What do you eat in an average day ?

12346»

Comments

• UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    Someone mentioned eggs, I like eggs but hardly eat them because I seem to get an upset stomach whenever I eat egg. It seems to be the boiled or the one where you crack it open into a pan and it looks like a sun in the clouds(can't remember the name/form...)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,658
    Forum Member
    Today - piece of toast and jam for breakfast
    Small portion of risotto (well I only ate half of it) and spoon of salad for lunch
    One jaffa cake
    Pasta with trout and leeks for dinner

I normally do loads of exercise (running and I cycle 5 miles each way to work and back) but am taking a 9 month break! I'm actually less hungry, probably because of exercising less and needing less fuel. Wonder how soon I am going to start putting on weight...?
  • BluenileBluenile Posts: 11,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 Wheat Bisks + Semi Skimmed milk
    1/4 carton of Innocent fruit smoothie
    Baked Potato + Fish Cakes + Broccoli + Peas
    Mullerlight Yogurt
    Omega 3 tablet + Multivit tablet
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday,

Breakfast: grated carrot and chickweed.
    Lunch: 3gms of foreign finch mix.
    Evening meal: a strand of millet.

Oh, I forgot the cuttlefish nibbles!

:)
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bluespeed wrote: »
    What were you eating for breakfast?

Cereal. It ranged from 'sensible' stuff like bran flakes and alpen, to kids cereal like frosties.
  • JamesChocMissioJamesChocMissio Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Breakfast 9am

1 Thick Slice of Wholemeal with PB & Honey
    1 Bowl of Fruit + Fibre
    1 Yogurt
    1 Scoop of Protein Powder
    1/2 Serving of Chocolate I am reviewing that day

Lunch 1pm

Sweet Potato Chips
    M&S Fishcakes
    Sweetcorn
    Peas

Snack5 pm

1 Protein Shake
    1 Slice of Thick wholemeal with PB
    1/2 Serving of Chocolate I am reviewing that day

Dinner 7 pm

Baked Beans
    2 Slices of Wholemeal Toast

Snack 9pm

1 bowl of Walls Vanilla Ice Cream
    1 Scoop of protein Powder
    1 Serving of whatever chocolate I am reviewing

..... :D a lot more than the rest of of you then
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Female 5ft 6"...7st 7lbs (officially underweight...have been since I was a child)

Breakfast: 3 cans of Red Bull
    Lunch: a slice of cheese, humus.. and a packet of crisps.
    Tea: small bowl Sainsbury's vegetarian curry with fresh brocolli.
    Supper: Soya milk..sometimes a chocolate bar too.

Wish I could incorporate more fruit into my diet...but it all tasted sweet, mulshy and acidic to me, can't even like fruit puddings. Hate smoothies too.

I have cured my Red Bull addiction!! I now have a small bowl of cereal for breakfast instead :) Really fond of Force Flakes with a bit of sugar!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have cured my Red Bull addiction!! I now have a small bowl of cereal for breakfast instead :) Really fond of Force Flakes with a bit of sugar!

Ooh, what are Force Flakes? I've never seen them around.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bluespeed wrote: »
    Ooh, what are Force Flakes? I've never seen them around.

Like really fine wheaty flakes for those who think Bran Blakes are a bit heavy. You can get them from larger Tescos:

http://www.auravita.com/prodimages/NAST/NAST13232.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,555
    Forum Member
    I had a proper cooked breakfast on Saturday as my main meal of the day - it's all I ate as it filled me up loads but I was wondering if anyone with a better idea than me could estimate the calories in this meal?
    I had:
    1.5 grilled turkey sausages
    2 slices of lean bacon
    0.5 large tomato grilled
    100gr (approx) sauteed mushrooms
    1 fried egg
    1 large slice wholegrain toast with low fat spread
    2 tbsp baked beans

I also drank a few coffees, lots of water and then a fair bit of wine in the evening!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typical day.

