Options

Are the SkyHD and Sky+ remotes the same ?

AdamBruntAdamBrunt Posts: 204
Forum Member
Hi all,

I have a Logitech Harmony universal remote which controls my current Sky+ box fine.

SkyHD is being installed tomorrow.

From the Harmony perspective, will I add need to add the SkyHD remote as a new 'device' or are the IR commonds on the Sky+ and SkyHD remotes the same ?

Are there any extra functions/buttons on the SkyHD remote ?

TIA for any help.

Regards,

Adam Brunt

Comments

• Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,524
    Forum Member
    The remotes are functionally identical, but output different device codes - however, the HD box accepts code from EITHER remote. The HD remote only has a number of built-in macros, which allow you to select the correct HDMI socket automatically on some sets, particularly Sony ones.
  • Options
    AdamBruntAdamBrunt Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    The remotes are functionally identical, but output different device codes - however, the HD box accepts code from EITHER remote. The HD remote only has a number of built-in macros, which allow you to select the correct HDMI socket automatically on some sets, particularly Sony ones.

Thanks for that Nigel.

Sounds like I am good to go. I will have the SkyHD sound going via the amp and the video going to the HDMI on the TV. The Harmony remote controls which 'input' the TV should be on and which 'channel' the amp should be on. It's just the 'basic' Sky+ functions I need to control.
  • Options
    davefevsdavefevs Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    My sky+ remote didn't work with my new hd box thru RF2. All set up correctly too. Engineer grabbed a hd remote out of his van and let me have it for nothing.
  • Options
    Warfield RoyalWarfield Royal Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    davefevs wrote: »
    My sky+ remote didn't work with my new hd box thru RF2. All set up correctly too. Engineer grabbed a hd remote out of his van and let me have it for nothing.

I have a Sky+ remote which I use with a Sky+HD box through RF2 and it works great.