Some Sheffield United "Fans" Cheer" About Ched Evans, Saying "He's Coming Home"!

Comments

• zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    idlewilde wrote: »
    One has to wonder why this apparent rape victim hasn't had universal support and sympathy.

I hope you are not being sarcastic because victim blaming in a rape case is disgusting.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    They both also voluntarily gave up the information to the police in the belief that nothing untoward had happened.

Of course they did, what would you expect them to say/do?
  • GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    zelda fan wrote: »
    I hope you are not being sarcastic because victim blaming in a rape case is disgusting.

Even when there was no victim? She never labelled herself a rape victim or accused anyone of rape
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does it have to be one or the other? I hope that both of them are able to get on with their lives and careers. It's ridiculous that two lives have been ruined over a drunken threesome.

Three. While not to the same extent Mcdonald has had his career ruined as well.
    Forum Member
    Even when there was no victim? She never labelled herself a rape victim or accused anyone of rape

No, the police did that yet she got all that abuse.
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member

Regardless that poster was trying to imply unpleasant characteristics in the woman to make her look bad, that is low in my opinion.

The fairest thing is to see how this appeal goes if his conviction is overturned i along with many others would then have no problem with him. As it stands though he was convicted of a very serious crime and only served half a sentence while the victim has a life sentence thanks to his abusive supporters. It's not hard to see why many of us feel justice has not been served. His supporters ironically also enforce the point that he is a bad role model for children considering the way they have conducted themselves in order to defend him.
    Forum Member
    Regardless that poster was trying to imply unpleasant characteristics in the woman to make her look bad, that is low in my opinion.

The fairest thing is to see how this appeal goes if his conviction is overturned i along with many others would then have no problem with him. As it stands though he was convicted of a very serious crime and only served half a sentence while the victim has a life sentence thanks to his abusive supporters. It's not hard to see why many of us feel justice has not been served. His supporters ironically also enforce the point that he is a bad role model for children considering the way they have conducted themselves in order to defend him.

The majority of convicts only serve half of their sentence, the remainder is used to reintegrate them back into society and to deter them from further offending with the threat of a return to prison.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't think you can blame Evans for her being named and abused. Remember that all of this happened shortly after his conviction, how can he be held responsible for the actions of some of his friends while he was in prison beginning a five year sentence? Let alone all of the 'supporters' he didn't know.
  • JavedJaved Posts: 6,832
    Forum Member
    The majority of convicts only serve half of their sentence, the remainder is used to reintegrate them back into society and to deter them from further offending with the threat of a return to prison.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't think you can blame Evans for her being named and abused. Remember that all of this happened shortly after his conviction, how can he be held responsible for the actions of some of his friends while he was in prison beginning a five year sentence? Let alone all of the 'supporters' he didn't know.

He hasn't condemned them though and his girlfriend has added fuel to the fire
    Forum Member
    Javed wrote: »
    He hasn't condemned them though and his girlfriend has added fuel to the fire

Again, this happened when he was in prison so I'm not sure what he could have done, and many of them were dealt with swiftly by the courts two years so I don't know what him condemning them in his recent statement would have achieved.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Of course they did, what would you expect them to say/do?

Be evasive, deny sexual activity ever took place, get their story straight etc etc
    Forum Member

That's the whole point. There are just as many people who don't actually believe this "rape" took place.
    Forum Member
    Be evasive, deny sexual activity ever took place, get their story straight etc etc

But the porter was there to say different so they couldn't say that.
    Forum Member
    Again, this happened when he was in prison so I'm not sure what he could have done, and many of them were dealt with swiftly by the courts two years so I don't know what him condemning them in his recent statement would have achieved.

It would have shown that he condemned the abuse.

And it's not true to say it stopped. It's carrying on whenever the topic comes up.

And his spokespeople could have condemned it on his behalf, prison is not Outer Mongolia.
    Forum Member
    But the porter was there to say different so they couldn't say that.