Breakfast, 8 slices of toast, 2 bowls of cereal, apple, 2 bananas and a carrot plus 2 cups of tea.

Dinner, chilli and rice, or pasta and sauce, chicken and roast and veg. 2 helpings if i'm at work.

Tea, sandwich or an apple or a bananna.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, ive put on even more weight since i started this thread.

All i have been eating is, no brekkie. A sarnie for lunch, a normal dinner (which i post here). Going all day on just one sarnie is sometimes hard.

And i have put on another 1/2 stone.

Today i did eat more. I had 2 slices of wholemeal toast with homemade damson jam (no butter). A bag of hula hoops. Dinner was bacon, egg, tomatos and 2 slices of bread.
  • whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »

All i have been eating is, no brekkie. A sarnie for lunch, a normal dinner (which i post here). Going all day on just one sarnie is sometimes hard.

Today i did eat more. I had 2 slices of wholemeal toast with homemade damson jam (no butter). A bag of hula hoops. Dinner was bacon, egg, tomatos and 2 slices of bread.

Firstly, you're not eating breakfast, that's wrong as it kick starts your metabolism and will stop you craving bad food before lunch time.

Secondly, you need to look at the quality of what you eat, is it slow release energy food? For example, you say you eat one sandwich for lunch, but what type of bread is it? If it's white then it's less likely to keep you full for long. Try granary with some type of lean protein like chicken or tuna, and then bulk it out with lots of salad. Try and avoid mayo etc as well, though Hellman's extra light is very good.

Also, try and aim to get your 5 a day, I know it's hard, especially in winter when you crave stodgy food, but once you get into the swing of it, it get's a lot easier.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You have to be just as careful not to undereat as you are not to overeat. Your body will retain fat if you starve yourself and having only a sarnie to last you most of the day is effectively starvation.

I know you've tried eating breakfast before and just put on more weight, but I really wouldn't abandon the idea completely. Just make sure it's a really, really healthy one - porridge oats and skimmed milk, or a low-fat yoghurt with some fruit mixed in. Avoid kids' cereals at all costs. Seriously, with the sugar and fat in some of them you might as well be munching on a Mars bar!

Your breakfast should be eaten almost as soon as you wake up. I know this isn't something that sits well with lots of people, but your body can be gradually conditioned to want food early in the day, if you force it to start with. I'm living proof of that! Went several years not being able to face it, now I can't imagine a day without it.

As whackyracer said, get some more fruit and veg in there too. An apple and satsuma will sustain you far longer than a pack of crisps, for half the calories and a fraction of the fat content. Oh, and avoid drinking too much alcohol. Try sticking to water during the day with alcohol being a weekend treat.

And of course exercise! Walking everywhere, taking the stairs instead of lifts and going for a jog 3-4 times a week can work wonders.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Big, big mistake. You know you are trying to lose weight. Your body doesnt. It might think you are stuck in the Sahara so it go's into slow mode and shuts down your metabalism. Having no breakfast is the worst thing if you are trying to lose weight.
  • AGNUS_BROWNAGNUS_BROWN Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I ate yesterday:

Breakfast 10am
    4 fried eggs with 4 slices of toast

snack 11am
    2x kitkat chunky

lunch 2pm
    4 sausage rolls and 2 double chocolate muffins

Snack 4pm
    2 chicken and mushroom slices

dinner 7pm
    1 fray bentons steak mushroom pie
    mushy peas
    smash
    3 slices of bread and butter

snack 10pm
    4x mr kipling lemon slices.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    female, 25, 5ft7

breakfast: bowl of porridge with chopped banana or rice krispies made with skimmed milk, glass of orange juice

lunch: vegetarian burger with low fat cheese slice, glass of diet irn bru, then a glass of water

dinner: cheese and onion pasty, apple, small pack of buttons, glass of diet irn bru
  • whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Female, 28

