Richard lll : The King in the Carpark C4 Monday

Comments

• planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Yes and quite right to its a realisation of her dream of finding him.

Academics are far less emotional by nature.

liking your posts richard
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watch out Mrs Lady Scientist. If you call Richard a nancy boy, Phillipa will track you down and hit you with a large mattock.
  • candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lmao these comments are hilarious.
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jen-B wrote: »
    I've had to turn it off. I can't deal with it anymore. I watched expecting a good, thorough documentary about the excavation, not to watch a someone throw herself off into fits.

Not impressed, not impressed at all.

As much as I love an intresting doc, a wired one is always a thousand times more entertaining......:D
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    I've had to turn it off. I can't deal with it anymore. I watched expecting a good, thorough documentary about the excavation, not to watch a someone throw herself off into fits.

I'm very near to turning off, Phillipa is driving me insane!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think my neighbours are wondering what I'm laughing about. :o
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    liking your posts richard

Thanks.:)
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Like a lot of TV they're making it into a 'journey'..........and that's giving us lots of laughs but it's a brilliant discovery and well worth watching..................it's a once in a 500 year thing............
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if Philippa drove that van straight to the lab with dear Richards remains in it, or if she took it back home for a bit of role play first?
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she should have been left out of the filming....making the most out the camera time methinks. And Curley is becoming aroused by her emotional outbursts....I can tell.
  • M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    Ooh The King was a Queen me thinks.

now try imagining "A Horse A Horse, My Kingdom for a horse..."

Takes on a whole new aura
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,667
    Forum Member
    I think my neighbours are wondering what I'm laughing about. :o

It's on a level with those drama's they used to have on Wild at Heart;):D
  • Fiddly_FeltzFiddly_Feltz Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been watching this and enjoying the comments on here too. I love history and was looking forward to it but I'm sure that lunatic woman has dragged the whole production down!
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    This could be so interesting and they have wrecked it!
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    I wonder if Philippa drove that van straight to the lab with dear Richards remains in it, or if she took it back home for a bit of role play first?

I like to think he took her up the tower......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    is curly top man the same bloke from the AA adverts? The one who was duped into thinking he'd gone into space on that reality show too?

I know him from the Horrible Histories programme.
  • SuzeSuze Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok f*ck! She is off again!

Get a grip on reality woman! :mad:

Nutter!

Your responses to a tv show are more dramatic than hers! Get a grip on reality indeed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait til they re-create the face... she's going to piss her pants!
  • TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, me too. I have been looking forward to this all week but I am disappointed. Philipa Langly wasn't, if I remember (or the Horrible Hair Man) much mentioned in the trailer lead ins. So I thought this would be a serious docu but it is over emotional now. Yes, I undersatnd why she is involved (serious Ricardians are VERY single minded) and she may shed a tear but then they should cut the "are you Oks.."
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been watching this and enjoying the comments on here too. I love history and was looking forward to it but I'm sure that lunatic woman has dragged the whole production down!

If not for her this discovery may not have been made.

Think of it like that.;)
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Cadiva wrote: »
    He wasn't misplaced, he was the loser of a battle for the throne of England and, therefore, his body wasn't treated with any kind of respect. He was left on the battlefield, later stripped naked and chucked over the back of a horse and paraded through the streets of Leicester.
    It was the monks of the Grey Friars who buried him in their choir not at the request of anyone victorious after the battle.

Get some humour.
  • Jen-BJen-B Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Like a lot of TV they're making it into a 'journey'..........and that's giving us lots of laughs but it's a brilliant discovery and well worth watching..................it's a once in a 500 year thing............

I can deal with 'journeys' - I've been a fan of archaeology since I was a little child, watched Time Team since I can remember, but I have limits. And I've found them.
  • stonostono Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Are they?

The results may prove otherwise glad you are still enjoying the programme though.

yes they are!!! historians are never that sure about history.

and it is entertaining yes, we sure its not a new comic strip presents or something.

"aaaarrrghh you have a womens arm milord!!!!"
  • Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if she's married. And I wonder if she gets him to dress up.
  • macavity77macavity77 Posts: 404
    Forum Member
    Please can someone post a link to the press conference recording? I can only find the live stream link on the BBC.

Can't stand much more of this woman. I don't care if she funded it or not it doesn't give her carte blanche to behave like a drama queen. Channel 4 should be ashamed.:o