base unit phone works.

I also have flares, smoke signal equipment and long range wind up radio transmitter in case of disasaters. :D
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    POWER cuts are pretty rare nowadays,
    must be 5 years since the last one

If your house catches fire, it's pretty certain your power will go off. And you obviously don't live in a location that is supplied by an overhead 11Kv line. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Winston_1 wrote: »
    if you thought you knew the answer why did you ask the question?

I asked a poster who said they leave the p[hone off the charger how long he thought the batteries would last. I certainly didn't ask you anything, and your answer was just plain stupid.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,625
    Forum Member
    If your house catches fire, it's pretty certain your power will go off
    But I would not be hanging around inside to make the 999 call from my landline phone. Grab my mobile and go, Go, GO!
  • Options
    Deacon1972Deacon1972 Posts: 8,171
    Forum Member
    I asked a poster who said they leave the p[hone off the charger how long he thought the batteries would last.
    Mine definitely lasts more than the two hrs mentioned, and my cordless phones are over 6yrs old. I can leave mine of for at least five days without the need to charge it up, and that includes making a handful of calls off it too. Standby time was about a week when new.

What type of batteries do they put in cordless phones these days, mine is like a power pack, do current phones use just normal AA rechargeables or something similar?

Isn't it advisable to run rechargeable batteries down fully before recharging them opposed to charging them when they are only partially discharged?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deacon1972 wrote: »
    Mine definitely lasts more than the two hrs mentioned, and my cordless phones are over 6yrs old. I can leave mine of for at least five days without the need to charge it up, and that includes making a handful of calls off it too. Standby time was about a week when new.

What type of batteries do they put in cordless phones these days, mine is like a power pack, do current phones use just normal AA rechargeables or something similar?

Isn't it advisable to run rechargeable batteries down fully before recharging them opposed to charging them when they are only partially discharged?

They normally use a pair of AAA NiMh batteries. (800mAh)
  • Options
    xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    saw kazam trooper smart phone on ideal world

£ 49 plus £6 post
    4 gig
    8 gig mem card
    3 yr warrantry

I was tempted
  • Options
    Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,900
    Forum Member
    Deacon1972 wrote: »

They normally use a pair of AAA NiMh batteries. (800mAh)

I have a single handset BT8500 and it will stay on standby for about a week (I think they claim up to nine days in the manual) on one charge. I don't get many calls but I do check regularly how many calls it has blocked. Talk time is a claimed ~20 hours.

Handset has what look like cheap 750mAh batteries in it. Not sure what the best way is regarding charging - I tend to leave it until the phone says "low battery" and then recharge but I gather the generally accepted way is to recharge once it is about half empty? But they're easily replaced so could even get some 1000mAh ones which should last a wee bit longer.
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    saw kazam trooper smart phone on ideal world

£ 49 plus £6 post
    4 gig
    8 gig mem card
    3 yr warrantry

I was tempted

What relevance is this? I thought you were looking at having a landline ring in another room, nothing to do with mobile phones?
  • Options
    moogheadmooghead Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