Breakfast

Youghurt and banana

Lunch

Stiry fry
    skinny latte
    water

Dinner

roast chicken
    lots of fresh veg
    2 roast potatoes
    half a mini mince pie
    cup of tea
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I ate yesterday:

Breakfast 10am
    4 fried eggs with 4 slices of toast

snack 11am
    2x kitkat chunky

lunch 2pm
    4 sausage rolls and 2 double chocolate muffins

Snack 4pm
    2 chicken and mushroom slices

dinner 7pm
    1 fray bentons steak mushroom pie
    mushy peas
    smash
    3 slices of bread and butter

snack 10pm
    4x mr kipling lemon slices.

Goodness! An intake of far too much fat,salt,cholesterol and sugar!

You should not eat after 8pm either. 4 lemon slices is rather heavy for the digestion at this time.

I would be looking for lighter food and give your poor digestive system a rest.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member

You are eating the wrong kind of food,no wonder why you have put weight on.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day as it fills you up until lunch time,if you eat the right kind. Ever since I took up eating yoghurt and banana for breakfast,I have no felt hungry as they are low gi.

A diet of chickpea dahl and rice and 10,000 steps a day (five miles) will soon take the weight off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    female, 24, a bit heavier than i should be for being 5ft 2 inches :o

trying to shed a few pounds, so being sensible - or at least i think so, happy to take suggestions!

breakfast
    slice of 50/50 toast with either branston pickle or a banana. apple juice or a smoothie

lunch
    either cous cous or soup, not creamy soup though, tomato or veg broth or leek and tattie, 2 slices 50/50 bread. sugar free squash

dinner
    chicken breast, brown rice, veg (peas, sugar snaps, baby corn, carrot and green beans), diet irn bru :D

snacks
    apple, 1 bag crisps, and on the odd occasion, maybe once a week, hot choc with marshmallows :o

saturday or sunday we have a chippied for dinner cos im not working and cant be bothered to cook!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today;

brek; bowl of fruit and fibre
    snack; apple
    lunch; grated carrot, lettuce and houmous sarnie, yoghurt
    snack; apple (yawn)

all sound v. healthy so far but am going to ruin it with a veggie fry up for dinner (quorn sausage, fried egg, mushrooms, hash brown, tomatoes), plus will have a few tinnies whilst watching the football, do a 2 mile up hill walk to the bus stop everyday after work, hopefully I can afford a few mid-week vices!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    female, 24, a bit heavier than i should be for being 5ft 2 inches :o

trying to shed a few pounds, so being sensible - or at least i think so, happy to take suggestions!

breakfast
    slice of 50/50 toast with either branston pickle or a banana. apple juice or a smoothie

lunch
    either cous cous or soup, not creamy soup though, tomato or veg broth or leek and tattie, 2 slices 50/50 bread. sugar free squash

dinner
    chicken breast, brown rice, veg (peas, sugar snaps, baby corn, carrot and green beans), diet irn bru :D

snacks
    apple, 1 bag crisps, and on the odd occasion, maybe once a week, hot choc with marshmallows :o

saturday or sunday we have a chippied for dinner cos im not working and cant be bothered to cook!

That's a healthy menu! Not sure about pickle on toast though...local delicacy? :) With a diet like that, a bit of exercise should see you lose weight quiet easily I'd have thought.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    michael,76 wrote: »
    That's a healthy menu! Not sure about pickle on toast though...local delicacy? :) With a diet like that, a bit of exercise should see you lose weight quiet easily I'd have thought.

lol, i've always loved pickle, so not a local delicacy, just me being wierd :o

am now walking about an hour more each day, as have just got a puppy, and he's happy to walk for up to half an hour at his afternoon walk, and about 10 -15 mins on his toilet walks. thats as well at the 2 trips to the nursey and walking home form the bus stop at night. so we'll see :D have only started sensible eating in last week. found that as im getting more exercise, i dont feel like snacking and i want to eat healthier food. hope it continues lol!