Options

Lillyhammer starts on BBC4

Comments

• Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tuesday's episode was the best one yet. It was hilarious! :D I was laughing throughout the whole show. I wasn't sure about Lilyhammer at first but i'm now properly hooked, it works. I love the humour in the show and it's so much funnier when you think of Frank as Silvio. The faces and looks he gives are identical! He cracks me up.

The scene of Frank at the boys birthday party was proper LOL when he was having a go at the eco boy! And that twig? What a twig! :D And then at the meeting with the apartment developers when he told them he bought the property off that bloke and wanted to become a business partner. That look, very sly! :D Great stuff!

Sadly the only character's names i can remember is that of Frank. I have no idea who everyone else is called so i just name them by their role.
  • Options
    hallchallc Posts: 200,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Tuesday's episode was the best one yet. It was hilarious! :D I was laughing throughout the whole show. I wasn't sure about Lilyhammer at first but i'm now properly hooked, it works. I love the humour in the show and it's so much funnier when you think of Frank as Silvio. The faces and looks he gives are identical! He cracks me up.

The scene of Frank at the boys birthday party was proper LOL when he was having a go at the eco boy! And that twig? What a twig! :D And then at the meeting with the apartment developers when he told them he bought the property off that bloke and wanted to become a business partner. That look, very sly! :D Great stuff!

Sadly the only character's names i can remember is that of Frank. I have no idea who everyone is called so i just name them by their role.

Good post ,I agree with all of its must see TV..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly the only character's names i can remember is that of Frank. I have no idea who everyone else is called so i just name them by their role.

Giovanni's goomah is called Sigrid;)

And Geir Elvis is unforgettable. For me anyway:):)

And then there is his dead dog - Lily. Hence the name of the show.

PS
    Kyrre Hellum(Elvis) stars in the film Jackpot. It's based on a Jo Nesbo manuscript.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1809231/

PPS
    Season 1 DVD released on 5th Nov. Available for pre-order from Amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lilyhammer-Season-Steve-Van-Zandt/dp/B008DCXZRW
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 2016 Winter Youth Olympics will be held in Lillehammer. I wonder if Johnny will live long enough to see it happen?

Or maybe he will be after some of the lucrative contracts?:D:D
  • Options
    Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    The 2016 Winter Youth Olympics will be held in Lillehammer. I wonder if Johnny will live long enough to see it happen?

Or maybe he will be after some of the lucrative contracts?:D:D

I wonder if the unfortunate local citizen's will survive long enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if the unfortunate local citizen's will survive long enough.

He hasn't killed anyone yet has he? But that could well change if he goes into full ''Sil'' mode.
  • Options
    the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just about to watch this week's ep. As we're in a thread about Norway I thought I'd mention that I was reading Scandinavia and the World comic online and the most recent comic is about the alphabets of the Scandi countries:

http://satwcomic.com/size-matters I love Norway's and Denmark's faces in the last sketch - so cute. :D

It linked to a fairly amusing little song vid in which the Norwegians try to compete with the Americans about who has the bigger stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f488uJAQgmw

:)
  • Options
    DenleyDenley Posts: 4,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just about to watch this week's ep. As we're in a thread about Norway I thought I'd mention that I was reading Scandinavia and the World comic online and the most recent comic is about the alphabets of the Scandi countries:

http://satwcomic.com/size-matters I love Norway's and Denmark's faces in the last sketch - so cute. :D

It linked to a fairly amusing little song vid in which the Norwegians try to compete with the Americans about who has the bigger stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f488uJAQgmw

:)

:D:D:D quality find tlp!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He hasn't killed anyone yet has he? But that could well change if he goes into full ''Sil'' mode.

The FBI not nailing Aldo Delucci could make it interesting....:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The best ep yet. :D Love Steve Van Zandt in this - his facial expressions are a picture. Him looking over the baby magazines at the end was chucklesome. Great character.

So many moments in this to treasure. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Denley wrote: »
    The FBI not nailing Aldo Delucci could make it interesting....:D

Don Aldo wants payback. Sends a couple of goons after Giovanni. Could be looking at Pine Barrens 2 maybe?:D:D
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bd/Sopranos_ep311.jpg
  • Options
    AvillerAviller Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    Ah yes, the greatest dialogue in tv history:

Paulie: "You're not gonna believe this. He killed 16 Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator."

Christofaah: "His house looked like shit."
  • Options
    shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aviller wrote: »
    Ah yes, the greatest dialogue in tv history:

Paulie: "You're not gonna believe this. He killed 16 Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator."

Christofaah: "His house looked like shit."

that WAS the greatest dialogue in TV history, until the opening scene of S4 ep1 :)

Just do a search on YouTube for 'The Wire Snoop Buys a Nailgun'. Can't link to it at the moment :(
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another good episode last night, although it was a more intimate one than we've had so far as the focus was more on Frank and Sigrid. Twins! My god, Frank's gonna have his work cut out for him now isn't he! :D

So many great scenes but my particular highlights was Frank at the hospital expecting the midwife to be female and getting a man and expecting the doctor to be male and getting a woman instead! Loved how that played out. Also loved Frank's 'women are food' speech to Sigrid's son, Jonas. Was one of the funniest things ever! :D He kept on going....and going....and going! :D I was cringing for the boy, but it was hilarious (and somewhat true! ;)).

Also i never expected it to go the way it did with the Elvis cop going off to America and discovering Frank's a US gangster. Great ending, it changes everything. What now?
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That piece of "uncle" advice was excellent I was wondering where he was going to stop!

The news that
    his cover has been blown
    plus the fact the man he testified against is still free should mean Lillyhammer the place will be getting quite lively in the near future.
  • Options
    Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    "Night Raven's. I like the sound of that."

Keep 'em coming.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,630
    Forum Member
    There are two flappy-mouthed US Homeland Security officers who shoud be suspended until they have been retrained.
  • Options
    JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished S1 on Swedish TV.

For me, as a Norwegian, I found it really amusing. It was really popular here, and seemes to do well in Sweden as well. :)
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I though Gudrun, the elderly female Night Raven was amusing
  • Options
    minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying this series more and more :)

I was hoping for a double episode last night, roll on next week :D
  • Options
    hallchallc Posts: 200,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just gets better..........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another great ep - this just keeps on giving. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Fantastic series - it's refreshingly different. It has taught me that I need to get into more Scandinavian drama type stuff
  • Options
    the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Night Raven's. I like the sound of that."

Keep 'em coming.

I read the Norwegian press online and I remember reading about the Night Ravens. They were wheeled out on duty when there was an awful series of rapes in Oslo either last year or earlier this year. It's funny to see cultural references in this show that I've seen mentioned in their newspapers!

The Guardian crowd really don't like this show but then they do take things a little too seriously over there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    realcoffee wrote: »
    Fantastic series - it's refreshingly different. It has taught me that I need to get into more Scandinavian drama type stuff

welcome to DS :) and if it's Scandi drama's you're after don't miss The Killing 3 on BBC4 Saturday nights from Nov 17th. :)
    I read the Norwegian press online and I remember reading about the Night Ravens. They were wheeled out on duty when there was an awful series of rapes in Oslo either last year or earlier this year. It's funny to see cultural references in this show that I've seen mentioned in their newspapers!

The Guardian crowd really don't like this show but then they do take things a little too seriously over there.

I just took a peek in there - I see what you mean! :D I love seeing the peculiar Norwegian cultural snippets on this too.

The night ravens - and Johnny getting ready by wrapping back tape around his baseball bat had me chuckling. :D