Options

Viewing Card

chandleochandleo Posts: 614
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi, i'm new to top up tv,

My Top up Tv+ box arrived on Thursday, surprisingly without a viewing card included just a voucher to get the months free trial which I immediatly phoned up for, said the card was being sent out but this hasn't arrived yet.

Obviously the box won't start downloading programs until it has a valid card inserted and considering this won't now arrive til monday at the earliest I would guess it would be at least Tuesday until I start receiving content, my question do Top Up TV start the months trial from when you phone up or do I need to call again when the card arrives, as in effect I would be losing 5 days of the trial, just wondering!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    you need to either phone or use TUTV website to activate card. it will start when you activate the card.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks thats the answer I was hoping for :)

card still hasn't arrived in todays post though, does it normally take this long?
  • Options
    stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    chandleo wrote: »
    thanks thats the answer I was hoping for :)

card still hasn't arrived in todays post though, does it normally take this long?

can take a random amount of time to arrive. som get it before their box arrives, some get it after and some get it a few days later after buying the box from a store.

I can't really judge when cards arrive as i never waited for mine. I originally had the linear service so i bought the first ever TUTV box that was the Thomson DTI 2300 which was bundled with the starter pack and wasn't branded TUTV to go either..., then I later waited to some cash came in and then went online, said i was an original customer and ordered my TUTVA box online, my card was automatically paired with the box as it asked me for my card no when ordering online. worked straight away as well. and the box took 4 weeks to arrive for me which i think was right, and was pre-loded with software 2.20 but immediately went to 2.44 as that was released.

then a few weeks later i phoned up TUTV to get setanta and all i needed to do was say im existing and want setanta, they then ran through some security questions such as my viewing card no, and name and house no and that was it. they said ok weve activated you now, please stay on ch5 (but i knew basically any channel in muxA). and within about 40 mins setanta was on (I stayed on setanta itself).

so yeh, thats how it went for me.

great service, you'll enjoy it. :)
  • Options
    Zeropoint1Zeropoint1 Posts: 10,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Off Topic...But

I still have the original grey viewing card from the linear service, I think I joined about a month after launch. Didn't I read somewehere they were going to replace these with the new more "secure" cards late last year?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still no viewing card nearly two weeks later, phoned Top up TV who said they'll send a new one out within 48 hours, sounded quite rude though asking me if I was sure I hadn't had the card and he'd start the free trial again (cheeky get!)