Game Returns advice needed and exprinces

Ben_FreemanBen_Freeman Posts: 326
Forum Member
i brought a game from game today and after playing it for an hour i have decided i dont like it . Obviously i have broken the seal and i have been reading the policy for game which means i cant return or exchange the game unless the seal is ubroken. i want to return the game as i dont like it what i would is that i get credit to what i paid for for the game. can anyone tell me what the outcome is likely to be i have only had the game a few hours and its not scratched or dirty. i would like to know if anyone has had a silmer expericnce and what the outcome was. i would also welcome any advice in what i could do when i go to game tomorow thanks for reading this and thanks for the help,

Comments

• gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    I believe as the seal has been broken all you will be offered is the standard trade in price you may want price the part exchange price in other shops such as CEX as generally they pay more money than Game.
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, if the seal is broken then it is treated as a Trade In and you will get Trade In price for it.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i brought a game from game today and after playing it for an hour i have decided i dont like it . Obviously i have broken the seal and i have been reading the policy for game which means i cant return or exchange the game unless the seal is ubroken. i want to return the game as i dont like it what i would is that i get credit to what i paid for for the game. can anyone tell me what the outcome is likely to be i have only had the game a few hours and its not scratched or dirty. i would like to know if anyone has had a silmer expericnce and what the outcome was. i would also welcome any advice in what i could do when i go to game tomorow thanks for reading this and thanks for the help,

you will get trade price, however they will price match CEX by £1

what was the game?
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup, you'll only get trade in price. Consider it an expensive rental/demo seeing as you're only returning due to personal preference.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Dont trade it in at game. That game you paid 44.99 for will only get you 22 quid and it'll be backnon the shelf for 42.99.
    If you can stomach the great unwashed then go to cex.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Or put it on eBay or Gumtree. You get more money than a trade in and someone will buy it for less than they'd get it for at Game.

Win win.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    Dont trade it in at game. That game you paid 44.99 for will only get you 22 quid and it'll be backnon the shelf for 42.99.
    If you can stomach the great unwashed then go to cex.

Or ask Game to beat their competitors and get a £1 more than anywhere else making game the best shop to trade in

Also what do you want game to do, sell the pre owned game at a loss, how would that make any sense?
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people on this Forum really do have a jaded opinion of Game, it's very unjustified.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This happens more than you think. (I work for Game)

You wont be able to retunr the game for a full refund because the game's seal is broken and the game has been played with.
    As there is nothing wrong with the game apart from you not wanting it after playing there is little you can do.

Game do offer trade ins on certain games so that you get a (slightly) better than trade in discount on new games by part ex your old game but without knowing what game it is you have bought I am unable to advise you if there will be an offer coming up on it.

CEX do offer a £1 more buy out but you will only see at best half of your cash back (depending on the game)