Options

God of War (PS4)

YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
Forum Member
Sony's Santa Monica Studio is actively working on the next God of War title. While answering audience questions at a God of War retrospective at Sony's PlayStation Experience in Las Vegas, Santa Monica Studio's Creative Director Cory Barlog confirmed that development is in fact underway.

When asked for further details, he wouldn't say much, though he did assert that it was definitely not a prequel. It's possible this could be the "reboot" Sony's Scott Rohde alluded to after the round of layoffs Santa Monica Studio suffered earlier this year.

But don't expect to be vivisecting mythological creatures any time soon. Barlog said he hoped to share more within "the next year or two" when IGN spoke to him after the panel, which means development is most likely in its early stages. When asked whether it would star series protagonist Kratos, Barlog was unwilling to answer.

This is awesome news. I love the God of War games.

But if Kratos might not be in it and we won't see any mythological creatures, then it won't really feel like a God of War game ¿ ? ¿

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »
    This is awesome news. I love the God of War games.

But if Kratos might not be in it and we won't see any mythological creatures, then it won't really feel like a God of War game ¿ ? ¿

I agree being awesome news, but if we aren't gonna be fighting massive beasts, Im wondering what will happen.

one of the links I read about this was that they didn't confirm if this was an exclusive. all others have been so I cant see why that would change for the 4th outing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree being awesome news, but if we aren't gonna be fighting massive beasts, Im wondering what will happen.

one of the links I read about this was that they didn't confirm if this was an exclusive. all others have been so I cant see why that would change for the 4th outing.

It has to be an exclusive. It's Sonys own Santa Monica studio that makes these games so they're not going to be putting it on another platform.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It has to be an exclusive. It's Sonys own Santa Monica studio that makes these games so they're not going to be putting it on another platform.

that's exactly what I thought, but if you look at the bottom of this;

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a614954/sonys-santa-monica-studio-working-on-next-god-of-war.html#~oXMdwISGAQmKQs
  • Options
    Forum Member

Sony didn't say it's a ps4 exclusive but did anyone ask them ??

Maybe it'll appear on PS3 or vita but I can't see if going to MS or Nintendo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sony didn't say it's a ps4 exclusive but did anyone ask them ??

Maybe it'll appear on PS3 or vita but I can't see if going to MS or Nintendo.

I just realised that - I misread it as playstation not playstation 4 - my mistake :blush:
  • Options
    ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love me some God Of War. It's a shame that Ascension wasn't released in 2010 because it was a good game but seemed unnecessary if you had already finished the epic GOW3.

I wonder what they will do for this next GOW.
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's just the DS reporter showing a lack of fact-checking. They didn't need to say it would be exclusive to Playstation for the same reason Microsoft don't need to say the Kinect would be exclusive to Xbox - it's common sense as they're both in-house productions.

I'd be happy to see a new spin on the series, taking on a different mythology. My vote goes to Norse! :D