During initial questioning by the police over a missing phone and handbag, and the possible spiking of a drink, they gave up quite voluntarily the fact that they had sex with the girl. I doubt at that particular point in time they were thinking about the night porter's forthcoming testimony. I don't think they would have even imagined he had listened at the door and heard them.
    Forum Member
    Javed wrote: »
    It would have shown that he condemned the abuse.

And it's not true to say it stopped. It's carrying on whenever the topic comes up.

And his spokespeople could have condemned it on his behalf, prison is not Outer Mongolia.

His parents even, they must be so proud of him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you explain what is disgusting about that sentence? The testimony states that she was changing positions on the bed, initiating activity, asking Evans to "Fk her harder" etc

What other inference would you take fom that?

PS "They would say that" is not a valid response.

So to doubt the word of a proven liar and cheat, plus that of his friend who is at best an unreliable witness, both of whom were facing lengthy prison sentences, is 'not valid'? Idiocy. Pure idiocy.

And the 'disgusting' part about Generalissimo's constant lies are that he not only refuses to believe a rape took place, but he insists that she enjoyed it.

Clear enough?
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaybee15 wrote: »
    So to doubt the word of a proven liar and cheat, plus that of his friend who is at best an unreliable witness, both of whom were facing lengthy prison sentences, is 'not valid'? Idiocy. Pure idiocy.

And the 'disgusting' part about Generalissimo's constant lies are that he not only refuses to believe a rape took place, but he insists that she enjoyed it.

Clear enough?
    Generallissimo must be Ched's agent.
    Forum Member
    CELT1987 wrote: »

The thought had crossed my mind.
  • boniverboniver Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaybee15 wrote: »

Clear enough?

I don't think Generalissimo has lied at any point has he? He has just reviewed the facts and come to the conclusion that is was not rape, as have plenty of other people on this thread.

Surely you can at least see its a grey area?

And regarding enjoying it, the testimony of the porter does point to that.
  • AmicaAmica Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They didn't cover for each other as I don't think that they believe(d) that it is rape. But it is and therein lies the problem.
    There are many other people who don't think this is rape, even though she was unable to give consent. The law says otherwise.
    Hopefully, some other people will have taken this fact on board and modify their behaviour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Six clubs are interested in him according to the Mirror. Hopefully that's true and he gets a big contract.

I don't know much about this case apart from him obviously dividing opinion. Which is why I don't understand why anyone would want him in their team, regardless of whether they think he is guilty or not.
    It's very likely he'll divide opinion among the other players. Even if some think he is innocent, others will think he is a rapist and would prefer to not have to work with him. It's poisonous to bring such a divisive player into your team, it just leads to a split in the squad and animosity among the players.

If I thought he was not guilty, I'd feel it was unfair for him personally of course. But I'd not want him anywhere near my team.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Six clubs are interested in him according to the Mirror. Hopefully that's true and he gets a big contract.
    Your definitely Ched's agent then. No chance he will get a big contract. His careers finished as a top player.
    Forum Member
    Tubtui wrote: »
    I don't know much about this case apart from him obviously dividing opinion. Which is why I don't understand why anyone would want him in their team, regardless of whether they think he is guilty or not.
    It's very likely he'll divide opinion among the other players. Even if some think he is innocent, others will think he is a rapist and would prefer to not have to work with him. It's poisonous to bring such a divisive player into your team, it just leads to a split in the squad and animosity among the players.

If I thought he was not guilty, I'd feel it was unfair for him personally of course. But I'd not want him anywhere near my team.

And think of whenever he plays there will be fans of the team who are for him and others who are against him, and then there will be the opposing teams fans who will be chanting against him. It could blow up into violence on the Terraces.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,980
    Forum Member
    Your definitely Ched's agent then. No chance he will get a big contract. His careers finished as a top player.

Yes that post really proves he's Ched's agent. Well done you got him ;)
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,515
    Forum Member

I disagree, but he has been making some interesting legal arguments based on a tricky area of law. I shall continue to try and fend him off though, as best I can! ;)