Options

Decent eyeliner

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
Forum Member
Hi,

I am looking for a long lasting pencil eyeliner. Its the one make up item that I have to wear (my eyes just disappear without it) but have struggled to find one that lasts longer than a few hours. I currently use one by Paul and Joe which I did like at first and the black is a very dark black but it tends to disappear by the end of the day. Does anyone know of one that lasts or do I just need to keep reapplying?

Thanks in advance x

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use the No7 one, which I dont ever reapply.

One thing I do do, is put the eyeliner on, then my eyeshadow - then either leave it if I want a subtle line of colour, or top up if I want it more solid etc. I find that keeps it on a lot better!

Another thing I love is Urban Decay eye primer. The bottle lasts AGES! Before I used this, my eyeshadow would always crease off very quickly, this leaves it sticking all day and evening, very good!
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use black eyeliner, and it stays put all day !!!

I put it over my eyeshadow, and then smudge it.

I generally use Benefit eyeliner. Its pricey, but i use one a year - so its good value (and i use it daily).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    the urban decay 24hr liners are also very good :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the urban decay 24hr liners are also very good :)

I have a turquoise-y urban decay eyeliner - not sure if it is the 24 hour one, but it goes on so well! So nice, and yes, really stays put - I wake up in the morning and it's completely intact. I do usually take my make up off before I go to bed, just sometimes not when I'm a little tipsy!!
  • Options
    purplelinuspurplelinus Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a turquoise-y urban decay eyeliner - not sure if it is the 24 hour one, but it goes on so well! So nice, and yes, really stays put - I wake up in the morning and it's completely intact. I do usually take my make up off before I go to bed, just sometimes not when I'm a little tipsy!!

Another vote for the Urban Decay eyeliners
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    Porcupine wrote: »
    I use black eyeliner, and it stays put all day !!!

I put it over my eyeshadow, and then smudge it.

I generally use Benefit eyeliner. Its pricey, but i use one a year - so its good value (and i use it daily).

I like the benefit one too. The new waterproof one is good :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you considered liquid? They're very easy to use after a few goes and I swear by MAC's Penultimate liner range. The applicactor is basically a thin felt tip. Very easy to use and not that expensive.
  • Options
    GurglesGurgles Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for the Urban Decay eyeliners

And another from me too :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was an avon one ages ago which lasted well, it was called wet and dry eyeliner but i think its discontinued.

I use Gosh Velvet Touch eyeliner atm. Its waterproof and it lasts long :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for all the replies. I think I may try the Urban Decay, have heard before its supposed to be good.
  • Options
    lil_boolil_boo Posts: 1,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For pencil eyeliner, you can't beat Rimmel, I've used Benefit Bad Gal for a while and No7, but keep going back to rimmel, its especially good if you like the dramatic look and by lighting the tip of the pencil for a split second really makes a great effect... and it's only £3ish!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flo29 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies. I think I may try the Urban Decay, have heard before its supposed to be good.

Good choice i love the urban decay eyeliner. It dries in a minute or so and really stays all day. Only annoying thing about it is that its quite expensive at £10, but i dont mind cause i really hate having panda eyes at the end of the day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    well I went to Debenhams today and they had a pack of 5 mini (but still a decent size) Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners for £11. Bargain! Have tried and they go on lovely. Lets just see if it lasts the day..!
  • Options
    Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard 24 Hour Semi-Permanent Eyeliner by Colorsport is very good. Yet to try it myself though. :)