Curb Your Enthusiasm- any fans?

Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi, just wondered if anyone else likes CYE. I thinks its great, possibly even better than Seinfeld (of which I'm a huge fan) and it fills the void left by a unique show like Seinfeld (its darker with *ahem* stronger language!).

Comments

• CaptainPlanetoCaptainPlaneto Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's comedy gold, the last season was amazing. Not as good as Seinfeld imo, I don't think anything ever will be.
  • rachierachie Posts: 2,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another fan here. Especially of the season with The Producers storyline- absolute genius!
  • shaneyshaneyshaneyshaney Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favorite comedy ever after Frasier. It's genius.

The new season was just as good as I had hoped.

It's pretty, pretty, pretty good !! :)
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got the first 5 seasons on dvd.I only got into the show about 2 years ago.The episode "The Doll" from Season 2 is 1 of my favourites.
  • shaneyshaneyshaneyshaney Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rachie wrote: »
    Another fan here. Especially of the season with The Producers storyline- absolute genius!

Agreed. David Shwimmer and Ben Stiller were brilliant in that series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. Currently enjoying the episodes they are showing on More4. I couldn't watch it for a long time as I watched it on More4+1 till a few years ago when they took down the service, and my More4 was poor reception.

Happily now I have upgraded my aerial and am back into it! :)
  • Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. David Shwimmer and Ben Stiller were brilliant in that series.

This is the only episode that Jerry Seinfeld himself appeared in (although somewhat briefly!).
  • CyrilTheWaspCyrilTheWasp Posts: 2,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Curb.

Love Seinfeld.

Here's another one that the big shot tv people never first gave a chance to.........

Arrested Development.

Just watched the first series and have bought the 2nd and 3rd, even though with the 3rd the tv company decided to end it prematurely.

It's up there though with Curb and Seinfeld.Brilliant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    love curb

hate Seinfeld - just never 'got' it and find Jerry Seinfeld really irritating

my favourite curb is 'beloved *unt' hahahah
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    I love CURB but never liked Seinfeld- as others, I found Jerry annoying and loathe that bass-popping transition "music" - I have considered giving it a second chance after liking Curb so much, however....I saw an interview with LD and he said he would never work on a commercial network sitcom again because there are too many restrictions- and perhaps that's why I don't like Seinfeld either - those mainstream network TV sitcoms are always a bit too safe (scared of offending anyone and adversely affecting their ad revenue)...luckily HBO and to a small degree, Comedy Central and FOX, have filled the gap ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    Hi, just wondered if anyone else likes CYE. I thinks its great, possibly even better than Seinfeld (of which I'm a huge fan) and it fills the void left by a unique show like Seinfeld (its darker with *ahem* stronger language!).

Curb is the funniest show I've ever see n on television.... at any time in current history.I think it's heads and shoulders above Seinfeld .In fact nothing touches it as far as I'm concerned.Seinfeld was good but pretty one dimensional as well as predictable.
    What I want to know is where the hell is the latest series which is currently being shown on US tv? Does anyone know if it will be shown here in theUK, and if so on what channel?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,973
    Forum Member
    god I love it!
  • marie67marie67 Posts: 1,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gerry d wrote: »
    I've got the first 5 seasons on dvd.I only got into the show about 2 years ago.The episode "The Doll" from Season 2 is 1 of my favourites.

That's also my favourite episode
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    i love curb.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    It's good, I'm watching it on more4 at the moment but it's not one of those shows that makes me actually laugh
    ratkat wrote: »
    I saw an interview with LD and he said he would never work on a commercial network sitcom again because there are too many restrictions- and perhaps that's why I don't like Seinfeld either - those mainstream network TV sitcoms are always a bit too safe (scared of offending anyone and adversely affecting their ad revenue)

This is true but when you look at when Seinfeld started (1990?) it was a lot more "modern" than what else was around. When you watch it now it compares greatly with the other shows of it's time, god just look at what was on in the UK around then.
    Arrested Development.

Just watched the first series and have bought the 2nd and 3rd, even though with the 3rd the tv company decided to end it prematurely.

It's up there though with Curb and Seinfeld.Brilliant.

I prefer it to both, it's an absolute gem and really did make me laugh, a lot of the time in disbelief that what had happened could appeal to me so much. I used to record it and watch it after work a couple of years ago. I'd love to get it on DVD.
  • russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like what I've seen a lot, but never seem to know when new episodes are shown - used to watch it on BBC Four, but haven't seen many promotions for it on More4 when a new series starts.
  • sezziesezzie Posts: 11,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Larry David rules! :D
  • Slow AlexSlow Alex Posts: 1,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have season 1,2 and 3 on dvd. For me the best episodes are Shaq, The Doll, The bracelet and any episode that features his pal Michael (the guy with the long hair). My favorite clips are the one in the restuarant where he is arrested for 'stealing a spoon', the one where he goes up to random guys and accuses them of stealing his plan tickets and the one where he refuses to give the trick or treat girls any treats for Halloween.

I also like Wanda and his wife Cheryl
  • the_red_devilthe_red_devil Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    fabulous show, im a bit like larry :o
  • Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, Shaq and the doll are great. I like it when Larry starts arguing and his voice changes (I think LD has a fab voice BTW). Also now and again a little bit of 'Steinbrenner' comes through!
  • NEIL J JONESNEIL J JONES Posts: 7,115
    Forum Member
    Its a great show, especially the first 3 series. The last few minutes (torretes outburst) of the final episode of season 3 has got to be one of the greatest pieces of comedy ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    yes, curb.

started watching it on BBC 3 years back when we first got it in the UK.

the advert went something like '...daddy, I'm not so stupid!...''
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    new series start tonight on More 4 at 10.35 p.m
  • Beer MonsterBeer Monster Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    new series start tonight on More 4 at 10.35 p.m

and I cant wait, my season 6 dvd is on preorder :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a new fav episode from season 6- "The Ratdog"- it was painfully funny!